Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 667774 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 01:49:17 pm »
The biggest question for me is what would be the ideal platform. With next gen coming it could either go massive power(ps4) or average power (WII U).

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 04:55:49 pm »
These days, PC seems more and more like the ideal platform to me.  Especially with the Oculus Rift coming out in the next year or so.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 05:36:01 pm »
That is a very good point. Can't believe how I always forget about PC as a possible platform for the series. While I would love so, I think it is unlikely SEGA's gonna go PC only. I think a lot of people wouldn't be too happy with that. I too feel that shenmue is very much a console experience. But I do think it could be multiplatform with PC.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:00:37 pm by CrazyTails »

3raser

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 12:59:26 am »
That is a very good point. Can't believe how I always forget about PC as a possible platform for the series. While I would love so, I think it is unlikely SEGA's gonna go PC only. I think a lot of people wouldn't be too happy with that. I too feel that shenmue is very much a console experience. But I do think it could be multiplatform with PC.

Most gaming companies would release a game for multiple consoles. Including PC, mobile phone, Xbox 360/One, PS3/4, and WiiU. I do not see why Sega would want to make it only for one console. It would not have much success that way.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 10:29:04 am »
The reason why I think itd be likely to be an exclusive is because of how careful they should've wanna be with the series. It's a valuable franchise with a big risk, so expecting a sort of partnership isnt too farfetched.

I also think shenmue as a multiplatform, expecting it to have a lot of attention to detail, is gonna require a lot of time to have it push every platform. If that wouldn't happen, one of the versions will end up being less good. I personally wouldn't like the franchise to be treated carelessly like that. 

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2013, 10:33:43 am »
Most gaming companies would release a game for multiple consoles. Including PC, mobile phone, Xbox 360/One, PS3/4, and WiiU. I do not see why Sega would want to make it only for one console. It would not have much success that way.
Same reason Sonic Lost World is Wii U exclusive: funding.

3raser

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2013, 09:53:26 pm »
Shenmue City was already released on iOS devices. It's not available anymore. It did not have much success. A console game would be better because of the following reasons:

1. No one has to know what Shenmue is to play it. Instead of typing it in a phone, they can see it in the store.

2. The controls are better.

3. Sega would make more money because mobile games are either free or cost very little per person.

If you are speaking of PC game, then that might work. They planned to make a Shenmue Online. It was cancelled. I think a PC game might be a good way to go. It's just that I would rather see a console game because I don't play many games with a computer. Most people don't. They either play console games or mobile games. Sega is not going to release a PC game to see if sales would be enough for a console game because a console game would make more money than a PC game would.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2013, 10:05:21 pm »
Exclusivity would be likely only because I doubt Shenmue III would ever happen without someone putting up the money for it, and of course that company would want the game exclusively on their system. 

3raser

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 01:22:50 am »
Exclusivity would be likely only because I doubt Shenmue III would ever happen without someone putting up the money for it, and of course that company would want the game exclusively on their system.

I might actually donate a lot money to Sega for them to make that game.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 09:05:31 am »
I might actually donate a lot money to Sega for them to make that game.
And this just shows how little you know about how much Shenmue III would cost to make. :V

Offline stang2712

• Total Meseta: 1
    • my deviantart
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:13 pm »
heres the thing about sega releasing shenmue three they would have to keep the save transfer in tact because without the save transfer shenmue isnt the same without that then it aint the same journey you were destined to have based on your decisions from the first game (or first two if your japanese or european) and they simply cant do that without packing in some magical piece of hardware that they would have to pack in either that or they would have to re-release the first two games to go along with the third

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 04:51:54 pm »
And this just shows how little you know about how much Shenmue III would cost to make. :V
Maybe he's filthy rich, you never know..

(being totally legit here, please nobody get mad, srs)
SEG4GES

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 06:05:47 pm »
heres the thing about sega releasing shenmue three they would have to keep the save transfer in tact because without the save transfer shenmue isnt the same without that then it aint the same journey you were destined to have based on your decisions from the first game (or first two if your japanese or european) and they simply cant do that without packing in some magical piece of hardware that they would have to pack in either that or they would have to re-release the first two games to go along with the third

I don't really remember them saying that the story would change based on your decisions, at least not to the extent that that was promised with something like Mass Effect.  I thought it was more just your fighting skill progression and various collections that you'd carry with you from chapter to chapter.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 08:37:16 pm »
I don't really remember them saying that the story would change based on your decisions, at least not to the extent that that was promised with something like Mass Effect.  I thought it was more just your fighting skill progression and various collections that you'd carry with you from chapter to chapter.
This.

The story is always the same. The only thing that carries on from one game to another are the items if I remember correctly.
Shenmue II on the Xbox is perfectly playable without playing the first one, so there should be no problem with Shen3
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2013, 08:54:19 pm »
I would be VERY happy if they did an official rerelease of both titles before they actually went on with shen 3.

I like collecting, so for me carrying over the items alone was a big deal for me, that's also why i didn't really like the xbox version aside from the pretty bad voice acting. Taking hang-on and space harrier games with me was always a big thing for me. The 1st game had its share of unique collectables you couldn't obtain in the 2nd like the forklifts from mark

Lol I remember in shenmue 2, i'd buy all the zippos before my bag and money got stolen by wong in my 2nd> playthrough. I'd spend every penny on whatever collectable being sold in that first part.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:26:30 pm by CrazyTails »