Author Topic: Because Sonic Mania is very nostalgic, I made a Studiopolis Zone skin for Winamp  (Read 11213 times)

Offline Ineedmorcowbell

• Total Meseta: 0

Hey everyone! I just signed up for the forums, but I always check the site daily, even comment once in a while too. I just wanted to share this here to in case anyone might be interested!
I made Studiopolis Zone into a skin to be used for Winamp. I know it is a bit of an old program, but it still plays music great, and I use it all the time to listen to RadioSega.net also, a lot of times while streaming on twitch too.
All the sprites for this were completely redrawn by myself from the Debut video and other various game play videos on the net.
The main window features the Eggman Director's chair as the volume, item boxes as play buttons, those bouncy star balls are what open the other windows.
The Hornet Van dances to the beat of the music! The Van was actually the initial reason for creating this skin lol but if it is too distracting, you can actually stop it by just left clicking.
The projector also shows other animations that react to the music. many are the developers of the Sonic Mania game, there are also the main characters heads, and Dr Robotnik dancing, with a couple new frames I drew for this!
Equalizer and playlist have their own little features too, and the "Game Gear" Monitor from the stage acts as a general window. There is also a "Tips" window if you right click anyways in the program which I think explains what everything does!
Here is a link to a video tour of the skin in action too, with the Studiopolis Music being played on it.
https://youtu.be/d34DZiBUKDk

I spent a lot of time making this and hope you guys enjoy it!

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
Now that's dedication.  :)  Awesome!
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
WOW This looks great!

I use winamp a lot, so I'll be using this for a while
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
This is great, cheers!

Offline Ineedmorcowbell

Now that's dedication.  :)   Awesome!
Thank you! Once I started I really wanted to make sure it got finished! I tried to finish it before Mania came out...I guess am lucky the game was delayed...

WOW This looks great!I use winamp a lot, so I'll be using this for a while[/font]

That is great to hear! Did you happen to see the Green Hill Zone Skin on my site also? It's a bit more simpler as I made it 12 years ago lol[/font]

This is great, cheers!
[/font]

Thank you :)[/font][/font]

Offline Ineedmorcowbell

I love this! Just news'd it, filed under "fan made": http://segabits.com/blog/2017/05/11/fan-creates-sonic-mania-studiopolis-zone-winamp-skin/

That is Awesome Barry! When I woke up today, I got on my phone and saw it on the front page. Really made my day!  ;-D