Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I think Ryo looks great. Shenhua doesn't look quite right. The backgrounds and environments are looking beautiful as well. Project starting to derail? BS. Let's see what they show at Gamescom next week.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sonic Mania turns out great!
« Last post by Centrale on Today at 03:30:13 pm »
What the hell does this have anything to do with trolling SEGA here?

Your meaning is unclear. I think a better question is, what does Nintendo have to do with Sonic Mania?
The original Shenmue games balooned out of budget and control (obviously creating a masterpiece) so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this project starting to derail.
The volcanic Caves of Kvika are here! Check out the 10th episode of our Dev Diaries, where we reveal all the little tributes Xenocider pays to Sega classics! From Sonic to Shinobi to Streets of Rage!

http://retrosumus.com/2017/08/dev-diaries-10-xenocider-dreamcast-caves-kvika/

https://youtu.be/rM-TxNAQCLk
https://twitter.com/SEGAbits/status/898086805978755072

Bit concerning that they still can't get the characters to look right. After this long into development the main characters should be spot on. This is just more photoshop nonsense.
General SEGA Discussion / Re: Sonic Mania turns out great!
« Last post by Artwark on Today at 12:26:14 am »
Dude, you've got a history of trolling on this forum and it looks like you're getting up to old tricks. It's laughable to try and assert that Nintendo is somehow more of a risk-taking innovator than Sega... particularly on a Sega forum.

When I said that not everyone has to innovate like Nintendo, I meant that those who think that SEGA makes games that aren't fresh are wrong. They don't always have to innovate and they don't always have to feel fresh.

That's what I meant by that since a lot of people believe that Nintendo tends to do lots of gimmicks to their consoles and IPs which are not needed always.

What the hell does this have anything to do with trolling SEGA here?

Everything Else / Re: Bad movies that are still entertaining to watch...
« Last post by Shun-Di on August 16, 2017, 06:38:04 pm »
Batman & Robin
I Dreamed Of Africa
Lock Up
Mega Piranha
Napoleon Dynamite
Scary Movie 3
Suicide Squad
Weekend At Bernie's

Batman and Robin definetely had that 90s meets 60s Batman TV show cheesyness to it.  90s gave us the best and worst of Batman. 

Napoleon Dynamite was my favorite movie back in high school, whether or not it was intended to be a comedy, we did nothing but quote that movie all year.  XD
Everything Else / Re: Bad movies that are still entertaining to watch...
« Last post by Shun-Di on August 16, 2017, 06:35:47 pm »
90's Godzilla

It's bad, but it was on TV the other day and I kind of had it on in the background. It's just as cheesy as the old Godzilla films so I can't see why people would take issue with that, but I think the real problem with it is the lack of reason for Godzilla to even be there. It really struggled without another monster for it to fight and just sort of trails off to being about Godzilla's babies.

Interestingly though, I've not wanted to or had any desire to watch the 2010 version since it was released. I found it okay, but the 2+ hour film just drags out the same basic plot, but with wooden acting and only 11 minutes of screen time for the monster itself.

Like shooting fish in a barrel, eh?  :p
Gaming / Re: Random gaming thoughts.
« Last post by Shun-Di on August 16, 2017, 05:24:44 pm »
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 are just as hard in the remakes as they are in the original games.  It's more like just the aesthetics were improved and that's it.  Controls feel slightly different, but it's pretty much the same games.  Honestly though I do prefer the PS1 originals.   It's nice that all 3 are in one collection so I can't argue with that.  It's a good deal.  Now if only we could get CTR.  :)  Word on the street is Spyro is coming back too.   Between Sonic, Crash, Spyro, and Bubsy, (even Yooka Laylee to a certain extent) it seems like 3d mascot platformers are making a comeback.   Yeah they are challenging, but they're fun.  I really don't see why so many people are complaining about the difficulty.  I mean yeah I died in Crash alot as a kid.  But I got better the more I played them.  Same for Sonic Mania even though it's 2D.  It's got some good old school challenges.  I can't wait until people start speed running that game.  It's gonna be amazing! 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10