Author Topic: So about this Make war not love thing  (Read 20848 times)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: So about this Make war not love thing
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2016, 12:35:04 pm »
Got mine, too!

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2016, 01:43:25 pm »
Me three!

Got Tembo and Protocol on discount too.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »
Me... nope. Nothing yet...

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2016, 03:54:53 pm »
By some miracle, I managed to install Renegade Ops and Binary Domain. Haven't played Binary yet, but Renegade Ops is freakin' sweet! It's hard as hell and I love that it's unabashedly over-the-top but it's not driven into the ground. The controls kinda suck though...a car just doesn't perform nearly as well as a person does in a twin-stick. I find myself getting stuck and taking hits I was trying to avoid very frequently. But what the hell, no one told me I could play as Gordon Freeman in the goddamn jalopy summoning antlions up out of the ground. It's only a matter of time before Portal somehow crossovers with a SEGA property...

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2016, 04:11:51 pm »
Just a note if you've never played Binary Domain on PC, getting the controller to work on it is a right pain. You're suppose to open the config setup and change it to what you want. It doesn't work. As soon as you close the config setup, it'll forget it once you start the game. Here's my strange, but it works method.

UNPLUG the controller
Start the config file and PLUG the controller in.
Set it to the controller and whatever other settings you want.
Save and quit
UNPLUG the controller
Start up the game and wait till the title screen shows
PLUG the controller in
It will work, but doesn't always map correctly. If that's the case, simply unplug and plug in the controller till it does. It usually works after 2 attempts.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:13:53 pm by Tad »

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2016, 03:25:31 pm »
Thoughts on Binary Domain so far:

-This game controls super weirdly and I can't say I'm a huge fan. The sprint button being the same as the 'take cover' button is something I will probably never get used to. The aiming feels floaty (on mouse and keyboard here with sensitivity turned down), the weapon setup is not at all to my liking, and i had to rebind some pretty standard actions to their standard buttons (having to rebind reload to 'R' is probably not a good thing). It doesn't help that the button prompts can get confusing. The button to open the voice command menus is 'Tab' but the prompt looks like nothing on my keyboard. And the reason I had to rebind reload in the first place is because the tutorial told me to press 'M'. It meant the mouse. And even then, it mean to click the mouse wheel. That is the single most confusing button prompt I've ever seen (doesn't help that it looked exactly like a keyboard prompt.)

-This game is stupid as HELL. I have respect for any game that is so dedicated to being dumb, that when you and your partner get caught, he decides it's a good time to sit around and have a real-time tutorial all while under fire from enemies. The dialogue is stupid, the animations are stupid (good lord the blind fire animations had me in stitches), the humor is stupid, so far it's just enjoyably ridiculous and I love it.

-Can't tell if I'm a fan of the voice gimmick. I don't use a mic bc I don't have one right now, but they seem to really want me to use this thing. Bringing up Tab to issue commands is a little cumbersome, so I wonder if using the mic is actually better. I'm very interested to know what commands it takes; does it only take the commands listed by tab, or will synonyms do? What if you just say 'fuck' into the mic, will that have an effect?

-Wasn't a fan of the 'don't shoot your troops or else they won't trust you' thing as soon as I heard about. In every game I play with a companion, there's always points where they just decide to walk in front of me while I'm shooting, and Binary Domain is no different. It's extremely frustrating for the game to punish me for something that was entirely out of my control.

I've only played a half-hour according to Steam, so I'll have to dedicate more time to it soon. But for now, consider me a fan just for the unabashed over-the-topness and dedication to being silly.