Author Topic: Sports  (Read 113592 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Sports
« on: June 11, 2014, 05:35:37 pm »
I just wanted an all purpose sports thread. I will start out with a couple of questions. Is anyone else exited about the World Cup? Does anyone know where the U.S. Open golf tournament will be held?

3raser

Re: Sports
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:06:39 pm »
Golf is NOT a sport.

Football (or soccer) is being discussed in this thread:

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2712.0

Would that not include The World Cup?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 10:08:37 pm by 3raser »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 06:49:29 am »
Golf is a sport.

I don't know much about golf though. Been watching the NBA and NHL finals! NHL is a massacre, but NBA is pretty intense right now
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 01:02:15 pm »
Golf is a sport. It's a competitive physical activity. Bowling is also a sport. They are also my two favorite sports because you don't have to touch people or get hurt.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 01:43:06 pm »
Not a golf fan by any means.

GO KINGS GO!!! Will be at the game tomorrow at Staples Center.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 04:48:39 pm »
Golf is a sport. It's a competitive physical activity. Bowling is also a sport. They are also my two favorite sports because you don't have to touch people or get hurt.
I think I can agree with you, exept for one thing. You can get hurt while bowling. Have you seen the movie Kingpin? That guy had his hand chopped off in the ball return. Plus, I think you can drop the ball on your foot, if you are not too careful.

Golf is NOT a sport.

Football (or soccer) is being discussed in this thread:

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2712.0

Would that not include The World Cup?

In your defense, I must say that golf involves little activity. Usually just a lot of elderly overweight people that ride golf carts to their destination. No running is involved; however, golf actually has it's own channel and it has been considered for a spot in the summer olympics> I think that qualifies as a sport.

BTW, when is the kings game in the NHL? Is it this weekend? I just want to watch it on tv.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:50:10 pm by pcm92 »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 05:04:02 pm »
I think I can agree with you, exept for one thing. You can get hurt while bowling. Have you seen the movie Kingpin? That guy had his hand chopped off in the ball return. Plus, I think you can drop the ball on your foot, if you are not too careful.

In your defense, I must say that golf involves little activity. Usually just a lot of elderly overweight people that ride golf carts to their destination. No running is involved; however, golf actually has it's own channel and it has been considered for a spot in the summer olympics> I think that qualifies as a sport.

BTW, when is the kings game in the NHL? Is it this weekend? I just want to watch it on tv.

Game 5 in LA tomorrow 5pm Pacific 8 Eastern. NBC i think.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Spock

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 07:44:01 pm »
Game 5 in LA tomorrow 5pm Pacific 8 Eastern. NBC i think.

That's interesting. I get to watch the King's game tomorrow and the MLB All-Star game on Sunday. The question is, what will I watch on Saturday?

Offline JohnOfRage

• "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 12:23:19 pm »
Is anyone watching Baseball??? Go Mike Trout!!!!! Woot

3raser

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2014, 01:44:08 pm »
I did not think you would be back on segabits, pcm92. I miss all of your humorous posts. I do have to disagree with you on this one. Golf is not or has never been part of the olympics. There are some people who are not overweight or old that play golf, even though it's not my type of game. It's the most ridiculous game (if you call it that) in the world. It used to be open to only protestants, and now it is only open to people with tacky clothing.

About baseball, I must admit that I am a Braves fan. Sorry JohnOfRage.

Offline Spock

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2014, 07:55:39 pm »
There are some people who are not overweight or old that play golf, even though it's not my type of game. It's the most ridiculous game (if you call it that) in the world. It used to be open to only protestants, and now it is only open to people with tacky clothing.

That is also a stereotype of golfers. I don't wear tacky clothes. I'm not overweight. I am not really that old. I go to the driving range every week. No. It's not the most ridiculous SPORT, - not game - I think that belongs to curling. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with that too. You're initial debate was that this thread should have never been made. You just posted something about one of your favorite baseball teams.Let's just get back to the topic of who is liking which sport and which team is better. Ok?

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »
It's not the most ridiculous SPORT, - not game - I think that belongs to curling.

I bed your pardon. Curling is some intense shit.
SEG4GES

3raser

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 06:13:03 pm »
That is also a stereotype of golfers. I don't wear tacky clothes. I'm not overweight. I am not really that old. I go to the driving range every week. No. It's not the most ridiculous SPORT, - not game - I think that belongs to curling. I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with that too. You're initial debate was that this thread should have never been made. You just posted something about one of your favorite baseball teams.Let's just get back to the topic of who is liking which sport and which team is better. Ok?
Curling is an olympic sport. Golf is not. I like curling. I also like this thread. I never said this thread was horrible. I was just suggesting that football was being discussed in another thread and that I was not sure if golf was actually a sport or not. I will agree with you that both hockey and baseball are great sports. I know it was just an opinion. Saying that curling is a ridiculous sport, is not true though. Perhaps you just thought it was rather unusual. It is very similar to a game of shuffleboard. Everyone likes that game, right?

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 09:21:46 pm »
I'm fine with golf/bowling being a sport as I then get to count dota 2 as a sport and I love pro-dota2.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 08:22:57 am »
If dancing is a sport, then Golf is a fucking sport as well.
SEG4GES