Author Topic: Why Christianity is dying in the U.S.  (Read 46082 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Why Christianity is dying in the U.S.
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2013, 07:03:25 am »
I'm I the only one that gets a bit upset when I think about white Jesus? About how so blatantly offensive white washing him is? Like, its disrespectful and I'm surprised that no one cares.
He might have been white or black, most likely chocolate milk color.. But I don't really see what's so offensive, it's what he teached that matters not what he looked like.
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:42 pm »
Then if it doesn't matter what he looked like, why not depict him the way he actually would have looked like? Oh, thats right, its easier to sell a religion with a white face.

AH, one of those terrorist!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2013, 09:25:09 pm »
Yeah, that's pretty much how I imagine him to be.. Exept for the nose, because I'm more used to mediterranean faces.

I know catholic church depicts him as some pure white saint, but that's not what all religions do. Most people that use their brain would guess that being born in the middle east he'd look more kebab.
SEG4GES

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:14 pm »
What He looked like would be impossible to tell. It's not like someone has ever found His actual body. That's why so many people are still Christians. He is nowhere to be found because He is not on earth. He is in heaven, since He rose from the dead.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2013, 08:43:00 pm »
Wasn't his look inspired by Alexander the Great in a lot of depictions?

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2013, 01:02:19 am »
Nameless24:

No. The human eye and the human ear is an excellent example of what to look at, if you want to believe in God. Look at a chart of the inside of both. It's too complex to be created by evolving. Read Proverbs 20:12.

....so, are you just going to ignore my whole post detailing all of the vestigial parts all over your body that stem from your hairier, more ape like ancestors?

The ear actually also has vestigial traits: the ear has useless muscles that are completely incapable of moving the ear. These muscles serve no purpose, and yet they are there, allowing some people to move there ears slightly. In our ancient ancestors as well as modern monkeys, these muscles are fully developed and capable of moving their ears in multiple directions to pinpoint sounds. 10% of the human population also has another vestigial trait on their ears called Dawin's tubercle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin%27s_tubercle

If humans were "created", wouldn't these useless traits and features simply not exist? Answer me that.

What He looked like would be impossible to tell. It's not like someone has ever found His actual body. That's why so many people are still Christians. He is nowhere to be found because He is not on earth. He is in heaven, since He rose from the dead.

...could be that. Or it could be that he's decomposed into unrecognizable human remains just like all the other billions of people who've died over the course of human existence and weren't mummified or otherwise preserved.

I mean, the dude was a carpenter and a prophet, not a pharaoh or wealthy noble. It's unlikely any pains were taken to preserve his body, let alone actual label the body. The lack of proof is not proof.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 01:07:19 am by nuckles87 »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2013, 06:14:41 am »
I mean, the dude was a carpenter and a prophet, not a pharaoh or wealthy noble. It's unlikely any pains were taken to preserve his body, let alone actual label the body. The lack of proof is not proof.
Dude, I know your opinion is different, but look up the story behind Jesus's death/burial/resurrection lol

As for the rest, wouldn't it be just as possible that humans were created with traits like the hability to move your ears to pinpoint sounds and just lost them over time due to environmental causes?

Human evolution is a spotty theory at best.. Very hard to debate.
SEG4GES

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #97 on: August 12, 2013, 07:48:06 am »
I'm I the only one that gets a bit upset when I think about white Jesus? About how so blatantly offensive white washing him is? Like, its disrespectful and I'm surprised that no one cares.

I think that's because it offends Christians to think of Jesus as black or at least olive skinned.

Regarding Jesus remains...isn't it funny how his tales came out only AFTER he had passed away? You'd want to preserve a sort of celebrity if you wanted to know what his features were like.

Paintings and the like weren't created until the early 10th century or thereabouts (I don't know the exact period), but even then, that is a thousand years too late.

Here's evolution for ya! We're all half a banana! (DNA wise that is)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:51:12 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2013, 08:49:09 am »
^What was the burning of rome and nearly all christian related things (including christians).
The bible books related to his preachings were written shortly after them (he preached just for 3 years).
SEG4GES

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2013, 09:38:25 am »
Here's evolution for ya! We're all half a banana! (DNA wise that is)

This is our future!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2013, 09:59:35 am »
FC Porto bananas.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2013, 10:06:28 am »
Regarding the banana DNA fact, it is something that needs to be expanded upon and explained so that those like pcm don't misinterpret it and think "50%? That means we evolved from bananas, right? Welp! Evolution is untrue!".

This thread at snopes:
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=51513

As well as this article from Scientific American:
www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=find-the-dna-in-a-banana-bring-science-home

provide a better understanding of what the 50% match means. Essentially, any two randomized DNA sequences will have 25% match. A 50% match is not specific to bananas either, it's just that bananas are such a funny fruit that it is an entertaining "pop trivia" factoid.

Scientific America says:
What do you have in common with a banana? Even though we might not look alike, all living things—bananas and people included—are made up of the same basic material.

Just like houses are made up of smaller units such as bricks, all living things are made up trillions of microscopic building blocks called cells. Within an organism, each cell contains a complete set of "blueprints". These directions determine the organism's characteristics.

Other DNA percentages include:

Cat: 90%
Cow: 80%
Mouse: 75%
Fruit Fly: 60%

Things begin to get REALLY similar when we reach chimps, which has that staggeringly high 98% similarity. Human compared to human is 99% and identical twins are 100%.

In any case, comparing and contrasting DNA sequencing is fascinating and I suggest people learn more about it and not just hang on simple factoids for arguments (not saying Nameless or crackdude are, I'm speaking about pcm).

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2013, 02:45:01 pm »
Regarding the banana DNA fact, it is something that needs to be expanded upon and explained so that those like pcm don't misinterpret it and think "50%? That means we evolved from bananas, right? Welp! Evolution is untrue!".

This thread at snopes:
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=51513

As well as this article from Scientific American:
www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=find-the-dna-in-a-banana-bring-science-home

provide a better understanding of what the 50% match means. Essentially, any two randomized DNA sequences will have 25% match. A 50% match is not specific to bananas either, it's just that bananas are such a funny fruit that it is an entertaining "pop trivia" factoid.

Scientific America says:
Other DNA percentages include:

Cat: 90%
Cow: 80%
Mouse: 75%
Fruit Fly: 60%

Things begin to get R EALLY similar when we reach chimps, which has that staggeringly high 98% similarity. Human compared to human is 99% and identical twins are 100%.

In any case, comparing and contrasting DNA sequencing is fascinating and I suggest people learn more about it and not just hang on simple factoids for arguments (not saying Nameless or crackdude are, I'm speaking about pcm).

The Internet can tell you many different lies. The only way you can prove anything is if you have evidence.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2013, 05:41:41 pm »
The Devil put Bananas on earth to trick us into believing evolution.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2013, 05:54:18 pm »
Guys, guys, I just figured it all out!

We didn't came from monkeys. The monkeys came FROM US.
SEG4GES