Author Topic: Worst Sega games of all time  (Read 20271 times)

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
Re: Worst Sega games of all time
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 07:12:50 am »
'06 wasn't on a Sega console.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2014, 08:02:11 am »
It would still be terrible even it was released on a SEGA console.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2014, 12:29:17 pm »
It would still be terrible even it was released on a SEGA console.

Spock wanted our opinions on what we felt was the worst game on a Sega console though.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2014, 01:47:43 pm »
This is what I posted at the beginning of the thread:

It can be a game published or developed by Sega. As long as Sega had some involvement, which game do you think was the worst on a Sega console?

I guess that is kind of confusing though, because most people were posting stuff from Sega consoles only. It can be any Sega game. As long as Sega had involvement.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 09:55:21 am »
There have been plenty of awful games on SEGA consoles, many of them worse then Sonic 06 and some published by SEGA. I think the main problem here is that not many people really spend their time playing bad games. I mean, why would I waste my time playing a game like Hi-Octane or Toy Story 2 when I could be playing fucking After Burner?

Anyway, I do have a load of awful Dreamcast and Saturn games that I can't quite recall off the top of my head since....well I didn't really play them much. I'll try to name a few.

One awful game I remember is Ducati World for the SEGA Dreamcast. When I bought it I knew what I was getting in to, but I still wasn't quite prepared or how ugly it would look or how poorly it would handle. I've never played a racing game this bad before.

On the 32Xcd, there's the FMV game Supreme Warrior. I tried to play it for a quick review a year ago, but I could never even get past the first sequence. I must've read the manual from front to back and it still did me no good because the game's conveyance is just so awful.

Oh, and Chronicles of Pern and Toy Story 2 were just awful, messed up games.

Fighting Force 2 is a game i've made a couple attempts to play just for an awful review, but the controls are so awful it's just....tedious.

I'll be back later with some SEGA published games.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 02:25:39 pm »
Genesis - Technocop, Last Battle, Hard Drivin' and Steel Talons. Technocop, in spite of some kickass music, is horrendously boring. The timer runs far too fast and controls are clunky. Last Battle shares many of the same issues with Technocop, though it's actually worse, thanks in large part to the insipid dialogue and piss-poor animation. Hard Drivin' and Steel Talons are just shit. They control well enough, but the framerate moves at half the speed of smell. Awful.

SEGA CD - Wirehead, Double Switch and Cliffhanger. While Wirehead does have a hefty dose of cheesy charm, it's absolutely ridiculous. Having to watch the same shitty scenario unfold over and over again until you figure the correct route is nauseating. Double Switch is annoying to watch on many levels and too complicated to control. Also, I fucking hate Corey Haim. Cliffhanger is also available on Genesis, but SEGA CD takes the cake. That snowboarding section is so damned frustrating, I'd rather play one of the Super Star Wars games on SNES. They seem easier through comparison.

32X - Motocross Championship and B.C. Racers. Motocross is a budget Genesis title in disguise. Seriously, Road Rash II looks, sounds, plays WAY better than this shit-fest. B.C. Racers looks decent, but the music is fucking atrocious and controls aren't much better.

There's some terrible Saturn and Dreamcast titles, yes, but I can't go on anymore. Just thinking about the games I've mentioned depresses the unholy fuck outta' me.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline MrTechnoSqueek

• Total Meseta: 0
  • It's Thinking...
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »
I still can't believe how Sega or anyone for that matter can release a broke, buggy, just absolute mess of a game that is Sonic 06

On a Sega Console though...I would probably say Motocross Championship on the 32X
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:03:51 am by MrTechnoSqueek »
PSN:TechnoSqueek
XBL:Techno Squeek
Steam:technosqueek

Offline Regis

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Loola Games Online
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »
Sonic 2006 I still consider not only the worst Sega game, but the worst game ever created.
It took about half a minute of loading time for two lines of text. The game was an absolute travesty, I've still never seen anything quite so shoddy before or since it's release.

I completely agree.

Sonic 06 is a game that should have stayed a few more months in development before being released.
The number of bugs the game is unbelievable.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 03:52:06 am »
I still can't believe how Sega or anyone for that matter can release a broke, buggy, just absolute mess of a game that is Sonic 06

The sad part about Sonic 06 is there's a great game in there somewhere. Just let down by horrible controls and an unfinished and unoptimized engine. The game needed another year worth of work, but stupid SEGA made a big play on the 15th anniversary and so the game had to come out, come what may.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 09:01:09 am »
There is no great game in Sonic 06. Fix all the bugs and it still has horrible level designs, dodgy art direction, downright awful story and horrible badniks and bosses.

The only redeeming feature the game had was the soundtrack.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 11:51:53 am »
There is no great game in Sonic 06. Fix all the bugs and it still has horrible level designs, dodgy art direction, downright awful story and horrible badniks and bosses.

The only redeeming feature the game had was the soundtrack.

No Sonic game features a good story lol . The level design is pretty cool and really don't get the issue over the Art - the game as some fantastic art and some nice levels  just let down but a main character that you could barely control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aArqMPW8iIA

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2014, 01:08:38 pm »
No Sonic game features a good story lol . The level design is pretty cool and really don't get the issue over the Art - the game as some fantastic art and some nice levels  just let down but a main character that you could barely control

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aArqMPW8iIA

Kingdom Valley and Crisis City are the only levels that are orginal, with a decent idea and level art.
Some levels have a decent layout (like Wave Ocean), but most of it is really uninspired and generic.

Even with Generations Mods of 06, the repetetiveness and blandness of Flame Core, Dusty Desert and White Acropolis become really apearent.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2014, 08:40:04 am »

I disagree, Sonic 2 had a good story IMO (and a nice little spoof on the Death Star). So did S3&K, and it told it all through 16bit sprites in seconds-long cutscenes and backgrounds better than the horrendous voice acting in Sonic 06.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2014, 11:25:41 am »
Here's an awful game for you: SCUD the Disposable Assassin. Great comic, great CGI, awful game. Just walk to the right and constantly get attacked by the same few enemies over and over again. I don't believe there was any level geography or anything, and the only thing that broke these "stages" up were light gun levels which had pretty much the same design: walk down a corridor and get attacked by the same sprites over and over again without any variation.

Of course, I never got particularly far, but I'm told this never really changes.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 02:17:50 am »
I disagree, Sonic 2 had a good story IMO (and a nice little spoof on the Death Star)

What story ? . One had to read the manual to get the story of Sonic II and even then it was simple beyond belief. There's on introduction to Sonic II not explain why tails is with you, what your goals are , what you're fighting for it's just straight into the game  .

Games like Mario or Sonic don't need stories and just as well really .

Kingdom Valley and Crisis City

I really liked most of the Art and levels like Wave Ocean looked good (when not moving :P ) . The huge trouble for Sonic 06 was through development  the PS2 Shinobi Team joined and introduced elements from their planned new Shinobi game and used that games planned physics in Sonic 06 and just swapped Joe for Sliver. The Shinobi Sonic 06 Producer lost control of the team and the games budget and boy did it show   

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is