Author Topic: New Sega Indent  (Read 7385 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
New Sega Indent
« on: May 20, 2017, 03:04:02 pm »
http://segabits.com/blog/2017/05/20/this-is-how-segas-games-will-start-moving-forward/

After staring at pictures on walls, out windows, out of moving cars which when you put it all together is rather creepy, a man at SoJ who suspiciously uses too much moisturiser for my liking has got bored and looked at old 90s indents and used something close to the old virgin media indent. What do we think?

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: New Sega Indent
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:03:55 pm »
Guessing you're pretty pale, bro. Otherwise you'd know. When you hit the tanning beds as much as Nagoshi, it's moisturize or die. When you're ready to go to that next level, you'll have the 64 oz pump bottle by your side morning, noon, and night. So what do you say. You ready to glow?

Regarding the videos, at first I thought the eye tracking stuff was just for dramatic effect... a dramatization of some kind of research gauging people's excitement playing games. But especially in the third video they focus on it so much. Maybe Sega's thinking about using it as a control interface.

Offline Tad

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 11:28:36 pm »
Wouldn't say I'm pale, but not a fan of tanning beds. They're quite dangerous and over using them makes you look like you're related to a orange. Think it looks quite silly really.

I can't see how they'd actually use eye controls. Your eyes dart around quite fast and I can see it being a nightmare.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:43:54 pm »
Guessing you're pretty pale, bro. Otherwise you'd know. When you hit the tanning beds as much as Nagoshi, it's moisturize or die. When you're ready to go to that next level, you'll have the 64 oz pump bottle by your side morning, noon, and night. So what do you say. You ready to glow?

LMAO

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 02:13:21 am »
Load of hotair. In most gamers 'eyes's'  SEGA is irrelevant. I'm getting sick of all this talk of a rebirth from SEGA, when I've heard it from SEGASammy before. SEGA Japan needs to up its game, not with talk or fancy logo's but with theirIn-House studios actually producing the goods on the consoles and we're  nearly 4 years in to this gen and the only SEGA highlight is Yakuza 6.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2017, 05:26:55 am »
They are looking at it mind. They've already said they're looking to revive old IP's and if the rumours are true, we should be seeing Shenmue 1 and 2 soon.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 06:16:13 am »
They are looking at it mind. They've already said they're looking to revive old IP's and if the rumours are true, we should be seeing Shenmue 1 and 2 soon.

I remember a roadmap to 2012, nothing really happened. Are the SEGA In-House studios up to making sequels to the likes of Panzer or Skies, or it is it going to be more outsourced stuff, which in the end pleases no one and uspets the fans.
If you're going to the sequel to fan fav IP then you better have your top teams on them and with a good AAA budget to match. I hate the thought of Pazner Dragoon being reduced to cheat nasty outsourced sequel.

I hope and want it to be True, but so far the Sammy Model is fancy talk and logo's while reducing budgets and having so little faith in your own In-House studios that most of it is outsourced , while SOJ work on mobile
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2017, 09:07:15 am »
I remember a roadmap to 2012, nothing really happened. Are the SEGA In-House studios up to making sequels to the likes of Panzer or Skies, or it is it going to be more outsourced stuff, which in the end pleases no one and uspets the fans.
If you're going to the sequel to fan fav IP then you better have your top teams on them and with a good AAA budget to match. I hate the thought of Pazner Dragoon being reduced to cheat nasty outsourced sequel.

I hope and want it to be True, but so far the Sammy Model is fancy talk and logo's while reducing budgets and having so little faith in your own In-House studios that most of it is outsourced , while SOJ work on mobile

The strategy this time lines up more with 2005-2010, from 2010 onwards they wanted wanted mobile to be the moneymaker mostly.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 10:45:10 am »
The strategy this time lines up more with 2005-2010, from 2010 onwards they wanted wanted mobile to be the moneymaker mostly.

Can't see Sammy changing too much. Think it will still be mostly low cost and low-risk productions, bar the likes of Sonic.  So want the SEGA i knew and loved to return in part, still want and push so hard for the Corp to do well and show the world how good I know SEGA Japan could be .  But 4 years into this gen and the only true SEGA Japan highlight on the current gen consoles is Yakuza 6 (the rest have been nothing more than PS3 ports) and the fab Alien Isolation from Europe. To me that's simply not good enough and hardly any better than Konami

Ok Atlus will help out, but how many other than Saturn die hards actually had time from Atlus before SEGA bought them out on here Can't remember many here talking Atlus up before SEGA got them

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Tad

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 03:17:43 pm »
I'm actually okay with Sega making budget titles if that is the case. There's been many great budget titles in the last few years and if anything, the majority of them have put the big games to shame. It's just a case of getting the development right.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 05:10:51 pm »
I am actually okay with how Sega was after Sammy buyout (before 2012), bar low quality Sonic games. If Sonic games are good and the rest is good, I feel it is okay

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 07:58:38 am »
I am actually okay with how Sega was after Sammy buyout (before 2012), bar low quality Sonic games.
Except most games Sega was putting out were shit.
SEG4GES

Offline Trippled

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 12:25:05 pm »
Except most games Sega was putting out were shit.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Astro Boy 2004, Marvel games, NiGHTS 2 (its just okay imo), PSU - anything else?

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 05:38:44 pm »
Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Astro Boy 2004, Marvel games, NiGHTS 2 (its just okay imo), PSU - anything else?

Astro Boy on GBA was AWESOME though.  Also I gotta be honest, I don't completely hate Beast Rider.  I do play PSU from time to time on PS2, but I never got around to finishing it.  Neither PSU or Beast Rider are that good compared to the games that came before in those series, but I've played worse.  o3o
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 05:42:04 pm by Shun-Di »
Be like water.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 02:22:28 am »

Isn't that bad enough let's also look at some of the low points since Sammy took over SEGA where SEGA games either poor or in most cases disappointing to add to that list

Altered Beast, Sega Rally 2006, Dramatic Dungeon Sakura Taisen, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz, Valkyria and so it goes on.

It's not that they're all really bad games, its not that SEGA Japan doesn't make the odd fab game, its more its all  so average and so boring. Where is the creative, energetic SEGA Japan for the mid-1990's, that even was on display for the PS2 , Cubeand Xbox where is the that world class tech gone from Japan. It's all so safe, all so boring and that reflecting on this board ..
Hardly any new Threads on the latest SEGA wonder game, even the banner headlines on this site needs to list games and news not directly related to SEGA Projects

SEGA isn't making Shenmue III (which is shaming), got no hand in Wonderboy, Nothing to do with REZ VR  and so on . It be nice to see a real next gen SEGA Japan game, the last I saw of that was Binary Domain . Its been a long time and since then we've have Canvas Tech and the Team go to waste and their series outsourced, PSO Online  left to Japan only and endless yearly sequel to Yakuza with basic improvements to gameplay and tech. Seen new fancy logos from Sammy before (with had one with one of the Yakuza games) heard all about a roadmap before too even Joe used to talk of it way back in the SEGA nerds days . To me all we get is a new Yakuza game, and more outsourcing, while the teams work on Mobile and I, wouldn't say too much, but for all the talk of SEGA doing so great on Mobile.. Square, konami and even Namco do better on Mobile and Namco

Namco about to bring out Tekken 7, we haven't got VF 6 yet and I think I'm right in saying Tekken does better business now in the Arcades that VF . Thanks for nothing Sammy .

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is