Author Topic: Sega fiscal report good news very good news...  (Read 42575 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Sega fiscal report good news very good news...
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 07:57:59 pm »
Given the franchises SEGA west is focusing on, I think the SKUs line up. Seems all the IPs are accounted for. Really hoping war hammer is a part of the PC lineup, though it may be too early. New Sonic is pretty much confirmed, really hope it hits 3ds and current and next gen platforms. Though ps3, ps4, 360,720, wii u, vita, 3ds might be a bit much. Perhaps it'll be wii u, 360 and ps3 only.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 08:09:46 pm »
Given the franchises SEGA west is focusing on, I think the SKUs line up. Seems all the IPs are accounted for. Really hoping war hammer is a part of the PC lineup, though it may be too early. New Sonic is pretty much confirmed, really hope it hits 3ds and current and next gen platforms. Though ps3, ps4, 360,720, wii u, vita, 3ds might be a bit much. Perhaps it'll be wii u, 360 and ps3 only.

Hedgehog Engine was built with 360 as the main platform. Sonic Team has always had trouble with CELL. PS4 and XBOX 8 are x86 just like PC. so if there is a PC version, then there can easily be a next gen version. The versions to be worried about would be the PS3 and Wii u versions, Sonic Team really seems to have lots of trouble with the Hedgehog Engine. You see how western devs are with the Wii u, and they are competent coders, now imagine Sonic Team, with the CPU heavy Hedgehog Engine, when Wii u has a worse CPU then 360. Too bad Hashimoto isn't there to help fix his mess :P

I mean don't get me wrong, i love the way hedgehog engine games look, but it's obvious the internal code is a mess, the engine has framerate issues, even on super powered PC's!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:16:35 pm by Will »

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2013, 06:02:33 am »
Given the franchises SEGA west is focusing on, I think the SKUs line up. Seems all the IPs are accounted for.

It does leave a few open tough

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2013, 06:26:49 am »
So there are a few things I have been thinking about. Speculation and note time begins!

- The low PC sales of Rome II and Company of Heroes 2 put its too rest that SEGA counts digital sales in their reports when speaking of shipment figures, they do not.

- What is the mysterious Wii U title to be released before September ends? At 170,000 units predicted, I cannot think this can be a major title(s) and 3 skus fit perfectly with a global launch. But I could only see a late port being worth the effort, so perhaps a Wii U port of Bayonetta?

- Notice though that by the end of the year, the Playstation 3, Wii U, PSVita and Xbox360 have exactly 1 sku left assuming the new Sonic is the title with 3 sku, so perhaps this is not a entry in the Yakuza series or an arcade title ported, but a major title that will be released in Japan sometime in Q3-4 and then brought here in Q1-2 next fiscal year?

- Europe/America will only receive 7 titles each. Sticking with Europe, the following are sure to be coming here;

Company of Heroes 2, Football Manager, Total War: Rome II, Next Sonic (PS3, 360, Wii U, PC, Vita, 3DS)

That gives us 4 titles with 9 sku. Europe is set to have 7 titles with 13 sku. So we are left with 3 more titles and 4 more sku. A strong indication we will be getting a few platform exclusive titles. So 2 exclusives + a 360/PS3 game.

- Interesting enough, whilst America has the same number of titles (7) they have one less sku (12) perhaps Football Manager might have that PSP release after all!

That's all I got so far.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2013, 07:26:59 am »

- Notice though that by the end of the year, the Playstation 3, Wii U, PSVita and Xbox360 have exactly 1 sku left assuming the new Sonic is the title with 3 sku, so perhaps this is not a entry in the Yakuza series or an arcade title ported, but a major title that will be released in Japan sometime in Q3-4 and then brought here in Q1-2 next fiscal year?

Very good guesses, I was thinking the same thing in regards to a JP title that will get a western release later on. Hope thats true, because I'm in need of some SoJ games.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2013, 09:02:44 am »
So how many potential franchises will be released if we assume most SKUs will be in at least 2 regions?
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 11:15:53 am »
Typical. Since many people don't believe me about the basis against sega that the games media have i hope people around here have noticed that many of the news sites reporting on this news keep focusing on the sales drop mentioned in the report leading to anyone not familiar on stock reports and its nature to believe that Sega has failed yet again and that they are  in more trouble when in fact they are not. 
Eurogamer, gamasutra Polygon and develop and various others are harping on about it. Even when Sega do well people will try to find a way to ruin the parade.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 11:17:24 am by ROJM »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 05:09:09 am »
So how many potential franchises will be released if we assume most SKUs will be in at least 2 regions?

It's hard to tell since digital releases are not included in SKUs.

Anyway the last PSP game has been revealed! As expected a Japan only title. The PSP entry of the J-League series (Not like the PS3/Vita ver that's going to be released)

J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! 8 Euro Plus - http://www.sakatsuku.com/8/

With 7th Dragon crossing the 100,000+ sales mark and with them needing to meet their 180,000 target for PSP titles by Q2, I think we can guess they will comfortably meet that target.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2013, 08:50:44 am »
It's hard to tell since digital releases are not included in SKUs.

Anyway the last PSP game has been revealed! As expected a Japan only title. The PSP entry of the J-League series (Not like the PS3/Vita ver that's going to be released)

J-League Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou! 8 Euro Plus - http://www.sakatsuku.com/8/

With 7th Dragon crossing the 100,000+ sales mark and with them needing to meet their 180,000 target for PSP titles by Q2, I think we can guess they will comfortably meet that target.

Yeah but they also measure titles individually. 7th Dragon has to cross a certain number of sales to make any money on top of the budget invested in the title. Sega doesn't really need the sales of 7th Dragon to accomplish the PSP target sales date because they distribute so many PSP games from smaller companies anyway that it will accomplish that

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2013, 04:13:43 pm »
So let's try this again...

11 PC Sku: Company of Heroes 2 (2 sku) Rome II (2 sku) Football Manager 2014 (2 sku)
Potential 5 PC sku titles: Warhammer Fantasy (2 sku) and Alien (2 sku)

7 Wii U Sku: Sonic: Lost World (2 sku) Ryu Ga Gotoku 1&2 HD (1 sku) Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Games (2 sku)
Potential 2 Wii U sku titles: Yakuza 1&2 HD for the West?

7 PS3 sku - Sakatsuku 8 (1 sku)
Potential 6 PS3 sku: No clue anymore

6 3DS sku - Sonic: Lost World (2 sku) Project Mirai 2 (1 sku) Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Games (2 sku?)
Potential 1 3DS sku: No idea

5 Vita sku: Sakatsuku 8 (1 sku)
Potential 4 Vita sku: PSO2 Western release (2 sku) PSO2Ep.II (1 sku)

4 Xbox 360 sku: Absolutely no idea what this could be, we are looking at potentially 2 titles here.

2 Playstation Portable sku - 7th Dragon 2020-ii (1 sku) and Sakatsuku Euro+ (1 sku)

Offline Radrappy

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2013, 04:26:05 pm »
So let's try this again...

11 PC Sku: Company of Heroes 2 (2 sku) Rome II (2 sku) Football Manager 2014 (2 sku)
Potential 5 PC sku titles: Warhammer Fantasy (2 sku) and Alien (2 sku)

7 Wii U Sku: Sonic: Lost World (2 sku) Ryu Ga Gotoku 1&2 HD (1 sku) Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Games (2 sku)
Potential 2 Wii U sku titles: Yakuza 1&2 HD for the West?

7 PS3 sku - Sakatsuku 8 (1 sku)
Potential 6 PS3 sku: No clue anymore

6 3DS sku - Sonic: Lost World (2 sku) Project Mirai 2 (1 sku) Mario & Sonic at the 2014 Olympic Games (2 sku?)
Potential 1 3DS sku: No idea

5 Vita sku: Sakatsuku 8 (1 sku)
Potential 4 Vita sku: PSO2 Western release (2 sku) PSO2Ep.II (1 sku)

4 Xbox 360 sku: Absolutely no idea what this could be, we are looking at potentially 2 titles here.

2 Playstation Portable sku - 7th Dragon 2020-ii (1 sku) and Sakatsuku Euro+ (1 sku)

Couldn't the ps3 sku still be another sonic title? 

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »
Couldn't the ps3 sku still be another sonic title? 

The press kit implied that Nintendo has complete exclusivity to the Sonic series for 3 games so at this point seems unlikely.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2013, 06:55:53 pm »
Yeah, at best we will see digital Sonic games. But no boxed on other platforms.

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:58 pm »
Anything on digital titles other than game gear?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2013, 07:54:07 am »
Anything on digital titles other than game gear?

SEGA does not cover SKU when talking about digital titles.