Author Topic: Last thing you spent money on  (Read 399366 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Last thing you spent money on
« Reply #1335 on: April 09, 2015, 08:32:45 am »
I picked up tickets to a Ring of Honor/New Japan wrestling show in Toronto next month.
I'm really hoping Shinsuke Nakamura shows up.

After seeing his match against Kota Ibushi this year, I'm convinced he's one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

Oh Shit! I was actually going to go to that too! How much were your tickets?

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1336 on: April 09, 2015, 09:35:35 pm »
Oh Shit! I was actually going to go to that too! How much were your tickets?
I got 5th row tickets to the first night in Toronto for $40 each.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #1337 on: April 09, 2015, 09:39:17 pm »
I was at the WWE Raw and Smack Down showing in LA before Wrestlemania. Was gonna go to Wrestlemania 31, but decided against it dude to San Francisco being a 7 hour drive from here.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #1338 on: April 14, 2015, 03:55:22 pm »
I bought bananas. I didn't even mean to. I just went to the store to get my mind off things. I didn't even have enough money for them and had to ask a stranger behind me for a dollar.

I ate four of them in a row.

Offline Jumbomax

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
« Reply #1339 on: April 15, 2015, 02:04:04 pm »
I bought a Japanese Sega Saturn! Whoo!  ;-D

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1340 on: April 15, 2015, 02:25:21 pm »
I bought a Japanese Sega Saturn! Whoo!  ;-D
!!!

What's the first game you'll play on it?

Offline Jumbomax

• Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
« Reply #1341 on: April 17, 2015, 11:54:16 am »
!!!

What's the first game you'll play on it?

I haven't bought any games yet so I'm not sure.
Do you have any suggestions for good games to start with?

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1342 on: April 17, 2015, 12:30:11 pm »
I haven't bought any games yet so I'm not sure.
Do you have any suggestions for good games to start with?

Japan-only you mean? I would say Shining Force III Trilogy, but you also need the english translation patch. If you can figure all that out, then it's one of my favourite games, and probably the best RPGs I've ever played. I just played those on an emulator, thought that was much easier.

For something easier, Xmen vs Street Fighter? Maybe some of the KoF games that didn't get released here (I believe 95 and 97 at least) or Darkstalkers.

Not too familiar with other Japan only games, I always had a PAL machine.

Offline Jumbomax

• Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
« Reply #1343 on: April 18, 2015, 12:54:39 pm »
Japan-only you mean? I would say Shining Force III Trilogy, but you also need the english translation patch. If you can figure all that out, then it's one of my favourite games, and probably the best RPGs I've ever played. I just played those on an emulator, thought that was much easier.

For something easier, Xmen vs Street Fighter? Maybe some of the KoF games that didn't get released here (I believe 95 and 97 at least) or Darkstalkers.

Not too familiar with other Japan only games, I always had a PAL machine.

I meant any games that I can play on a Japanese Saturn, but Thank you for your suggestions. ;-D This is my first time owning a Saturn so I'm not sure what to start with. I decided to get a Japanese Saturn because the Japanese imports of the console and games are surprisingly cheaper than the American versions and I don't mind the games being in Japanese.  ;)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #1344 on: April 18, 2015, 07:13:29 pm »
Got a free Game gear from my bro with 6 games.

Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #1345 on: April 18, 2015, 07:36:58 pm »
Fantasy Zone II for the 3DS. Great game.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #1346 on: April 20, 2015, 10:02:01 am »
I meant any games that I can play on a Japanese Saturn, but Thank you for your suggestions. ;-D This is my first time owning a Saturn so I'm not sure what to start with. I decided to get a Japanese Saturn because the Japanese imports of the console and games are surprisingly cheaper than the American versions and I don't mind the games being in Japanese.  ;)

Oh, any Saturn games at all!? WELL THEN:

Shining Force III - Essential, some of the best games I've ever played

Panzer Dragoon/Zwei - Amazing rail shooters, some of the finest graphics on the system. The art and music in particular are phenomenal.

Sonic Jam - Best compilation disc ever, worth it for Sonic 3D World alone (kind of a proto demo for 3D Sonic). The Mega Drive games on this aren't emulated, they are actually ports!

Fighters Megamix - I'm not saying VF2 or FV because you can get better versions of them now on XBLA/PSN. Fighters Megamix is a great crossover game and a great celebration of AM2's franchises.

Sega Rally Championship - Probably the best racing game on the system.

Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Cop - One of my all time favourite brawlers. Play with a friend and see how far you can get on just 4 credits.

Guardian Heroes - The best the best the best the best the best scrolling fighter ever. Also on XBLA which actually might be easier to play.

2D Fighters - Saturn was the king of 2D fighters, anything SNK and Capcom is usually a safe bet.

There's so many more I could list, but that should do you for now :p Any genres in particular you enjoy?

Offline Jumbomax

• Keep Dreaming...
    • My Deviantart.
« Reply #1347 on: April 21, 2015, 11:53:32 am »
Oh, any Saturn games at all!? WELL THEN:

Shining Force III - Essential, some of the best games I've ever played

Panzer Dragoon/Zwei - Amazing rail shooters, some of the finest graphics on the system. The art and music in particular are phenomenal.

Sonic Jam - Best compilation disc ever, worth it for Sonic 3D World alone (kind of a proto demo for 3D Sonic). The Mega Drive games on this aren't emulated, they are actually ports!

Fighters Megamix - I'm not saying VF2 or FV because you can get better versions of them now on XBLA/PSN. Fighters Megamix is a great crossover game and a great celebration of AM2's franchises.

Sega Rally Championship - Probably the best racing game on the system.

Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Cop - One of my all time favourite brawlers. Play with a friend and see how far you can get on just 4 credits.

Guardian Heroes - The best the best the best the best the best scrolling fighter ever. Also on XBLA which actually might be easier to play.

2D Fighters - Saturn was the king of 2D fighters, anything SNK and Capcom is usually a safe bet.

There's so many more I could list, but that should do you for now :p Any genres in particular you enjoy?

Thank you for all the suggestions! I really appreciate it! ;-D
Hmm... I don't really have any favorite genres. I pretty much enjoy them all! :)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #1348 on: April 24, 2015, 12:16:39 pm »
A pair of glasses i ordered online about two weeks ago arrived today. The risk payed off. They are great. Costed about 120 dollars, beats paying 500 dollars you'd pay getting them locally in a doctors office.

Certainly taking some getting used to though... had to get a new prescription and i was very used to my old one.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 12:19:35 pm by Happy Cat »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #1349 on: April 24, 2015, 09:13:21 pm »
Took the day off and went to the big Chicago convention C2E2, it was a really big con with lots of comics and toys and panels and guests. I didn't buy much, but I did find a few Sonic comics I've been looking for, the old Puppet Master mini-series, a Simpsons Hot Wheels car of The Homer, and a Three Stooges board game.