Author Topic: Sega at AOU 2010.  (Read 36578 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Sega at AOU 2010.
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 11:17:25 am »
Sega have a really really goodline up this year! Even better then most years. Theres no way they wont make a profit.

SENGOKU TAISEN, Virtua Fighter 5 Final, Shining Force Cross, Boader Break and Lets go Island I would love to get my hands on!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 03:34:47 am »
LET'S GO iSLAND LOST ON THE ISLAND OF SPICE looks incredible , so does Shinning Cross . How can SEGA push boards like Lindberg (VF 5 Final looks better than any next gen beat them up) and RingEdge when thier spec's are nothing to the 360 and PS3 , only to them fall flat on their ass for most Console efforts I do not know , More so when most of the next gen consoles all use PC CPU's or GPU to power them .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM_old

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 07:46:14 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Sega have a really really goodline up this year! Even better then most years. Theres no way they wont make a profit.

SENGOKU TAISEN, Virtua Fighter 5 Final, Shining Force Cross, Boader Break and Lets go Island I would love to get my hands on!

VF5S is the only title on that list that holds any intrest for me. Most of the others are specific to the tastes of their country of origin .

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2010, 09:44:32 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
LET'S GO iSLAND LOST ON THE ISLAND OF SPICE looks incredible , so does Shinning Cross . How can SEGA push boards like Lindberg (VF 5 Final looks better than any next gen beat them up) and RingEdge when thier spec's are nothing to the 360 and PS3 , only to them fall flat on their ass for most Console efforts I do not know , More so when most of the next gen consoles all use PC CPU's or GPU to power them .

Well obviously Sega would do better with their own hardware than other peoples'. That's just the way its always been.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2010, 02:14:38 pm »
Quote from: "ROJM"

VF5S is the only title on that list that holds any intrest for me. Most of the others are specific to the tastes of their country of origin .

Not even Border Break or Shining Force Cross?

Lets go Jungle was all kinds of silly fun so I can't wait for Island!
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 02:11:34 am »
Quote from: "jonboy101"

Well obviously Sega would do better with their own hardware than other peoples'. That's just the way its always been.

But these days SEGA own Arcade hardware uses Windows,  PC CPU's and GPU to power them , and back a few years ago , I thought SEGA more than most pushed the X-box and the Cube to its limits.
Its just seems a bit strange to see SEGA push (what is PC hardware ) its Arcade boards so hard , yet have a bit of a hardtime with its console efforts , bar 1 or 2 games
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM_old

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 01:43:57 pm »

Not even Border Break or Shining Force Cross?

Lets go Jungle was all kinds of silly fun so I can't wait for Island!

No BB is crap, didn't like the game. SFC is basically not even ashamed of ripping off the look of Kingdom Hearts. Project Diva are for otaku and wouldn't translate here as many of other recent sega arcade titles. LGJ is fine even Gunman but not the type of gun game i'd like to play anymore.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 02:02:46 pm »
2 videos from the show:

[youtube:4od9rkzc]E0aJL2-bt4c[/youtube:4od9rkzc]

[youtube:4od9rkzc]Y9MDy4LMyEU[/youtube:4od9rkzc]

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 05:43:44 pm »
This videoshow is very impressive ; thanx STORM!.

If only SEGA JAPAN was so prolific in the consumer area!
SEGA STYLE

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 09:36:32 pm »

But these days SEGA own Arcade hardware uses Windows,  PC CPU's and GPU to power them , and back a few years ago , I thought SEGA more than most pushed the X-box and the Cube to its limits.
Its just seems a bit strange to see SEGA push (what is PC hardware ) its Arcade boards so hard , yet have a bit of a hardtime with its console efforts , bar 1 or 2 games

The PS3 is a bitch to program for, though, isn't it? And most Sega games are probably designed and built on PS3, with the PS3 in mind, because most Sega Japan games are designed for Japan, which obviously spanks the X360 in said region.

Another problem is that, yes, the PS3 is a bitch to program on, you should also remember that a lot of the efforts we see on the next gen consoles are fairly rushed products, like Yakuza.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 03:08:15 am »

The PS3 is a bitch to program for, though, isn't it? And most Sega games are probably designed and built on PS3, with the PS3 in mind, because most Sega Japan games are designed for Japan, which obviously spanks the X360 in said region.

Another problem is that, yes, the PS3 is a bitch to program on, you should also remember that a lot of the efforts we see on the next gen consoles are fairly rushed products, like Yakuza.

Everybody says that about the PS3 , SEGA more than most should be used to hardware that's hard to program for and using multi CPU's, even old Coin Up's like Power Drift used 3 to 4 CPU's to power it .
Most other developers (even Japanese ones) are now using the PS3 well , yet SEGA isn't , while it's Arcade Teams just rip the piss with stunning looking games , I can't believe how good  LOST ON THE ISLAND OF SPICE looks .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Sharky

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 10:48:33 am »
Quote from: "STORM!"
2 videos from the show:

[videos]

Awesome, thanks Storm!

Such a fantastic show! Sega clearly went all out this year, they knew nobody was going to touch them.
Made by SEGA

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 06:35:02 am »
Looks kind of like the Project Diva arcade title might be set up to possibly go to the PS3 at some point in the future with the whole "x", "o", "square", "triangle" button thing.
Is Revolution 2 some kind of follow up to Sakura Wars or something?

Offline ROJM_old

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 06:58:20 am »

Exactly. And another factor. If people are going to use the argument that the arcade teams can make a blinding game as an example to beat another stick at the consumer division then maybe they should realise that the arcade teams are still working on Sega hardware while the consumer teams aren't. The reason these arcade games are great looking because they're designed to be so they show off their technology and catch the eye of the buyers. The consumer division doesn't have that job anymore and it doesn't matter how long it is, these guys were pratically raised since they joined sega to believe that sega hardware tech is the best in the buisness for over 20 years(and in reality longer than that) You can't suddenly turn off that when you are suddenly working on a system that isn't the system you were trained to build games on.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 07:27:18 am »

Exactly. And another factor. If people are going to use the argument that the arcade teams can make a blinding game as an example to beat another stick at the consumer division then maybe they should realise that the arcade teams are still working on Sega hardware while the consumer teams aren't. The reason these arcade games are great looking because they're designed to be so they show off their technology and catch the eye of the buyers. The consumer division doesn't have that job anymore and it doesn't matter how long it is, these guys were pratically raised since they joined sega to believe that sega hardware tech is the best in the buisness for over 20 years(and in reality longer than that) You can't suddenly turn off that when you are suddenly working on a system that isn't the system you were trained to build games on.

That's an old Argument , that died out with NA@MI II . These days SEGA use off the shelf PC tech , to Power Their Arcade games . To make Games for SEGA Arcade Boards is to program a PC , be it CPU, Be it GPU and right down to Windows.
SEGA have  now had years of Experienced on using  PC tech now ,  to Power its games since Chihiro , then Lindberg and now  RingEdge respectively . Yet that knowledge and tech doesn’t look like it was passed down to the consumer Teams. SEGA long before most Japanese developers , set up a PC division  too .

SEGA Japan should be way ahead on other Japanese developers when it comes to getting the best of the Next Gen consoles really (with their use of PC Tech)  and really use its Arcade teams Tech& know how  of using PC's,  to help out the Consumer Teams. In just the same way SEGA used it's Arcade Teams to help out with or even Join the  Saturn Consumer Teams  , and getting the best out of Dual CPU's very early on.    

Also it’s in SEGA interests to make their Consumer games look as good as possible , and have far better R&D tech and engines to call on
SEGA Consumer Teams need better direction , better R&D support , and in cases of Yakuza , or Sonic more development time for the games .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is