Author Topic: What's happening to SEGA now?  (Read 3074 times)

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
What's happening to SEGA now?
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:48:16 am »
Ok just a few concerns about SEGA with a couple of things that can worry or make me mad about them a bit

1. Why Denuvo?: This whole fiasco started when SEGA announced that Sonic Mania will indeed have Denuvo on PC and its also confirmed that Forces will apply this as well.

Why is it needed? People already require to get the Steam software to get the game which itself is almost secure enough that its pretty tough to pirate on Steam.

So ok, its there. But then why are the games exclusive to Steam only? You are pretty much not helping the game to perform any better if the game is locked only on Steam. Its a good idea to use GOG as well for those who want the DRM-free policy.

2. What happened to the SEGA game gear games?: After just now playing and beating GG Shinobi, I'm rather curious as to why on earth SEGA ignored the rest of the other Game Gear games that they made. I'd like to get Shinobi 2 for it but its not yet on the Eshop.

While I can get that the 3DS is almost at its end and that people will move over to the Switch, that still doesn't change the fact that there is demand for the Game Gear games. There are a lot of great games that I want to try out but you SEGA just don't want me to do so legally.

Well yeah, those are a few points of mine for now but it  just makes me wonder about them for some of the things...

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: What's happening to SEGA now?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 11:28:06 am »
Ehh not big on Denuvo, but then again i don't really game on PC, most of my digital purchases are made on consoles, so it doesn't bother me.

In regards to Game Gear games, i'd love to see more as well, but i'm curious about whether or not there is a lot of demand for them? I know most people want SMS and Genesis games.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88