Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 56008 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: So anyone even care about the next thing from Nintendo? (NX)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 11:55:19 am »
Hell if they rode it out like Nintendo did with the Wii U and put out some wicked mad games, I am sure it could have competed more efficiently with PS2.
Maybe. But Sega was depleted of cash.
Lets not forget Nintendo handheld consoles are very very good, and sell millions. They can allow themselves to fail in the home console market. Sega could not.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 02:05:58 pm »
The last Nintendo console I really liked was the Gamecube... I own a Wii, my friend gave it to me free about a year after he bought it. It has a few good games but all in all, I don't dust it off often. I absolutely hate motion controls.

I'm not going to buy the Wii U, obviously... It's dead in the water not nearly enough games to attract me to it.

The NX? I doubt it will be more powerful than the other current consoles on the market and it'll be what? 3 or 4 years behind? At this point why would I bother? ESPECIALLY  now that Nintendo have had a whiff of the money to be made on those god awful cheap plastic, Happy Meal looking Amiibo things... Am I going to be locked out of on disc content because I'm 28 and don't buy toys anymore? Am I fuck Nintendo! Am I fuck.
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 05:13:34 pm »
I'm actually a bit concerned with the direction they'll now go under the new president. Nintendo before had their faults, but they knew how to hold a brand and make it last a ridiculously long time. With the Wii u flopping, they started using those brands on McDonald's toys, Amiibo's, iphone games etc for instant profit. If the new president doesn't understand that over saturation of a brand can kill it and goes for the easy buck, it could make things worse for Nintendo.

Offline MercenaryOne

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2015, 05:58:02 pm »
If the new president doesn't understand that over saturation of a brand can kill it and goes for the easy buck, it could make things worse for Nintendo.

So basically Mario turns into Sonic.

I wish Sega and Nintendo realized that retro games are making a comeback, especially HD remakes. I recently booted up my SegaCD with Shining Force CD. If a new one came out, it would be the first game I would pay full price for since possibly 2008 when I got into digital distribution on Impulse. My friends even make fun of me for waiting 6mo+ to play a game because I won't pay more than $20 for anything.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2015, 06:45:33 pm »
My friends even make fun of me for waiting 6mo+ to play a game because I won't pay more than $20 for anything.
Are you me.

Nintendo should dedicate to handhelds
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »
I've waited nearly 9 years for some Wii and DS games to drop in price... Mario 64 DS new was like $30 for the longest time, I finally had to hunt around on ebay for a used copy.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2015, 01:58:32 pm »
I'm actually a bit concerned with the direction they'll now go under the new president. Nintendo before had their faults, but they knew how to hold a brand and make it last a ridiculously long time. With the Wii u flopping, they started using those brands on McDonald's toys, Amiibo's, iphone games etc for instant profit. If the new president doesn't understand that over saturation of a brand can kill it and goes for the easy buck, it could make things worse for Nintendo.

Nintendo has stated that they will not be altering any of the business decisions that were made under Iwata. Kimishima seems to be more of an interim, filling a spot for someone younger to come along and take the helm.

Kimishima is a business man, he's worked long years for a bank and even ran NoA at one point. Believe me, the guy knows what he's doing regardless of what Iwata had set in stone before him. He's got more experience working with the US Market than anyone at Nintendo, if anything, this is a good thing for a Company that has been struggling as much as they are.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 08:02:09 pm »
Michael Pachter seems to be saying that the NX could already be doomed

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/pachter-nintendo-nx-is-doomed-without-third-party-backing/0159178

... without 3rd party. To me that sounds like it will already be doomed out of the box perhaps. I kind of agree with pachter here.

Offline Tad

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 12:22:21 am »
That's always Nintendo's problem it seems. They really need to stop ignoring the needs of developers.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2016, 11:37:39 am »
I saw this very interesting bit at neogaf

http://www.sankei.com/west/news/1601...030012-n1.html

That's an interview (or rather a summary of one) with the Nintendo president.

He doesn't really mention many new stuff, Splatoon is doing well, amiibo is doing well, mobile game coming in March, 5 in development and My Nintendo stuff.

He does however, briefly talk about NX on how he wants to offer "A new way to play" and how the experience is meant to be different from what 3DS and Wii U are offering right now.

Now really all that interesting to make a thread about, but worth sharing.

It almost sounds like it may neither be a replacement for the 3DS or WII U. Them being so vague I just dont know what to think. You'd think it'd be a handheld before a console tho. Since when has nintendo replacde a console before replacing their handheld?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:22:53 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »
They can't really support both and they merged their console/handheld studios into one about a year ago now. I'd be surprised if they don't make something completely different now and like rumoured, a device that acts as both or at least is easy to port from one to the other. Perhaps they're simply working on a programming library/framework...

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 02:35:18 pm »
I agree. Imagine if they had to do that with even better hardware and even more required work. The 3DS and WII U is already too much for them. Some people are not only speculating about a hybrid, but they're expecting a hybrid with specs that are better than the wiiu. Maybe closer to an xbox one? But that sounds really expensive.

I have a feeling nintendo is cornered in this. They will HAVE to go in the direction of better hardware if they want easy access to ports. It is what most people are claiming to be a necessity for its succes. But who's gonna care at this point? It also goes against many things imo. For example what about their most succesful handheld branche? Maybe possibly the console will be able to play the hendheld games with slight improvements. But what about the handheld then? You cant go the other way. And nintendo's always designed console and handheld games differently. So you're able to play pokemon and other games on your TV then. Will that be the selling point? Also what about backwards compatibility if they're gonna change architecture. From gamecube through the wii u they've used similar architecture. For those who dont know, if you hack the WII U's BC wii menu, you can play gamecube games effortlesly from a hardware level, not emulation.

Its either these things or them just stubbornly going their own way again..

For some reason I think  the NX may be a handheld thats gonna be able to handle wii u performance on a smaller resolution with a smaller formfactor. Sharing the wii u's architecture so games like zelda, of which people are speculating to come on NX, could be its launch title. I dunno man. Even what im saying now doesnt make sense.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:02:00 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 04:57:31 pm »
Hmm...interesting. I knew the Wii was practically just a repackaged GC, but not the Wii u. That's pretty silly if so. Technology has come on in heaps since those days. It'll be cost effective, but not a smart move overall as we've seen.

If the speculation of a one device is true, it's a very different position for Nintendo to be in. When it comes to hardware, they're usually quite happy to use cheaper components in order to make a profit. There's nothing wrong with that of course, but a one device system for both would require an awful lot more work from them. I'm no engineer, but I can see how they could pull it off though. I just can't see Nintendo doing it.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2016, 12:06:25 pm »
My Bayonetta 2 player is the last Nintendo console I'll ever buy.

If Sega can be firm and consistent in porting their library to PC, it will be the last console of any kind I'll ever buy. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2016, 02:06:13 pm »
I was cautiously optimistic about the Wii U, and ended up buying one about 2 years and 2 months ago. Overall, it hasn't really done much for me. I mean, I do use it for Hulu, Netflix, and streaming videos from my computer via Plex on the browser. But I could easily do all of this and more with Apple TV. So in terms of the actual Wii U, I rarely engage in Miiverse. Game-wise I played a bit of the Zelda remake/rerelease but grew tired of it. Mario 3D World was excellent, as was/is Bayonetta 2 (I'm still playing it). Mario Maker is fun, though i hate the timed unlocks. SEGA-wise, Sonic Lost World is good but not a game I return to often and I have no interest in the Olympics games or Rise of Lyric. I was never able to get into Wonderful 101, it's a great looking game but I grew tired of it. SMB Wii U was a freebie from Nintendo rewards and I hardly played that as well.

So 2 years 2 months later and I mainly use it for watching videos, and have only really enjoyed around 5 or so games on it.