Author Topic: Football Thread: Brought back popular demand!  (Read 58951 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: Football Thread: Brought back popular demand!
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 12:01:07 pm »
Ugh, I don't want Liverpool winning it, but I guess that's what happens when all 3 of the "top 4" are focusing solely on each other.

Happy with the Arsenal result, it means that both teams will work harder in the remaining games. Surely, it means that Arsenal will win their first trophy in almost a decade?

Kind of sad yet ironic to see that between Arsenal's last Trophy win (FA Cup), the likes of Liverpool, Swansea, Birmingham, Wigan, City, Tottenham and Portsmouth have won something.

Still, doubt anyone can match Arsenal's 2004 "Invincible" record.

If Arsenal don't win Wigan, I wouldn't doubt Wigan winning it (FA Cup) again.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 10:32:19 am »
Liverpool is outstanding in this season.
Let's see if the reds will hold their best players for the CL's next season. They can't get rid of any MF/FW player.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2014, 09:36:11 am »
Liverpool's got in their hands now.

Arsenal SHOULD win Hull in the FA Cup, but I recall when they lost to Birmingham City in the last Final. I wonder how Aki-At feels about this...

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 10:00:46 am »
Arsenal SHOULD win Hull in the FA Cup, but I recall when they lost to Birmingham City in the last Final. I wonder how Aki-At feels about this...

Shitting bricks.

But hey, Ramsey and Ozil's got this, right? RIGHT?!

(Half expecting Wenger to leave at the end of the season too, the Professor will be missed :( )

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2014, 05:30:32 am »
Barcelona's transfer ban has been put on hold for now. Liverpool promising to buy big and Manchester United are going to try hard to ensure their new man gets the players he wants.

Add Real Madrid, Manchester City, Arsenal, PSG and Chelsea, we could be seeing the busiest transfer window ever... Surely we have to see some nasty ramification sooner rather than later?

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 06:13:36 am »
Shitting bricks.

But hey, Ramsey and Ozil's got this, right? RIGHT?!

(Half expecting Wenger to leave at the end of the season too, the Professor will be missed :( )

Barcelona's transfer ban has been put on hold for now. Liverpool promising to buy big and Manchester United are going to try hard to ensure their new man gets the players he wants.

Add Real Madrid, Manchester City, Arsenal, PSG and Chelsea, we could be seeing the busiest transfer window ever... Surely we have to see some nasty ramification sooner rather than later?

Depends who's injured at the end of the season. I personally felt that Hull didn't try against Arsenal as they were thinking about the Cup game...and possibly to see who gets played in the Final.

I honestly think Arsenal will win it by the skin of their teeth ala the Wigan game (penalties, Arsenal win by 5 to 4 on Penalities).

Arsene's Legacy will at least ensure that he did a great job for Arsenal. I wonder who will fill his shoes? Gus Hiddick (?) seems like a good choice for Arsenal. I'd definitely have him as someone who could turn Arsenal's fortunes around.

WHAT!?! That's fucking bullshit! Typical UEFA bias...I swear if it were any of our teams...they'd stick with it. Barcelona have done something wrong, and they should pay the price!

Regarding Liverpool, even if they do win the League, I don't think they'd buy that many big players (they are likely to bargain hunt for the players who will play for the club and not for the money), City shouldn't need to spend much again, but given our defence....I think that needs strengthening. United are shitting themselves due to the loss of shares and position in the league...I don't think they can afford to spend big and not retain their position in the Top 4 I think. Not to say that they won't, but these times are crucial for United...Arsenal on the other hand have the money to spend, we just need to wait and see on Wenger's position.

Regarding Chelsea, they probably are going to spend the most this year, since their stars are getting old (except the ones Di Matteo brought in), so Torres, Terry (good ridddance), Lampard, Eto'o, Demba Ba etc will be gone.

No clue on PSG's position in players, I am guessing they will because they can (like City), although I guess they need some improvements to further themselves in the French League and Champions League.

Now, my gut instinct says that Pelligrini may get the sack. I don't know why...but he hasn't really resonated with the fans yet, but the players love him, so I can't honestly say...but despite Mancini's arguments with the players, the fans loved his passion, and it was a shame to lose him. Peligrini definitely brings stability to the players, but I haven't felt like the players have been as consistent this season (well...I could say that under Mancini too, but we never let many goals in), like we score loads of goals, sure...but we let in a lot too, which I see as the biggest problem in a Title Charge.

Anyway, I hope Arsenal win the FA Cup at least. It'd be nice to see them win after a nearly 10 year absence in winning anything. It'd also be nice farewell to Wenger.

Offline fernandeath

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2014, 03:10:03 pm »
Chelsea's  offensive power is quite effective. THey probably had 2 opportunities and scored 2 goals.
Unfortunatelly they have little chance of winning the BPL

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2014, 05:22:23 pm »
Depends who's injured at the end of the season. I personally felt that Hull didn't try against Arsenal as they were thinking about the Cup game...and possibly to see who gets played in the Final.

I honestly think Arsenal will win it by the skin of their teeth ala the Wigan game (penalties, Arsenal win by 5 to 4 on Penalities).

On paper you'd have to say these groups of players can win it, but same should have been true of vs Birmingham so I'm firmly keeping my mouth shut on what happens in the final.

Arsene's Legacy will at least ensure that he did a great job for Arsenal. I wonder who will fill his shoes? Gus Hiddick (?) seems like a good choice for Arsenal. I'd definitely have him as someone who could turn Arsenal's fortunes around.

Pep Guardiola of course! ... Not likely but I can dream can't I? :(

(Of course Pep will probably come to the Premier League sooner rather than later if only to continue to traumatise Mourinho.)

Now, my gut instinct says that Pelligrini may get the sack. I don't know why...but he hasn't really resonated with the fans yet, but the players love him, so I can't honestly say...but despite Mancini's arguments with the players, the fans loved his passion, and it was a shame to lose him. Peligrini definitely brings stability to the players, but I haven't felt like the players have been as consistent this season (well...I could say that under Mancini too, but we never let many goals in), like we score loads of goals, sure...but we let in a lot too, which I see as the biggest problem in a Title Charge.

Anyway, I hope Arsenal win the FA Cup at least. It'd be nice to see them win after a nearly 10 year absence in winning anything. It'd also be nice farewell to Wenger.

Well after today's series of events I am firmly behind Manchester City to win the league and hope you guys can stick at it. I just cannot bear to see Liverpool get it considering how smug their fans will become and Chelsea are just too classless and cuntish bunch for me to ever hope them to win.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2014, 05:59:27 am »
On paper you'd have to say these groups of players can win it, but same should have been true of vs Birmingham so I'm firmly keeping my mouth shut on what happens in the final.

Indeed. Arsenal certainly have the better squad of the two, but given that even City lost a final to the likes of Wigan. I'd say it could go either way.

Pep Guardiola of course! ... Not likely but I can dream can't I? :(

(Of course Pep will probably come to the Premier League sooner rather than later if only to continue to traumatise Mourinho.)

I'm unsure he'd go to Arsenal. As my brother believes he seems to move to clubs that are already winning trophies (Barcelona to Bayern), but I guess he'd go for the sake of becoming the hero if he wins trophies for arsenal.

Well after today's series of events I am firmly behind Manchester City to win the league and hope you guys can stick at it. I just cannot bear to see Liverpool get it considering how smug their fans will become and Chelsea are just too classless and cuntish bunch for me to ever hope them to win.

Thanks for your backing. Although it could go either way.

Personally...I wouldn't mind Liverpool winning it as it's 25 years since the Hillsborough Disaster (it could be destiny). If it were any other year I would definitely agree with you that the fans are pretty smug and go on and on about their old glories.

Chelsea...I hope they don't win it...but given that if City and Liverpool slip and Chelsea don't. They are still in the running despite Mourinho's "We're out" motto.

I watched both matches on Sunday and was sort of happy that Chelsea won, as it meant that City are in the Title Race again...but I was also disappointed as it meant that I had to support a Team I hate to get City in the running.

If we win on Goal Difference again, we'll never live it down with the United fans who will claim we can't win "legitly" (ie: Points). I honestly don't care how we win it, but it'll certainly give City fans grief for spending big and achieving the Title by luck.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2014, 04:11:15 pm »

A brilliant day for all decent human beings.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2014, 05:58:20 am »
Happy to see John Terry not make a Final for another year!

Seems that City could NOT be in the Champions League in a few years due to the Financial Fair Play rule.

Now, I don't mind if City aren't in it due to the unfair way of spending into the Competition, but I know UEFA will let the likes of Real Madrid, Paris St Germain, etc will get away with it as they're not "English". Chelsea will likely suffer too. Who can forget Liverpool getting the whole English Teams banned in the 80s? I can't exactly blame Liverpool for that disaster, but UEFA claimed it was Liverpool fans and not the other team's fans, and assumed we're all like that...so yeah.

I am VERY excited for the Everton game! Even if we don't win, at least we can say that we tried.

If we don't try, then I will be disappointed.

Offline fernandeath

« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2014, 08:53:16 am »
Are you guys ready to see who's going to be the new champion of BPL ?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2014, 05:40:44 pm »
Liverpool dropped the ball really hard this season. Ever since Arsenal left 1st place I said Man City would win it. Chelsea never had nothing going for the title, and Liverpool is just too damn inconsistent.

It's been like football Game of Thrones this season
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2014, 07:12:58 am »
Are you guys ready to see who's going to be the new champion of BPL ?

As a City fan, I leave NOTHING to chance, given 2 years ago. It all comes down to whether Joe Hart has an off day or not. That says a lot about my confidence in the team, lol.

If we lose, I can't see Liverpool slipping up again personally.

I think City will win it, but I am guessing it will be a very close scoreline (3-2).

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2014, 07:16:56 am »
The Spanish league will be set for an exciting conclusion if both Barcelona and Atletico win their games and then face each other the following weak. Barcelona win and they win the league, Madrid vice versa.