Author Topic: 16-Bit Blast Processing Heroes - Ecco, Vectorman, Ristar, Kid Chameleon, etc  (Read 159353 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Blast Processing Heroes - Ecco, Vectorman, Ristar, Kid Chameleon, etc
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2021, 08:45:28 pm »
Panorama Cotton, Cotton Guardian Force Saturn Tribute, and Cotton 100%  coming west in 2021

Panorama Cotton, originally published in 1994, introduces a fresh, new gameplay design into the Cotton franchise. The “pseudo 3D” shoot ‘em up was considered a technical prodigy when it was released on the Mega Drive.
Panorama Cotton
will be available for digital download from the online store coming from ININ Games, and Strictly Limited Games as Limited and Collector’s Edition.

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/cotton-guardian-force-saturn-tribute-cotton-100-and-panorama-cotton-coming-west-in-2021

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2021, 08:59:54 pm »
The Steam Classic Collection only contains first party games with SEGA franchises.
Such a shame since SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis Mini contains many games from third parties and non SEGA franchises.

Link : http://segabits.com/blog/2019/08/08/new-showcase-trailer-for-sega-genesis-mini-revealed/
I really wish Sega will update Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics. Especially be great if they had Master System games for it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2021, 09:09:40 pm »
I really wish Sega will update Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Classics. Especially be great if they had Master System games for it.

Lost Judgment is the closest we got to Master System Collection.
I mean.. the game has 12 SEGA Master System games in it.

1. Alex Kidd in Miracle World (1986)
2. Fantasy Zone (1986)
3. Penguin Land (1987)
4. Quartet (1987)
5. Enduro Racer (1987)
6. Woody Pop (1987)
7. Maze Hunter 3-D (1988)
8. Secret Command (1986)
9. Sagaia, also known as Darius 2 (1989, 1991)
10. Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa (1987)
11. Alien Syndrome (1987)
12. Global Defense (1987)

Link : https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/20/the-classic-sega-games-of-lost-judgment/

And it even has the closest to HotD game we got this year, Hama of the Dead.

Too bad that this game won't be coming to Steam because of ... reason.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2021, 09:12:43 pm »
Lost Judgment is the closest we got to Master System Collection.
I mean.. the game has 12 SEGA Master System games in it.

1. Alex Kidd in Miracle World (1986)
2. Fantasy Zone (1986)
3. Penguin Land (1987)
4. Quartet (1987)
5. Enduro Racer (1987)
6. Woody Pop (1987)
7. Maze Hunter 3-D (1988)
8. Secret Command (1986)
9. Sagaia, also known as Darius 2 (1989, 1991)
10. Fantasy Zone II: The Tears of Opa-Opa (1987)
11. Alien Syndrome (1987)
12. Global Defense (1987)

Link : https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/20/the-classic-sega-games-of-lost-judgment/

And it even has the closest to HotD game we got this year, Hama of the Dead.

Too bad that this game won't be coming to Steam because of ... reason.
Dang, all that and a game about japanese side crimes added to it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2021, 09:44:01 pm »
Dang, all that and a game about japanese side crimes added to it.

LMAO, your funny comment reminded me of Garfield: Caught in the Act.
The game has a bonus whack-a-mole mini game that I played more than the main game itself.
The six button controller needed of course to enjoy the game fully since it has 6 holes.
It could be played imidiately from Option Menu without having played the main game.
It's like the game itself is a funny Garfield whack-a-mole and platformer levels added to it.

Link : https://www.sega-16.com/2005/03/garfield-caught-in-the-act/

When my friends come and they want a quick game that could be played 5-10 minutes, I always pick this.
It always bring laughter since the whack-a-mole game supposed to be easy, but this one is not since the character that we can't hit is always changed everytime we started the game.

Same thing happened with Sonic and the Secret Rings.
I played the Party mode (contains many mini games that is similar to the Mario Party games) more than the main game itself.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2021, 09:50:38 pm »
LMAO, your funny comment reminded me of Garfield: Caught in the Act.
The game has a bonus whack-a-mole mini game that I played more than the main game itself.
The six button controller needed of course to enjoy the game fully since it has 6 holes.
It could be played imidiately from Option Menu without having played the main game.
It's like the game itself is a funny Garfield whack-a-mole and platformer levels added to it.

Link : https://www.sega-16.com/2005/03/garfield-caught-in-the-act/

When my friends come and they want a quick game that could be played 5-10 minutes, I always pick this.
It always bring laughter since the whack-a-mole game supposed to be easy, but this one is not since the character that we can't hit is always changed everytime we started the game.

Same thing happened with Sonic and the Secret Rings.
I played the Party mode (contains many mini games that is similar to the Mario Party games) more than the main game itself.

It's funny when people prefer the side-game itself over the main game to the point the main game is just a side-bonus. But at the same time shows how marketable a game could be.

I mean heck I think the Fortnite we know today was the free version of a Fortnite game which had a story campaign that gives more lore to the purple storm or something.

It's why I think the next Sonic game needs an "Avatar Battle Mode". Because when players are done with the story and put the book back on the shelf then the online mode can be played indefinitely.

Offline Berto

« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2021, 10:01:52 pm »
It's why I think the next Sonic game needs an "Avatar Battle Mode". Because when players are done with the story and put the book back on the shelf then the online mode can be played indefinitely.

Definitely.
It'll be like PSO2 players who love to customize their characters more than playing the actual game.
At least my kids like that too.
They love to customize Buddy more than playing Sonic Forces.
And love to customize cars more than playing Team Sonic Racing.
The unlockable things that can be used to customize made them played the main game.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2021, 10:07:41 pm »
Ebony's one of my fave StC characters.

But yeah, an "Avatar Battle Mode" as I call it would be great. Especially if it's expanded to be like the standard MMO-set up for PSO games.

Offline Berto

« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2021, 12:07:14 am »
Yup, as long as there's no microtransaction involved of course.

Offline Berto

« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2021, 12:09:24 am »
Panorama Cotton - One of the most technically impressive games on the Mega Drive

It’s a gorgeous game right from the get-go, as the first level begins with Cotton flying through the sky and slowing descending to fly along the ground.
Along the earth is a river which zigs and zags with glowing pastel colors, complete with rock formations you can fly under to grab bonus points.
Near the middle of the stage, the ground gives out to reveal a canyon, and you’ll fly down and straight into a waterfall, through a long corridor with several branching routes, before culminating in a boss fight.

Article : http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/panorama-cotton/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2021, 12:00:24 pm »
Yup, as long as there's no microtransaction involved of course.
While I am a F2Per I don't mind micro-transactions as long as it doesn't divide the Free-To-Players. PSO2 is pretty much the only MMOG I've played that didn't felt a great divide between Payers and F2Pers nor any superiority complex between the two. Plus if Avatar Battle Mode will have MMO hub areas (such as PSO2s lobby, shopping and café) then those servers will have costs for maintanance. So freemium transactions are suppose to cover that.

I can imagine Sonic Tokens being reintroduce as the games Star Gems.

Other than that I can imagine Avatar Battle Mode and Sonic's game being seperate save for S-Ranks and Red Star Rings which might reward the Avatar. Avatar and Sonic's "bank" can probably be shared as well.

I've actually written extensive ideas on how "Avatar Battle Mode" can work ranging from it being standard competitive matches like Team Fortress 2 or a full on social MMOG like Phantasy Star Online 2.

Offline Berto

« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »
Shared Sonic's bank sounds cool.

Red Star Rings... I kinda got tired of them now..
Collecting them in Sonic Color Ultimate just to be Super Sonic is kinda tiring for my age now.
That's not the case when I play Wii version back then, so I still think it's still appealing for the youngers.

Offline Berto

« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2021, 08:12:54 pm »
New Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack Membership lets you play N64 and SEGA Genesis games

The SEGA Genesis will launch with the following games:

– Castlevania: Bloodlines
– Contra Hard Corps
– Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
– Ecco the Dolphin
– Golden Axe
– Gunstar Heroes
– MUSHA
– Phantasy Star IV
– Ristar
– Shining Force
– Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
– Sonic the Hedgehog 2
– Streets of Rage 2
– Strider 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/09/23/new-nintendo-switch-online-expansion-pack-membership-lets-you-play-n64-and-sega-genesis-games/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2021, 09:20:45 pm »
Shared Sonic's bank sounds cool.

Red Star Rings... I kinda got tired of them now..
Collecting them in Sonic Color Ultimate just to be Super Sonic is kinda tiring for my age now.
That's not the case when I play Wii version back then, so I still think it's still appealing for the youngers.
What Sonic Forces did right with both S-Ranks and Red Star Rings was that they offered more rewards for them.

In previous Sonic games, getting S-Ranks and all the Red Star Rings was more of an accomplishment of talent than anything else. I can't recall if they unlock anything else. But in Forces if you finish a stage you get Avatar stuff. If you get an S-Rank you get better Avatar stuff. If you get Red Star Rings then even better Avatar stuff. It gave me more incentive to replay the stages and try harder even if the levels were piss easy. Sonic Forces has done some things right and actually rewarding for effort is one of them. So I'd say earning Red Star Rings will offer some Sonic Tokens for the player to but things for their Avatars. That or Red Star Rings are a currency to Avatars or something. That could work instead of Sonic Tokens, just Red Star Rings for more exclusive items.

Offline Berto

« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2021, 09:53:05 pm »
What Sonic Forces did right with both S-Ranks and Red Star Rings was that they offered more rewards for them.

In previous Sonic games, getting S-Ranks and all the Red Star Rings was more of an accomplishment of talent than anything else. I can't recall if they unlock anything else. But in Forces if you finish a stage you get Avatar stuff. If you get an S-Rank you get better Avatar stuff. If you get Red Star Rings then even better Avatar stuff. It gave me more incentive to replay the stages and try harder even if the levels were piss easy. Sonic Forces has done some things right and actually rewarding for effort is one of them. So I'd say earning Red Star Rings will offer some Sonic Tokens for the player to but things for their Avatars. That or Red Star Rings are a currency to Avatars or something. That could work instead of Sonic Tokens, just Red Star Rings for more exclusive items.

Red Star Rings as a currency, that's what's on one (or more) of Sonic mobile games.
I forgot which one, Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom I think.

In Sonic Colors (both OG and Ultimate), getting Red Star Rings unlock a stage too.
A 2D stage with lego-like background, sometimes changing into 3D, called Game Land.
There are 21 stages of them.
7 are available in the beginning and the other 14 had to be cleared by getting about 10 Red Stars each.
The stages are kinda fun for me who prefer 2D Sonic over 3D Sonic, but I already played them in Wii version.