Author Topic: Persona 5 delayed to summer 2016, new trailer released  (Read 8825 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Persona 5 delayed to summer 2016, new trailer released
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2015, 02:04:38 pm »
Yet NIS America had to handle Persona Q and Persona 4 Dancing All Night here :V

One I'll give you, the second one is on a dead platform.

I don't see Persona 5 being skipped due to the size of the mainline games. The only issue is if SEGA can license it for the rest of Europe, since they only hand distribution in the UK.

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2015, 02:56:26 pm »
SEGA has been kinda bad when it comes to bringing Atlus games to Europe. So far they've only brought Persona 4 Arena Ultimax here, the rest of Atlus' games since SEGA's acquisition have mainly been published in Europe by NIS America or digital only by Atlus themselves.

I can imagine Persona 5 getting better treatment though.
Actually, that has been a problem for a quite a long time. Even before the SEGA acquirement Atlus titles struggled in PAL regions, due to the fact there isn't an "Atlus of Europe" to speak of. That's why in PAL regions other publishers handle distribution for some games, like for example Nintendo with Trauma Center or miscellaneous companies (SEGA, Square Enix, Koei, etc.) with Megami Tensei titles.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:02:23 pm by FlareHabanero »

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2015, 04:35:51 pm »
Actually, that has been a problem for a quite a long time. Even before the SEGA acquirement Atlus titles struggled in PAL regions, due to the fact there isn't an "Atlus of Europe" to speak of. That's why in PAL regions other publishers handle distribution for some games, like for example Nintendo with Trauma Center or miscellaneous companies (SEGA, Square Enix, Koei, etc.) with Megami Tensei titles.
I know, I'm saying that it continued to be a problem even after SEGA acquired the company.