Author Topic: Sega toys  (Read 4553 times)

Offline ribbitking17

• Total Meseta: 0
Sega toys
« on: August 26, 2015, 07:42:30 pm »
Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've been on here. Anyway...

Im looking for SEGA figurines or toys. Specifically genesis era like Ristar, vectorman, or chakan. Non Sega characters that were on the genesis are good to. Im mainly looking for 16-bit but other era Sega characters like Fantasy Zone , Nights, or Space Channel 5 would be cool to.

Sonic is easy to come by but Im having trouble finding many others, I had found an Earth Worm jim Psycrow. Did toys often get made for other games? Or dose anyone know of any fan sites where they make new ones?

Thanks for the help

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Sega toys
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 12:04:17 am »
LLong ass time no see... As for figures I don't know much but a whole load were announced recently at some anime figure festival. I believe Jet Set Radio, Phantasy Star Online and Virtual On were among them.
Made by SEGA

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 12:28:57 am »
LLong ass time no see... As for figures I don't know much but a whole load were announced recently at some anime figure festival. I believe Jet Set Radio, Phantasy Star Online and Virtual On were among them.

I believe you're referring to Wonfes 2015.

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3705.0

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 05:14:51 am »
LLong ass time no see...

Hi Sharky. No kidding right. I don't know why I dropped off so incredibly hard, but here I am now. Tada!

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:21:27 am »
I took all of my games out of a dresser drawer for the first time in my life and put them in a cabinet with a window on it so I can see them now. The top shelf isn't full and I can't resist the urge to try to fill it. I put a earthworm Jim toy and a tiny sonic plush on it. I've never messed with action figures before so I have no clue what is out there.

It makes me glad to see things are still going strong here.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 09:15:36 am »
Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've been on here. Anyway...

Im looking for SEGA figurines or toys. Specifically genesis era like Ristar, vectorman, or chakan. Non Sega characters that were on the genesis are good to. Im mainly looking for 16-bit but other era Sega characters like Fantasy Zone , Nights, or Space Channel 5 would be cool to.

Sonic is easy to come by but Im having trouble finding many others, I had found an Earth Worm jim Psycrow. Did toys often get made for other games? Or dose anyone know of any fan sites where they make new ones?

Thanks for the help

You're likely not to find Ristar, Vectorman, or Chakan. I have never sen official toys of them. There was a SEGA PC collection kids meal from Jack in the Box in 1999 that featured Bug! and Ecco, these are the only figures I know of from these franchises: http://sega-memories.blogspot.com/2010/08/its-sega-pc-kids-meal.html

Fantasy Zone has an Opa Opa capsule toy as part of a Japanese Shmups collection from a while back. NiGHTS, to my knowledge, only has plush toys which are very rare and a little NiGHTS vinyl from when the sequel released as a pre-order bonus: http://www.nightsintodreams.com/NiD/violet/journey/preordergift.jpg

Space Channel 5, as well as House of the Dead, Crazy Taxi, and JSRF, had action figures released in the early 2000s. These vary in price, you may get lucky on ebay.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 09:35:51 am »
There's also a "Sega Gals" series of gachapon that includes Tyris Flare, Asha (or whatever the official Western name for her is) from Monster World V, and probably some other 16-bit ladies.

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 11:31:09 am »
Thanks guys! I ordered the Monster World and Puyo Puyo figures from the SEGA gals collection. I want the Phanasty Star 2 girl as well but Im going to wait for now. Im also keeping an eye out for that Ecco Jack in the Box toy.

Besides that I ordered a small Cool Spot figure and there are some really nice Toejam and Earl figures on the kickstarter page for the new game but they are to expensive for me.