Author Topic: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!  (Read 66293 times)

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
Re: Ben Plato's 2014 Niche Dreamcast 2 petition suddenly picks up Steam!!
« Reply #120 on: December 24, 2015, 12:14:52 pm »
http://thegg.net/interviews/q-and-a-interview-with-bertie-wiseman-and-ben-plato-about-project-dream/

Can't stand the exposure this is getting.

Hmm.. I read through that entire interview and found nothing that offends me as a fan. It seems like an honest venture. They shot down the kickstarter rumors that could have been interpreted as swindling. After reading that interview, what about this should I be mad at?

If anything at least it gets people talking about a future Sega console which I think we all want.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2015, 02:00:24 pm »
Yeah, you're right, nothing wrong with the interview.

I still don't trust these guys though. Not to mention there was a recent update on their change.org petition that stated they would be using crowdfunding to make this happen if Sega doesn't endorse it.. Sketchy.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2015, 03:03:06 pm »
You see guys this thing makes sense. Because it's NICHE

You hear, lets all say with all caps

NICHE

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2015, 03:06:32 pm »
I could tell you all the emails I got from the people behind this project (too many) but it's Christmas so I'm not going to pay attention to it.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2015, 04:50:50 pm »
These people don't know what they are doing, period. This isn't going to be a official product and if it is it will fail. That is all I have to say regarding this product.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2015, 05:35:21 pm »
Hmm.. alright, Devil's Advocate checking in here:

If anybody tries anything related to a DC revival, successor, hybrid whatever, is it really so bad? I would kinda prefer bat-shit crazy attempts at no-win scenarios than total silence.

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2015, 08:31:59 pm »
Hmm.. alright, Devil's Advocate checking in here:

If anybody tries anything related to a DC revival, successor, hybrid whatever, is it really so bad? I would kinda prefer bat-shit crazy attempts at no-win scenarios than total silence.
While that's cute and all that, there's a fatal problem.

It's being run by a complete stranger who has a history of being a sleazeball.

It would be one thing if this was being done by someone that has a connection to SEGA, or hell at least has experience with hardware development and marketing, but this isn't the case.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #127 on: December 25, 2015, 12:41:15 pm »
Personally I don't like someone trying to take the good name of a company and appropriating it for some half-baked, low quality idea. I don't like it with a defunct company like Atari, having that name controlled (albeit legally) by a bunch of no-talent people exploiting the good name and hard work of brilliant engineers and programmers and designers. And I sure don't like it when it's people trying to do it with a company that still exists, like Sega.

There is a grey market for unlicensed consoles like the Retron series. They don't try to claim any affiliation with Nintendo or Sega, and at least they have the wherewithal to make a real product.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2015, 01:23:01 pm »
So apparently Lawson has been banned and removed from Project Dream for spreading false information, lol!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2015, 01:26:48 pm »
When you say "project" you mean delusion. Right?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2015, 03:59:20 pm »
So apparently Lawson has been banned and removed from Project Dream for spreading false information, lol!

Your welcome.

Basically he was on the facebook, telling everyone there was going to be Kick Starter, where people are asked to pay money to their group to show their support of a new SEGA console... Aka prove your love by paying us and I called him out and he told me that I was being respectful and I would be banned from the group... What he didn't know is that, I'm pretty connected and it turns out I know quite a few of the people on this project thing... And I told them just what I thought of the project and this kick starter idea... Apparently nobody else had heard of it and quicky he was removed.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2015, 04:22:47 pm »
What's weird is that following my op-ed I posted, Bertie Wiseman reached out to me and told me Patrick was messing things up for them and he was being kicked off the project. What I don't get is was he on the project to begin with? Or was he all talk and faking his role?

Anyway, Bertie Wiseman seemed upset that I never warned him of Patrick Lawson despite the fact that all I knew of the project was that Patrick was apparently the lead. Kind of hard to warn people when said people don't do a good job making themselves known.

Until they straighten their shit out, stop being all talk and petitions, and show some real proof that they can do what they propose, I'm ignoring them for the time being. Last thing I want is to be wrapped up in their whole thing.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2015, 04:46:23 pm »
From what I understand he introduced himself to them, talked the big talk he was talking on here and they thought he seemed legit and invited him onto the project and he seemed to take over and do his own thing without asking anyone.

When I tried to tell them what he was doing seemed like a scam he tried to discredit me by saying I was 'The admin of Shenmue 500k' and just trying to derail their project. (A group I have no links too at all btw.) But basically they've had a run-in with those guys so it was a way to throw doubt on me.

Anyway, I showed Bertie Wiseman and Joanne some articles of mine from SEGAbits to prove who I was and said this guy seems like a scammer and reminds me of Zack Morris. After that he believed me and asked me to change Barry's article and I told him to contact Barry but don't expect it to change until the whole thing seems legit.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:54:54 pm by Sharky »
Made by SEGA

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2015, 04:52:11 pm »
Jesus. I never thought it went this far!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #134 on: December 30, 2015, 05:16:52 pm »
Huh, I was never asked to change the article.

Anyway, I've checked out the latest version of the website and fuck me... so many trademarked logos... http://www.projectdream.co/

I mean, what the fuck? I told Bertie they had a SEGA logo with a ™ and he apologized and said that was there before he took over as site admin. He said he'd remove it.

Now the site has the SEGA theme, the logo with a trademark, several Dreamcast logos, screens of SEGA games, Shenmue III logos and screens, mock-ups of a console that they did not create (to my knowledge). So.... what is up with them? They say they will do it properly, and then they up and launch a site with tons of stuff they don't own the rights to.

I know I've been a stickler about unofficial groups using SEGA's logo for profit and potential profit before, but it's only because I know SEGA well enough that when they see that, they either send C&D's or they blacklist the group. I cannot see SEGA giving them the time of day when they use so many logos and things that they do not own. Keep that stuff for a proof of concept that you show only to SEGA behind closed doors should you get a meeting with them. Don't flaunt it like that on a website and act like its all but decided that SEGA is onboard.