Author Topic: Marvel Heroes!  (Read 101920 times)

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
Marvel Heroes!
« on: May 05, 2014, 09:00:10 pm »
Out of all the marvel super heroes who is your favorite one and why? Posted this because lately I'v been getting into marvel  :P

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Marvel Heroes!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:01:26 am »
Captain America has always been my favorite Super Hero of all time. I think my interest in his character really took off when Ed Brubaker started writing his series. The new Cap movie is based entirely on his story.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline JohnOfRage

• "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 01:26:56 pm »
He was my favorite for a long time as well but Cable always seem to be next to him. I think i liked Cable more because he kind of like saves all the heroes from dying and he just looks like a badass but idk cap i grew up with so its hard to pick for me.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 01:59:32 pm »
First I'll say that I have hardly read comics so my exposure comes from games, the cartoon from the 90's, and fansite/wiki browsing.

Gambit is my answer. Gambit is suave and dandy-like but has a heart and beat a kill-or-be-killed youth that, while it has an impact on him as a person, he seems to have beaten for the most part. I think his power is cool, it's not omega busted or a concept I find stupid like Franklin Richards or Scarlet Witch or the Hulk, and is a little more interesting than just having an elemental power (I like Iceman, but...) or super strength/speed.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline JohnOfRage

• "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »
Forgot all about Gambit he's like the most badass heroes in marvel i think i read once that he could blow things up by just looken at it but then someone took that power away from him.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 06:17:26 am »
As much as I shit on the Amazing Spider-Man movies, I'd have to say that Spider-Man is probably my favorite. I loved the original movies, and before that the animated series, and before that the original comics. My dad had a collection of small full color trade paperbacks which collected the first 25 issues, and I read through them one summer in the 90's.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 11:19:31 pm »
Iron Man.

Many loves him now, but I love him long way back before Robert Downey Jr's movie came out when he's not that popular.
It's because of that Capcom's arcade game Marvel Super Heroes where he looked so damn cool with his supermoves, especially Proton Cannon.
I got curious of his character and tracked all his comic books since then.

Yeah, my love for him started from video game, just like my love for Michael Jackson started from SEGA's arcade game Moonwalker.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 11:14:05 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 09:34:28 am »
Spider-man for me.

Offline Berto

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2021, 07:30:04 pm »
Spider-Man is probably every body's hero for who loved Marvel.
I don't think I ever heard someone's saying he hates Spider-Man.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 09:16:52 am »
No issue for liking Spider-man. Though I am still on the fence for Tom Holland.

Offline Berto

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 11:52:56 pm »
No issue for liking Spider-man. Though I am still on the fence for Tom Holland.

Tom Holland version is more like Ultimate Universe version of Spider-Man, not from main universe.
With that in mind, I have no problem on how he is represented.
He does have a kinda similar best friend (Ned is kinda similar to Ganke) and Tony Stark / Iron Man as his mentor.
The difference is Ultimate Universe version of Spider-Man ended up dead (after more than 100 issues), replaced by Miles Morales.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 01:09:57 pm »
There are pros and cons I feel over Tom Holland's Spider-man. Sure it's nice they mixed up the formula quite a bit but TOny Stark pretty much replaced Uncle Ben which I don't like much, but Spider-man is now sort of replacing Iron-man which I do sorta like, given I know in mainstream Peter Parker grows up and starts his own science and tech corporation.

I sitll think Tobey Maguire did a great job as Spider-man... up until his third movie. And I can imagine Andrew Garfield Spider-man in the same universe as Tom Hardy Venom.

Offline Berto

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 04:22:30 am »
There are pros and cons I feel over Tom Holland's Spider-man. Sure it's nice they mixed up the formula quite a bit but TOny Stark pretty much replaced Uncle Ben which I don't like much, but Spider-man is now sort of replacing Iron-man which I do sorta like, given I know in mainstream Peter Parker grows up and starts his own science and tech corporation.

Yeah, but his corporation has been dismantled (in order to keep his employees safe) during Secret Empire event.
Now he's back poor and easily depressed again.

I sitll think Tobey Maguire did a great job as Spider-man... up until his third movie. And I can imagine Andrew Garfield Spider-man in the same universe as Tom Hardy Venom.

Yes, they're now canonically in same universe thanks to No Way Home end credit scene.

No Way Home Proves Tom Hardy’s Venom Is From Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man Universe
Article : https://www.cbr.com/no-way-home-tom-hardy-venom-from-andrew-garfield-universe/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 06:40:25 am »
I hope it's not the last we'll see of Sam Reimi's original Spider-man.

Offline Berto

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2022, 11:10:32 pm »
I hope it's not the last we'll see of Sam Reimi's original Spider-man.

Raimi said it was “possible” for the Spider-Man 4 to happen : “I’ve come to realize after making Doctor Strange that anything is possible, really anything in the Marvel universe, any team-ups,”
But sadly that's up to Sony.