Author Topic: Sen-No-Kaizoku (The Pirate iOS game) Looks pretty damn great.  (Read 20231 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Sen-No-Kaizoku (The Pirate iOS game) Looks pretty damn great.
« on: September 05, 2015, 11:19:53 am »
I've been watching some gameplay of Sen-No-Kaizoku and honestly it looks spectacular... One of the best looking iSO games I have seen. A (boat) load of depth, Really nice graphics bolstered by a cartoony artstyle and a good attention to detail. Most importantly of all it looks really fun, especially the battles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z89H14UTnK4
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: Sen-No-Kaizoku (The Pirate iOS game) Looks pretty damn great.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:43:07 am »
Cheena said it had received a million download I think.

Masayoshi Kikuchi from Jet Set Radio to Yakuza to Sen No Kaizoku, the man just keeps getting more and more popular!

(For reals, I really liked the look of the game, excited to see this brought West.)

Offline Sharky

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 01:30:56 pm »
1 million isn't enough for this game... I hope it becomes one of SEGA's biggest money makers because it has a degree of quality above the rest.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 02:39:32 pm »
1 million isn't enough for this game... I hope it becomes one of SEGA's biggest money makers because it has a degree of quality above the rest.

1 million is really good for a Japan only release, it's almost guaranteed to reach Chain Chronicle levels of sales, if it's sustainable is another thing entirely. 

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 03:45:56 pm »
Why would it not be sustainable?
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 04:09:25 pm »
Why would it not be sustainable?

Next big thing comes up and gobbles up it's market, not enough enjoyable content, too limited, how well the F2P is handled etc.

In general SEGA seems to know how to manage the mobile market though since they're the second biggest out of the traditional game developers in Japan (Namco is number 5 overall, SEGA's number 6) so I do think they'll manage it fine. Much better than how either Capcom or Square Enix are coping.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 04:22:06 pm »
What has made Namco so big?
Made by SEGA

Offline NoirSuede

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 09:16:30 pm »
Tekken and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, infact these days every arcade store needs atleast 8 Maximum Tune machines to stay competitive.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 10:22:15 pm »

Tekken
.......eh......

Anyway, Bamco is making a ton of revenue with all those licensed games and with their star franchise: Gundam (there are like 5 different Gundam mobile games with a strong market position).

Don't worry about that 1 Million. They reach that number in less than a week and it has a strong position right now!!!

Also, Monster Gear has reached 3 Million since March 2015 and Hortensia Saga 2.5 Million since February 2015.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 07:19:24 am »
Tekken and Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune, infact these days every arcade store needs atleast 8 Maximum Tune machines to stay competitive.

Nah we were talking about mobile here. Those particular franchises have no major pull to the mobile crowd.

As Nirmugen pointed out, Namco uses a lot of licenses from Bandai, when you look at it, Gundam, Idolmasters and Godzilla... these games are made from Bandai 's licenses or made to promote their models.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 08:37:51 am »
Idolmaster is orginal from Namco.

But yeah Gundam just slams everything.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 02:21:59 am »
.......eh......

Tekken long since taken over VF for revenue in Japanese Arcades, sadly.

Anyway while the game looks nice its a complete waste of the best producer in SEGA and well one of the best game producers in Japan full stop . Also I do worry what impact this is having on SEGA Arcade divisions and are Japanese gamers now just having their Arcade thrills on the mobile and thinking I've not need to bother to the Arcade to play SEGA games any more and just mobile, never mind that most of here .. will never be able to play SEGA Mobile games or even import them

SEGA Arcade base in massive decline after controlling over 70% of the market . What reasons are SEGA giving people to go to the Arcades lately
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 05:03:42 am »
Namco beat Sega in "traditional" genres, that we think of in the arcades. Time Crisis vs. HotD, Tekken vs. VF, Wangan vs. Initial D

Shame really

Offline NoirSuede

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2015, 05:39:33 am »
Tekken long since taken over VF for revenue in Japanese Arcades, sadly.

Anyway while the game looks nice its a complete waste of the best producer in SEGA and well one of the best game producers in Japan full stop . Also I do worry what impact this is having on SEGA Arcade divisions and are Japanese gamers now just having their Arcade thrills on the mobile and thinking I've not need to bother to the Arcade to play SEGA games any more and just mobile, never mind that most of here .. will never be able to play SEGA Mobile games or even import them

SEGA Arcade base in massive decline after controlling over 70% of the market . What reasons are SEGA giving people to go to the Arcades lately
The biggest problem is that in this decade, Sega has localized exactly 2 arcade games, Operation GHOST and maimai. And no, they don't need to localize to the west or anything, but they desperately need to localize all of their arcade games (like Border Break) for the MASSIVE Asian market, which is where Namco's is at their strongest right now.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2015, 05:48:38 am »
Didnt Sega have success in the Asian market with card games?