Author Topic: Yakuza 5  (Read 32508 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: Yakuza 5
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2016, 03:00:28 am »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 07:15:42 pm »
Finally getting going now that I've installed a new HDD in my PS3! I've noticed while running around Fukuoka, there is occasionally a little notification sound and the radar flashes pink. I figured it was something like the locker keys from previous games, but I looked all around and couldn't figure out what it was referencing or how to engage with it. Anybody know what's up with that? Sorry if it's been discussed before but I was avoiding spoilers so I haven't read the last page of this thread.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 07:19:12 pm »
I think that's just the mini-map letting you know that you're in range of the target (in pink).

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 07:48:45 pm »
Finally getting going now that I've installed a new HDD in my PS3! I've noticed while running around Fukuoka, there is occasionally a little notification sound and the radar flashes pink. I figured it was something like the locker keys from previous games, but I looked all around and couldn't figure out what it was referencing or how to engage with it. Anybody know what's up with that? Sorry if it's been discussed before but I was avoiding spoilers so I haven't read the last page of this thread.

Yeah just means you're within range of your destination.

Nice review by the way, George.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 09:43:11 pm »
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks!

Offline George

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 04:39:55 pm »
Yeah just means you're within range of your destination.

Nice review by the way, George.
Thanks bro.

Yeah what Ben says, It always surprises me for some reason. Like what!? DID I MISS SOMETHING?!

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 08:27:05 pm »
Yakuza 5 could have been so much better. If the story was good, then I would have considered it the best. I give the storyline a four out of ten. Sega used some of the same story elements from the last Yakuza game. Yakuza 3 is still my favorite in the series by far.

Offline Ben

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2016, 12:56:32 pm »
I personally thought the story was a step up from parts 3 and 4 but still behind the plots of the first 2. (Kinda my thoughts on Yakuza 5 in general, actually.)

Anyone interested in my final thoughts on Yakuza 5 can check them out here;

http://nintendosega54.blogspot.com/2016/01/in-spite-of-it-all-time-really-does-fly.html

Offline Centrale

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2016, 02:31:12 pm »
I was surprised to see readable manga in the M convenience store... then I noticed Concept of Love was playing in the store!

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2016, 02:44:53 pm »
I was surprised to see readable manga in the M convenience store... then I noticed Concept of Love was playing in the store!

The bars/poolhalls rotate various Sega music in the background too. I know one of them is the option screen theme for a game and it sounds great. I just can't for the life of me remember which game it's from.

Maybe I'll have a listen to the whole rotation and list out the ones I know, so that maybe someone here can trainspot the one I forgot. 

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2016, 03:55:07 pm »
Anyone seen Yu Suzuki displayed in one of the resteraunts? I think you see it after the first race against one of the devil killers. 

Offline Centrale

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2016, 05:48:47 pm »
Anyone seen Yu Suzuki displayed in one of the resteraunts? I think you see it after the first race against one of the devil killers. 

I noticed that too and thought it was Yu Suzuki. Looks like he's holding a fish he caught, so I also thought it might be the Tuna King. But it sure looks like Suzuki.

Offline George

« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »
Yeah this game has a ton of SEGA love in it. I also saw the photo and thought it was Suzuki.

Offline Ben

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2016, 12:14:04 am »
I recognized Dreams of an Absolution from Sonic '06 lol.

Used to love that song.  :afroman:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:42:32 am by Ben »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2016, 02:11:59 am »
I noticed that too and thought it was Yu Suzuki. Looks like he's holding a fish he caught, so I also thought it might be the Tuna King. But it sure looks like Suzuki.
Yeah this game has a ton of SEGA love in it. I also saw the photo and thought it was Suzuki.
So it wasnt just me then. The SEGA love is nice indeed. Its a pretty old game already with the late localization, but it feels i havent played a SEGA game like this in ages... Really digging this game.  My only gripe is probably a personal one. I like it when gameplay is constant for a long period time, but its in the nature of a narrative driven game like this. It feels like you go through a lot of pauzes in between everything that I sometimes get distracted