Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 278295 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #225 on: August 19, 2014, 12:16:49 pm »
Were really condeming Nintendo in packaging Mario with their system? I could compare it to Sega but come to think of it they didn't just package Sonic with their systems so yeah i guess you can say that...

I didn't mean to criticise their bundle policies, I was just being a dick saying that they won't bother promoting non-Mario games.

I'm starting to doubt we'll see any Bayonetta Bundle though, if only because we probably would have heard something about it by now since they would be fishing for pre-orders. Announcing it a month out only would be cutting it rather fine.

I would like to get the MK bundle, but it doesn't seem like it's available anywhere anymore. I might go for a refurbished unit since I don't have much desire to play New Super Mario Brothers #2430.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2014, 05:52:11 pm »
Great Deal:

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150200
I bought this so let me tell you what I think.

It is basically brand new, the console looks new and the only thing difference is that it says 'refurbished' on the box. Outside of that its basically the same brand new retail and comes with standard warranty that brand new consoles comes with.

The Wii U has a ton of good exclusives that are NOT available anywhere else: Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros Wii U, Mario 3D World and Wonderful 101. I'm sure I forgot some but those are pretty good exclusives that are worth it on the console. Whole the PS4 has... Killzone...Infamous... what else? Oh yeah, pay double the price with no great exclusives.

Not saying I prefer this to a PS4 in the future, just saying for the price of entry, the number of exclusives and some pretty great looking future titles: 200 dollars is a great price point. Especially for Bayonetta 2 in a few months.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2014, 12:20:37 am »
Ben, any suggestions? I think the consensus was that flowers were too old fashioned, but chocolates are never a bad idea. Unless they don't like chocolates, in which case they are a bad idea.

How about a Taco Bell gift card?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2014, 04:59:43 am »
I didn't mean to criticise their bundle policies, I was just being a dick saying that they won't bother promoting non-Mario games.

I'm starting to doubt we'll see any Bayonetta Bundle though, if only because we probably would have heard something about it by now since they would be fishing for pre-orders. Announcing it a month out only would be cutting it rather fine.

I would like to get the MK bundle, but it doesn't seem like it's available anywhere anymore. I might go for a refurbished unit since I don't have much desire to play New Super Mario Brothers #2430.

Well my understanding is they wanted this game and it was the first non developed Nintendo game they have acquired before Devils Third. So i would be suprised if they don't promote the game at all...but since it was popular in japan to begin with and the fact that japan knows how to market games better..that side won't be a problem..its what happens here in the west...and i really don't think there will be much of a problem there either...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2014, 08:21:37 am »

It is basically brand new, the console looks new and the only thing difference is that it says 'refurbished' on the box. Outside of that its basically the same brand new retail and comes with standard warranty that brand new consoles comes with.

The Wii U has a ton of good exclusives that are NOT available anywhere else: Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, New Super Mario Bros Wii U, Mario 3D World and Wonderful 101. I'm sure I forgot some but those are pretty good exclusives that are worth it on the console. Whole the PS4 has... Killzone...Infamous... what else? Oh yeah, pay double the price with no great exclusives.

Not saying I prefer this to a PS4 in the future, just saying for the price of entry, the number of exclusives and some pretty great looking future titles: 200 dollars is a great price point. Especially for Bayonetta 2 in a few months.

Yeah I definitely think I'll go with the refurb, along with a copy of Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. There's a good few games I want to get on the system. Can you play MK8 with classic controllers?

I actually want to do that now.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2014, 09:30:40 am »

I probably should've waited for one of these, opted for a standard Wii U with NSMBU for $200 over a year ago.. Wasn't too bad at the time i guess.

Now, i feel like i have to ask this. Are you guys really genuinely impressed and excited for Bayo2? Is it cause it was a Sega published game, or because you really like the game that much? I'm just curious.

If you want the shits, why not? Hahah.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #232 on: August 20, 2014, 10:07:45 am »
Now, i feel like i have to ask this. Are you guys really genuinely impressed and excited for Bayo2? Is it cause it was a Sega published game, or because you really like the game that much? I'm just curious.

Quite honestly I think Bayonetta is one of the absolute best games I've ever played. The gameplay is nearly flawless for an action game and I finished it multiple times.

The music, graphics, level design and character design as well as the general aestheic are all fantastic, it's quite simply just one of the most polished games I've ever seen. The little details and care put into the game just oozed from it (One that stands out in memory is the trail of flowers left behind the panther when you run through levels), and made me think that it was really a game that had a lot of love put into it.

I don't know if Bayo 2 will be as good as 1, but I've become a fan of games like God Hand, Devil May Cry and the like, so it's certainly a game I really want to play regardless. If not I'll just play the remixed Bayonetta 1 until my eyes bleed.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #233 on: August 20, 2014, 12:39:57 pm »
Yeah I definitely think I'll go with the refurb, along with a copy of Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2. There's a good few games I want to get on the system. Can you play MK8 with classic controllers?

I actually want to do that now.
It does work with the classic controllers.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #234 on: August 20, 2014, 02:41:26 pm »
Quite honestly I think Bayonetta is one of the absolute best games I've ever played. The gameplay is nearly flawless for an action game and I finished it multiple times.

The music, graphics, level design and character design as well as the general aestheic are all fantastic, it's quite simply just one of the most polished games I've ever seen. The little details and care put into the game just oozed from it (One that stands out in memory is the trail of flowers left behind the panther when you run through levels), and made me think that it was really a game that had a lot of love put into it.

I don't know if Bayo 2 will be as good as 1, but I've become a fan of games like God Hand, Devil May Cry and the like, so it's certainly a game I really want to play regardless. If not I'll just play the remixed Bayonetta 1 until my eyes bleed.

I genuinely want to understand why people like it as much as they claim. I played it and thought it was good, but not great. It just reminded me too much of DMC, but with a female protagonist instead. I do have an interest in Bayo2, but i know i won't pick it up cause my wife won't have it, haha.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #235 on: August 20, 2014, 02:52:34 pm »
I genuinely want to understand why people like it as much as they claim. I played it and thought it was good, but not great. It just reminded me too much of DMC, but with a female protagonist instead. I do have an interest in Bayo2, but i know i won't pick it up cause my wife won't have it, haha.

I tried to explain some of it to you, although I didn't go into details for gameplay specifically, everything about the game was just nigh on perfect. The music, graphics and design were amazing.

Onto the most important part, gameplay;
I don't know where to really begin, but the combat is just superb IMO. I do love DMC (Never played the new 'DmC' though), and I rate DMC1 and 3 near Bayonetta in terms of quality. I do feel that Bayonetta is similar but just more... refined? It feels smoother and also has some amazing ideas that weren't featured in DMC.

Witch Time is the biggest one, it's so satisfying to get a succesful last minute evasion and then unlock the weave powers. Things like panther and butterfly transformations make platforming/navigating levels a joy beyond what DMC could offer.

The controls are just incredibly responsive and there's such a plethora of attacks and combinations of moves avaiable I can't think of any game that matches it (maybe God Hand with it's brilliant customisable combo system and roullete supers). The fact that you can put weapons on your arms and feet means there's lots of potential combinations and all the weapons are not only unique, but very nicely fleshed out, meaning you can find your niche weapon and really sink your teeth into it. DMC3 had this as well, but again, I feel it was better polished in Bayo.

I could go on and on, so let me know if you want more. It really is one of my all time favourite games, and now I just want to re-play it :(

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #236 on: August 20, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »
No, that's a pretty good explanation. I'm starting to see what you're saying. I did notice the controls were pretty easy to handle when compared to something like DMC4. I think my lack of enthusiasm comes from the fact that i suck at action games like these. I only played Bayonetta cause everyone was raving about it and i wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. The combat always seemed a bit repetitive to me, but that might be because i'm a button masher and i didn't take the time to learn the combo's correctly. I'm sure it makes a world of a difference if you master the combo's.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #237 on: August 21, 2014, 06:18:15 am »
I think the reality is, not that people aren't excited about Bay2, they're just not excited about it being on Nintendo.
Even if it is cheap compared to the other systems, people want more than a reason to get  asystem for just one game. BAYONETTA has never really been tested as a game that could help shift systems. The game has to strike big in sales and if big enough systems as well which would help in all markets but specifically in Japan as that is where most of the big sales for the first game happened.

As for Bay vs DMC, DMC never progressed as a game as it would have done if capcom didn't mess around with the original creators after the first title. So i'd say its a much polished game with great executions of ideas presented in the gameplay. Bay2 has to really top what it brought to the table in the first game.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #238 on: August 21, 2014, 08:09:18 am »
No, that's a pretty good explanation. I'm starting to see what you're saying. I did notice the controls were pretty easy to handle when compared to something like DMC4. I think my lack of enthusiasm comes from the fact that i suck at action games like these. I only played Bayonetta cause everyone was raving about it and i wanted to see what all of the fuss was about. The combat always seemed a bit repetitive to me, but that might be because i'm a button masher and i didn't take the time to learn the combo's correctly. I'm sure it makes a world of a difference if you master the combo's.

Button mashing definitely will ruin the experience, not to mention make the game harder to play. If it's not your type of game I guess it's horses for courses, but it's probably the finest action game there is.

Everyone has their genre they can't really click with, I can't get into sim racing games for example (FIA and iRacing et.al.), although I can usually admire what they excel at.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #239 on: August 21, 2014, 04:54:22 pm »
I really didn't like the original Bayonetta very much, but the sequel (to me) looks like a far better game to me, so I'm definitely going to be picking it up.