Author Topic: Last thing you spent money on  (Read 416416 times)

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
Re: Last thing you spent money on
« Reply #1110 on: August 17, 2012, 04:37:34 pm »
Just preordered Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Bonus Edition on Amazon!  :D
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1111 on: August 17, 2012, 04:58:22 pm »
@CosmicCastaway:

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

play this first!  It's amazing. 

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1112 on: August 17, 2012, 05:08:12 pm »
play this first!  It's amazing.

Thanks for the recommendation! I'll be sure to check it out! Been looking for another Wii RPG to play!

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 05:09:50 pm by CosmicCastaway »
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1113 on: August 17, 2012, 05:11:03 pm »
@Radrappy:
I'll definitely get to it before the end of this year.  I'm about a quarter of the way through FFVIII, and Last Story's right after that.
I'm really looking forward to it though. It was a huge pain to get ahold of the PS2 version when it first came out here :(.

Did you play through it with the English, or Japanese voices?

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #1114 on: August 17, 2012, 05:34:56 pm »
@Radrappy:
I'll definitely get to it before the end of this year.  I'm about a quarter of the way through FFVIII, and Last Story's right after that.
I'm really looking forward to it though. It was a huge pain to get ahold of the PS2 version when it first came out here :(.

Did you play through it with the English, or Japanese voices?

I played through with the original Jp voices.  The english dub sounded completely acceptable but I decided I'd rather not put up with Gemini's southern drawl.  Plus since the musicals are such a big part of the franchise's heritage it felt only right. 

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1115 on: August 17, 2012, 06:03:25 pm »
Fair enough. I'm still not too sure which way I'll go. I enjoyed playing the Yakuza games with the Japanese voices, but doesn't Sakura Wars V take place in the U.S.?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1116 on: August 20, 2012, 09:13:57 am »
Picked up a 3DS XL on release day! I tried to find the best deal, Kmart was offering $20 game credit, but it couldn't be redeemed until next week. :P Kmart has shit inventory too, and their prices aren't so hot. Toys R Us offered a free headset thing, like I'd be caught wearing a doofy headset in public. So I went with Best Buy which offered a free hard case, which I was going to buy anyway. Then I hit Gamestop for Crush 3D.

I might head out today to get one or two more games. Probably SEGA titles and maaaaaybe a Mario game. But I don't plan to spend much.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1117 on: August 20, 2012, 10:46:42 am »
@Barry:
Congrats man.

I'm thinking that I'll pick one up next month sometime. I returned my regular 3Ds once they announced this new model. Be sure to let us know what you think of it :).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1118 on: August 20, 2012, 10:50:16 am »
I might write up a quick article this week, just a "thoughts on 3DS XL from a SEGA fan perspective".

I'm liking it so far! I never owned the original 3DS, but I did play demo kiosks a lot, and after playing XL I can't go back. the original 3DS is just so damn small! Played the KH3DS demo and loved it, also tried out the Rhythm Thief demo and really enjoyed it. Might get Sonic Generations first. Yeah yeah, it's a 7/10 game and is nowhere near as good as the HD version. But I can't ignore a game with Mushroom Hill. I love that stage.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1119 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:36 pm »
From what I played of Generations on there, it's pretty fun. Shinobi's dropped to a pretty cheap price everywhere too.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1120 on: August 20, 2012, 01:33:14 pm »
Yeah, just got Generations and Elite Beat Agents. The dude at Gamestop was like "we have Generations used" and I was like "fuck that, I want it new so SEGA gets money and I get a freakin game case!"

Elite Beat Agents was just $4 and it was complete in box. Even the Club Nintendo codes were good. Score.

Shinobi is next on my list, Amazon has it for $15 which is an awesome price.

In fact, here is my wish list (copied and pasted from a text doc I made):

3DS
Shinobi
Rhythm Thief
Super Mario 3D Land
NSMB2
Kingdom Hearts 3DS

DS
Sonic Rush
Sonic Rush Adventure
Sonic Colors
Sonic Chronicles
NSMB
Ghost Trick
The World Ends With You
WarioWare DIY

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #1121 on: August 20, 2012, 01:46:39 pm »
999 is quite a game, playing it right now, looking foward to the sequel

oh and barry, you forgot to add all the pokemon games to your wishlist (laughter)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1122 on: August 20, 2012, 02:11:24 pm »
I love Polka Man!

Regarding NSMB2, game itself looks fun but holy shit is it a cash in! So many reused assets! It's basically NSMB Wii remixed. At least Sonic gives all new assets and stage tropes when a new game releases, even if said games are not up to the "Mario Standard" of quality. :P

Also, why is it that a legitimate Mario game with fully 3D graphics (Super Mario 3D Land) costs $40 while a cheaper looking 2D Mario game with reused assets (NSMB2) is the same price??? That's like pricing Sonic 4 Episode 2 iOS the same price as Sonic Generations 3DS. But they didn't, theres like a $30 difference.

NSMB2 should really be a $20 game TOPS.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1123 on: August 20, 2012, 03:18:56 pm »
The DS Castlevania games are pretty great too.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #1124 on: August 20, 2012, 03:41:14 pm »
I love Polka Man!

Regarding NSMB2, game itself looks fun but holy shit is it a cash in! So many reused assets! It's basically NSMB Wii remixed. At least Sonic gives all new assets and stage tropes when a new game releases, even if said games are not up to the "Mario Standard" of quality. :P

Also, why is it that a legitimate Mario game with fully 3D graphics (Super Mario 3D Land) costs $40 while a cheaper looking 2D Mario game with reused assets (NSMB2) is the same price??? That's like pricing Sonic 4 Episode 2 iOS the same price as Sonic Generations 3DS. But they didn't, theres like a $30 difference.

NSMB2 should really be a $20 game TOPS.

nsmb2 should be $15 at most. there is higher quality games on XBLA and PSN

i'd buy nsmb2 at 15 dollars, but nope, not 40, not 30, ;p lol