Author Topic: Megaton Imminent: New Publisher Coming to GOG  (Read 3079 times)

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Megaton Imminent: New Publisher Coming to GOG
« on: October 24, 2014, 09:49:25 am »
A month ago Gamespot posted an interview with Guillaume Rambourg, it was both revealed that GOG was establishing a base of operations in North America and that they were getting to sign a publisher a new huge publisher.

I also saw that you're going to make a bigger push into North America. What is this going to entail? And at what point in this expansion are you at right now?In Europe, it's quite simple right now. This is where we are based, and we can easily travel to any indie developer in Europe to talk about their games, how we can bring them to GOG. So we have a really good connection with European publishers and developers. The thing is, in North America, while we obviously go there for E3 and GDC, but that's like two or three times per year. And we have to be there to be closer to existing and potential new partners. We want to talk to them, make sure they understand the way we work; we want them to join the DRM-free movement and give us the opportunity to sign their games. So this is the main purpose of the office. The office is being established right now. It has been incorporated, and now we have to start recruiting the first settlers, if I may say, and start a GOG colony in North America.
That's going to be based in California?
Yes, it's going to based in LA; Venice, to be precise.
And what is your target date for starting that up?
This autumn.

Lastly, we've already talked about the first six years of GOG, but where do you think GOG might go in the next six years?
Whoa. That's a vast question. I can tell you about the next 12 months, but I cannot tell you about the next six years because digital is moving forward so fast, so quickly, that it's even hard for us to follow sometimes. But in the near future, so first of all GOG Galaxy; in the near future there's going to be the optional client which we are finalizing right now. There will be a couple modern games coming to GOG such as Wasteland 2, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, which is developed by our Polish friends The Astronauts; there's gonna be Pillars of Eternity, and a few more GOG Galaxy games. There is one last thing coming up hopefully before the end of the year. This is at the top of my to-do list right now. I have a pretty substantial deal in my inbox right now, which I need to finalize. It's going to be a deal for classic games on GOG with a major publisher, and that publisher has many games which are at the very top or in the middle of GOG's wish list. So if we sign that one, we will fulfill many wishes in the coming months.
I'm guessing you're not going to give any teases about who that might be…
I cannot tell you who that's gonna be, but I can tell you something else. We have more or less three major publishers missing when it comes to classic games. There is Microsoft, there is Disney, and finally, there is Take-Two. It's one of these [laughs].
Well the countdown has begun on their splash page.
Obligatory GAF companion thread

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Megaton Imminent: New Publisher Coming to GOG
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 10:05:52 am »
Ohhhh, I would probably want it to be Take 2 more than MS or Disney. Mafia 1 on GOG!? YES PLEASE.
Not to mention the old Xcom games and the like.

Offline Bartman3010

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:01:33 pm »
Evidence is strongly suggesting that its LucasArts. People have already uncovered graphics from the count down that suggest Indiana Jones, Star Wars and Monkey Island.

If this really is the case, Disney has been surprisingly...good about the license. The fact that Grim Fandango HD is actually a thing is already surprising.

That said, I still await the day that Sam and Max Hit the Road is given another chance through digital distribution.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 09:02:34 am »
IT HAPPENED

http://www.gog.com/news/new_publisher_disney_interactivelucasfilm

The day has finally come and the holy grail of classic gaming has arrived on GOG.com. Welcome, Lucasfilm games! You are among friends, here! We're proud to announce our team-up with ©Disney Interactive that allows for the DRM-free release of 20+ classic titles from the cult-classic developer. We know you waited long for this moment, so we want to reunite you with those golden oldies with as little delay as possible. Today, to start with a bang, we are releasing a selection of 6 acclaimed titles from Lucasfilm's most famous gaming franchises, so that the Lucasfilm/Disney catalog on GOG.com is made impressive from day one.

Here are the great titles you can get right away:
 Star Wars™: X-Wing Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Star Wars™: TIE Fighter Special Edition - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
Sam & Max Hit the Road (Windows + Mac + Linux!) - digital distribution debut, on GOG.com!
The Secret of Monkey Island™: Special EditionIndiana Jones® and the Fate of Atlantis™ (Windows + Mac + Linux!)
Star Wars®: Knights of the Old Republic
Note that numerous Lucas titles, including 3 from the launch lineup (Star Wars®: X-Wing Special Edition, Star Wars®: TIE Fighter Special Edition, Sam & Max Hit the Road), are available digitally for the first time ever, ready to play with no fuss on modern operating systems. With more fantastic titles headed for our Lucasfilm/Disney catalog, you can expect to see Lucasfilm games popping up frequently on GOG.com in the coming months.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:37:49 am »
SAM AND MOTHERFUCKING MAX!

TIE FIGHTER!

THAT INDIANA JONES GAME I'VE NEVER PLAYED BUT REALLY WANTED TO FOR A LONG-ASS TIME.

BASED GOG.COM

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:56:18 am »
ALL WORKING OR RECONFIGURED TO DO SO ON MODERN OS'S