Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 721224 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2325 on: November 26, 2014, 08:32:32 am »
That would be awesome, only problem is, I dont have a working Pc. I just have a shit netbook. I'll probably look into getting a laptop around cyber Monday.

You realise that Deus Ex is so old it'll probably run on a toaster?

MINIMUM PC REQUIREMENTS
CPU Type: Pentium II
CPU Speed in MHz: 300MHz
RAM: 64MB
Hard Drive Space: 150MB
Sound Card: DirectX compliant
CD Drive Speed: 4X
Video Card: DirectX compliant 3D accelerator
Graphics Type: 3D accelerated
Compatible Devices:
Software (DirectX 5.0, etc.): DirectX 7.0a

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2326 on: November 26, 2014, 11:52:12 am »
The three of us should do a playthrough of original Deus Ex !!

I'd love to as well. Give me a sign alright when you plan on replaying.

@Piro. I'm not sure on the specifics. I think the director's cut adds some graphical enhancements and it adds the dlc Missing Link within the story. I just finished the directors cut(should've specified) and the missing link dlc does... add a little bit i guess. It's weird because the dlc came out after the actual game, so it's more challenging than the vanilla game. The spike in difficulty feels weird when you get to that part, especially when you're finished and you get back to the original content which feels a lot easier.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2327 on: November 26, 2014, 11:58:26 am »
I'd love to as well. Give me a sign alright when you plan on replaying.

Shall we try to start this weekend? We won't be going at the same pace, so let's say Friday/Saturday and we can all keep track in this thread or make another (if we have enough people itnerested).

EDIT: Aki! Is Evil Within worth it for 66% off? It's $22.60 CDN atm.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:16:22 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2328 on: November 26, 2014, 12:26:43 pm »
I'm down, i'll try it on my netbook, but i doubt it'll work..

The DLC for Human Revolution looks cool, but i think i'll try to get through the main game first. I've got way too many games to play at the moment and the current Live sales are making me buy more.

I saw a sale for Evil Within, $25 i think for XOne, let us know Aki.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2329 on: November 26, 2014, 12:36:57 pm »
I'm down, i'll try it on my netbook, but i doubt it'll work..

To put it into perspective, you could find a computer built in 1998, and it would run Deus Ex perfectly fine. I'll be genuinely shocked if it doesn't run on your netbook.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #2330 on: November 26, 2014, 03:20:20 pm »
I'm not sure about this weekend. A couple of games Iordered are being delivered tomorrow. Mainly smash brothers. And I wont be able to play that due to work and the bayonetta I play when I do have free time. So I think the weekend after should be better. I'm looking forward to it. My feeling tells me i'm not gonna regret playing it :P

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2331 on: November 26, 2014, 03:24:49 pm »
I'm not sure about this weekend. A couple of games Iordered are being delivered tomorrow. Mainly smash brothers. And I wont be able to play that due to work and the bayonetta I play when I do have free time. So I think the weekend after should be better. I'm looking forward to it. My feeling tells me i'm not gonna regret playing it :P

Okay, let's hold off for another weekend! Should we make a thread in case anyone else wants to join in?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #2332 on: November 26, 2014, 03:29:44 pm »
Okay, let's hold off for another weekend! Should we make a thread in case anyone else wants to join in?

Yes, feel free to make one if you want.

I'll try to install it when i get home and i'll let you know if my Netbook can handle it.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2333 on: November 27, 2014, 06:43:32 am »
Deus Ex Thread is made! Let's continue DX Discussion there :D

ALso, I bought Evil Within at the behest of Aki - He'd better be right about this, I had to spend $20 on it!!

Also bought KoF98 for when it releases in December!

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2334 on: December 02, 2014, 05:41:02 pm »
Took a short break from Valkyria Chronicles to take a bite off The Wolf Among Us (Walked right into that one, didn't I?)

The good thing about it? Almost everything. Leagues and bounds better than anything on that Walking Dead game. Great characters, very adult and mature story. Choices feel like they actually matter, instead of just window dressing. Branching alterante views that add a lot of variety. Visuals are very impressive.

Now tha bad? F*** Telltale Games and their choices in how they release and launch their boxed games, especially for consoles. My 360 copy had a ton of random crashes, very odd pauses, out of sync audio, a lot of sudden freezes, some of those made the QTEs nearly unplayable.
Sure you can just clean the cache on your Xbox 360 disk and it might approve a bit, but for f***s sake, why not simply add an install disk function? To add insult to injury, the game box says Hard Disk Required but there's no actual Install Option, just like The Walking Dead game! FFS! I think 90% of those problems would not be actual problems if they actually added that friggin' option in the first place!

Here I thought Lionhead Studios did sloppy QA testing, but damn it TTG is just as sloppy if not worse. The Fable games are fully interactive games where you control a character and there's action on the screen, as terrible as they are at QA, I can understand how bugs and glitches might show up. But TTG's games are for the most part, Interactive Stories, ergo they have NO FRIGGIN' EXCUSE for such messy and sloppy console ports!

Other developers would be cruxified for supplying such sloppy work. I hope that at least the PC version is remotely playable.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2335 on: December 11, 2014, 12:13:56 pm »
After three false starts, I'm finally getting into Rome 2 a little. It's so different to the last games, it took some getting used to.

It's not as bad as I initially thought, it's worth the $10 I spent to get the game + some DLC at least.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2336 on: December 12, 2014, 04:29:16 pm »
I replayed The Wolf Among Us.

This is arguably the most accessible point 'n' click adventure game (or rather has no real puzzles to speak of, just one small puzzle), it's almost an interactive movie. Yet, I prefer to play this game over TWD anyday.

I still can't excuse the insane amount of problems this one has. The game randomly crashes at least twice before I get to the chapter selection. Audio problems are huge in every "Previously on WAU" segment, subtitles are off by default on episode 4 and 5, there's a section on WAU near the end in which my subtitles are in spanish. Some decisions oddly enough didn't carry over, which is a shame.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2337 on: December 18, 2014, 03:33:48 pm »
Okay, so Rome 2 is actually quite good. It's like crack right now.

Still glad I waited for the sale, apparently it took about a year to get to this state.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2338 on: December 22, 2014, 08:39:21 pm »
Playing two games right now. Both Geopolitical browser simulators.

CyberNations and Project Terra. Cybernations is a rather slow game, once you collect taxes and pay bills there is next to nothing to do, but I have some friends there so I play it.

Project Terra is more exciting and much more in depth but is sadly in a heavy beta stage where quite a few of the functions of the game are either not working or not implemented.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2339 on: December 23, 2014, 08:30:40 am »
Meme Run, it's so dank. Best Wii U exclusive etc etc.

For real, Rome 2 Total War. It's pretty gud.
 Also VF.

Always VF.