Author Topic: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!  (Read 66259 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2015, 05:12:52 pm »
I agree, Centrale, this has gotten to be too much. I don't want SEGAbits to utilize Sobic Retro's validation levels of restrictions on posting, but I think Eternal needs to cool it with promoting his plans here. None of us are buying it, and it's becoming a joke by this point.

Offline EnternalHope

• Total Meseta: 2
  • Sega fan for Life.
« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2015, 08:16:41 pm »
Enternal claims to be in the hotel business. Imagine if some Hilton fans got in touch with a couple of housekeepers at the downtown Atlanta Hilton Hotel and said, we're going to start building a new Hilton in our back yard in Ottawa, Canada. Sounds like a plan that has success written all over it.

Seriously, what is going on with the forum here these days? It's like checking in on an insane asylum... talking people down from their delusions, trying to keep people from hurting themselves or others with crazy nonsense. Is it just me? Do I need to take a break? Everyone is some kind of expert on international manufacturing and marketing, but when you look at their paperwork it's all a bunch of grim crayon scribbles and slobber. Is there any kind of will among the admins to stop this kind of stuff? I can't tell if these people are playing some kind of long-game trolling or if they are actually terribly naïve, confused, cynical etc. Wouldn't a less active forum with a few sane conversations about reality be better than this?

Fairly mean spirited post.

Also, you clearly are seriously reaching. You have no clue what department in the 5 Star Hotel business I'm employed in.

And Barry, I will not post anymore on the matter until our goals are reached, but our Closed, Members only FB group now has breezed past half a thousand in a matter of 3 hours.

Ben's sigs are still going to. We're already nearing 22,300.

Everyone can remain as skeptical as they'd like about our campaign, but I'd appreciate it if people show a bit more decorum in expressing their cynicism towards it or how they think its impossible and not resort to personal attacks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 08:19:14 pm by EnternalHope »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2015, 06:51:30 am »
Locking this for the time being, if the campaign proves to be more than a pipe dream we can open it back up.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2015, 11:04:51 am »
Out of fairness, I am unlocking this for the time being. I just wrote a long op-ed on the front page and it wouldn't be fair to have my say and leave this topic locked.

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/12/22/opinion-so-about-project-dream-and-their-dreamcast-2-plans-calm-down-its-not-official-or-sane/

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2015, 11:27:49 am »
Good Guy Barry.

Offline Tad

« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2015, 11:39:03 am »
Barry. You're a good man.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2015, 11:41:18 am »
I mean, honestly, I am not here to hate or tear down. But I have to call it as I see it. I can't play the part of fansite guy who bows to any old project because it has heart behind it, looking past some really questionable decisions and simply promoting projects because it is my job as a SEGA fan to do so.

I do think there are practical ways for SEGA to make a home console – a branded Steam Machine, an AtGames endeavor that does beyond the Genesis library. Problem is, Project Dream isn't it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2015, 02:21:24 pm »
So, were we graced with a visit from Zach Morris himself??? The IP addresses don't seem to lie. Man, I almost feel like I met a celebrity!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »
Keep fighting the good fight man. These kids need to grow up. Companies are not run by hopes and dreams.

Is that dude still around? Holy shit, not surprised to hear this could be his doing.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:01:35 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2015, 04:25:07 pm »
Good lord, this long blog post comes off as a manifesto written in an insane asylum: http://segareniassance.blogspot.fr/2015/12/project-dream-a.html?m=1

What I found so hilarious is they bang the drum that SEGA is innovative, and then say: "The hybrid codenamed either "RINGEDGE Zero" or "RINGWIDE Elite" would resemble a Digital TV Antenna receiver. The simple design would avoid any patent infringement and allow the product to be distinguishable among consumers. Only 5% of consumers use DTV Antenna receivers, so it wouldn't be confusing to them in anyway."

SERIOUSLY!!?? HAHAHA.... my god.

So the console will use a DTV Antenna Receiver shell because it will avoid patent infringement and fuck it, nobody owns one anyway so it won't be confused for a DTV box.

How un-SEGA is that? That's not innovative! That's cutting corners!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2015, 05:11:40 pm »
I can't do this. Fuck that, i'm not reading all of that garbage.

This just came up in a comment:

I know enternalhope. His former name was mrsega at sega-16.com. He is a fraud and got banned by the mods there. He was also active on ‘dreamcasttalk and got banned there. He used to say that sega orbi is a console. It turned out to be a holographic zoo. He wants followers to earn money. Eternalhope is alzo zachary morris. He is right about a lot and has confidential news. But he mix it with lies. Thats how he runs his biz. But i know the one doing this petition is not enternalhope. The pattern is clearly not the same. Signing the petition does not hurt. And for what its worth we all want a sega console that is succesfull. Succesfull os the word.

So Eternalhope is Zach Morris? LOL!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2015, 05:36:23 pm »
Well now this:

http://kotaku.com/no-sega-isnt-launching-a-dreamcast-2-1749342080

Eternalhope isn't Zach Morris. It's Patrick Lawson Eternal Hope mentioned working for a hotel chain and Lawson apparently does as well, so it's probably him.

I can't believe this garbage is trending and people actually think it's being endorsed by SEGA. Crazy.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2015, 05:42:59 pm »
I guessed that Eternal Hope was Zack Morris when he first appeared and he denied it but said he knew him... I would not be surprised if it was him. He does this every few years, drums up hype from the frothing idiots and then when it all falls apart he disappears.

Last time I dealt with him personally and his followers... Last time he was trying to convince people that the Orbi was a SEGA console, and before that he was trying to convince people it was the RingEdge... And before that it was even more of a paper thin load of horseshit...

I like SEGA the way they are, I don't want or need a new console... I just want new, quality games, what matters more?
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2015, 05:50:36 pm »
Er, for those out of the loop, who's Zach Morris?

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2015, 05:51:22 pm »
"Except Dell/Alienware, there are virtually NO mainstream game companies trying their hand at PC rigs"

Did I not just mouth off like 5 or 6 different brands back on the other page that are well known?

Er, for those out of the loop, who's Zach Morris?

A guy who goes on Sega fansites every few years and posts vague trademarks and/or patents about something Sega has filed and drums up support for nonexistant Sega hardware.

Before this it was the Sega Orbi, and before that the Ringedge. He's been on the Official Sega forums, Sega-16, Dreamcast talk(actually it was because of him the entire rumors subsection of the site was closed down entirely) and creates various blogs to promote his cause.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 05:53:38 pm by JRcade19 »