Author Topic: Counter Terrorist Win  (Read 16995 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Counter Terrorist Win
« on: May 02, 2011, 01:31:33 am »
[youtube:1557n874]YZdJRDpLHbw[/youtube:1557n874]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Counter Terrorist Win
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:33:57 am »
I find this song highly appropriate.

[youtube:anud7fac]wxh-FfElY0M[/youtube:anud7fac]

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 06:37:33 am »
The whole thing seems pretty surreal.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 07:44:17 am »
To be honest, and I hope I'm not out of line for saying this, I'm almost disgusted at the way some people have reacted to Bin Laden's death. What he did was a crime against humanity, but I feel like people shouldn't be glorifying his death and chanting "USA! USA!!" What does that say about us when we react to a human being's death?
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 09:05:11 am »
We are cheering but only because Bin Laden was an evil man. Perhaps the greatest enemy of the US and the World in the first decade of the 21st Century.

It's finally over...

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 09:05:24 am »
Quote from: "CosmicCastaway"
To be honest, and I hope I'm not out of line for saying this, I'm almost disgusted at the way some people have reacted to Bin Laden's death. What he did was a crime against humanity, but I feel like people shouldn't be glorifying his death and chanting "USA! USA!!" What does that say about us when we react to a human being's death?

I don't think American's are glorifying his death. Quite the opposite. I consider it the fall of a leader and symbol, so I'll be gladly celebrating. Of course, I'm not going to be like "fuck yeah! USA put a bullet in the head of a human being! Let's piss on the corpse!", but I am very happy that many who lost friends and family members in the 9/11 attacks have some sort of peace and an end to a defining aspect of the tragedy.

I think of it as the capture of a serial killer. Now he can't go spreading his message and planning more attacks. Of course, as with serial killers, there are always going to be more terrorist leaders. So people shouldn't be celebrating the end of terrorsim. However, as I said above, it's a good thing to know he's not out there hiding anymore.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 10:01:25 am »
How was he a leader of anything living in a detached area of a rural village behind multiple walls without anything more than plumming. His electricity was generated by a small generator.

I wonder why this operation couldn't have worked with tranqualizers?

How is it justice if he didn't stand before a judge and a jury? Jumped straight to execution.

Which is fine I guess he had it coming but throwing his body into the sea wasn't right, his body should've been given to the Bin Laden family. The only thing that truly didn't sit right with me was the treatment of his remains.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 10:11:47 am »
US Special Ops using tranqs? Never gonna happen. I agree, ideally I'd have wanted him alive so he could stand trial. But imagine how major a deal this raid was for the soldiers involved, and the fact that bin Laden was surly packing heat. Doubt he'd drop his weapon and give up, and a tranq to the neck isn't going to be instantaneous.

As for the remains, I'd think burying the body within 24 hours at sea was more than respectful considering the severity of his crimes and the emotions running against him. I still remember how distasteful and creepy that Saddam Hussein execution video was, so thank goodness there is no bin Laden video. Ugh. Also, no way would his body be given up to the family. Giving him a known burial spot would surly make for a physical location where supporters could pay respects, that's the last thing the US and every other country opposed to him would want.

Offline George

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 12:45:08 pm »
Obviously my post was a joke. Let me tell you how I really feel.

I think Osama got the blame for most of what he did. I think he was misguided and angry at a lot of the bigger nations for not understanding their way of life and trying to exploit them. Russia attacked, we helped then ignored them. Not only that, we had a nice time bombing them prior to 9/11.

Was 9/11 due to them hating 'our freedoms, money and religious freedom'? Doubtful. Highly. He was found in a fucking palace. No joke.

Is he a criminal? Yes. But so is the Bush administration for lying to the public to get a war and going to Iraq.

I wish that the US Government would be more inclined to building things to help people in nations that need the help instead of bombing them.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 02:53:35 pm »
@ Barry: That's what they said to avoid a shrine.

Well no one really knows what they did with the body, they saw they dumped it into the see.

I just can't get my head around it man, he's dead give the remains back. All the soldiers Pakistani/American always got their remains back.

Offline George

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 03:02:08 pm »
Pakistan didn't want his remains, I read that no nation wanted his remains. Odd, right? Also 11 of his sons where killed to? I guess they won't miss their dad.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 03:42:11 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Obviously my post was a joke. Let me tell you how I really feel.

I think Osama got the blame for most of what he did. I think he was misguided and angry at a lot of the bigger nations for not understanding their way of life and trying to exploit them. Russia attacked, we helped then ignored them. Not only that, we had a nice time bombing them prior to 9/11.

Was 9/11 due to them hating 'our freedoms, money and religious freedom'? Doubtful. Highly. He was found in a fucking palace. No joke.

Is he a criminal? Yes. But so is the Bush administration for lying to the public to get a war and going to Iraq.

I wish that the US Government would be more inclined to building things to help people in nations that need the help instead of bombing them.

Don't forget the torture, that was illegal, and the illegal wiretapping that violates our fourth amendment? It also arguably violated the fourteenth amendment's equal protection clause.. Now we have the new TSA searches, also a violation of the fourth amendment.

Amazing how many of our rights have been destroyed in the past decade under the guise of making Americans' safer.

Quote from: "Benjamin Franklin"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »
I thought I banned that Franklin guy for making too many fart jokes.

Offline George

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2011, 06:01:28 pm »
Benjamin Franklin is the man. Period. You should read up on his life of orgies.

Offline cube_b3

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »
Why the hell would Pakistan want his remains?

He was a Saudi as far as I know and the Bin Laden family is still one of the biggest families in the world. I belive they are the second richest family in Asia (I could be wrong).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Laden_family

I bet someone in the family would've wanted his remains, and could've berried him at an undisclosed location.

Think about it.

I don't know if anyone should be allowed to turn human remains into shark food and pass it off as a humane course of action.

That is all I am saying, nothing more.