Author Topic: Random gaming thoughts.  (Read 21491 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Random gaming thoughts.
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 09:57:01 am »
Yea I feel you.

I was the same, but when I got married I gravitated back to console gaming, mainly because I don't enjoy being alone on the computer.
In fact, most PC exclusive games run on toasters anyway.. I'm begging to feel the gaming PC concept will devalue in time, when most machines will run anything.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 10:11:11 am »
The PC market is sort of weird. It's numbers are soild and I suspect they'll sort of stick around the current numbers, but the hardware sector has really slowed down in the last few years. This is good for people to pick up a PC that can pretty much play anything, but for gaming in general it's quite a bad thing. PC hardware eventually drops cheap enough that it'll be in the next console, but even with AMD's new Ryzen CPU's being rolled out, we've only seen a small amount of movement in prices really.

Offline Tad

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »
Mania and Forces has got me in the mood to play Sonic, so I've replayed the main three. Apart from the odd bad enemy placement I've enjoyed them, but the special stages...I don't know what it is about them, but I just don't like any of them. They're unforgiving, painful at times and just frustrating when just missing one can ruin the entire game.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2017, 07:35:23 am »
git gud!
Play Sonic Pocket Adventure
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2017, 02:34:57 pm »
Been trying for ages, but stupid little things end up throwing me out of the stages. Things completely out of my control and it quickly gets annoying.

Offline Tad

« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2017, 09:40:16 am »
Okay, I'm finally getting to grips with it now. Not sure why, but side scrollers can either click with me or not at random times. Still find it annoying how (not just Sonic) you can die from something out of your control mind.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2017, 07:07:48 pm »
Unpopular Opinion:  Sonic Labyrinth is not that bad.  It's playable.  People are just impatient and want to run all the time.  It plays more like Sonic 3D Blast and that's ok.
Be like water.

Offline Tad

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2017, 01:45:54 am »
Someone finally admitted it: https://youtu.be/97tfphFX-Lc

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2017, 10:07:28 am »
Twilight Princess was my last zelda game.  It wasn't my favorite entry and every zelda after just did not appeal to me at all.  For that matter the gamecube was my last nintendo console.  It also had Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.  HINT HINT, SEGA.
Be like water.

Offline Tad

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2017, 12:30:26 pm »
Can't say I've enjoyed any Zelda game after Wind Waker personally. TP and SS had some awful design choices while Breath of the Wild's open world design just doesn't interest me. I used to like Nintendo for Starfox, Zelda, Pokèmon and Rare, but they've pretty much destroyed all of them, so I have little reason to bother with them now. Not a fan of Smash and I've found every Mario game really bland and lacking that creative spark that makes it different to other platformers.

Offline Tad

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2017, 04:32:52 pm »
Hey Shun-Di,

Have you played any point & click games you'd recommend lately? The last two I was looking forward to (Silence and Syberia 3) have sort of landed with a thud instead of the elegant dismount I had hoped for.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2017, 07:23:10 pm »
Hey Shun-Di,

Have you played any point & click games you'd recommend lately? The last two I was looking forward to (Silence and Syberia 3) have sort of landed with a thud instead of the elegant dismount I had hoped for.

I dunno about new, but i have heard about some on handheld, like 999 (more like a visual novel) and Hotel Dusk for nintendo ds(sorta a point n click mystery game that's also kind of a visual novel...), Broken Sword series and Blazing Dragons for PS1, Snatcher and Policenauts, there is a remake of Maniac Mansion in the works, Victor Vector and Yondo series for PC/Mac (you'll need dosbox and prolly scummvm?  it covers a lot of adventure games, but i think the Victor Vector series was made in Canada...)  Telltale makes em still, but not as deep as lucasarts's golden oldies.  I mean yeah stuff like walking dead offers multiple choice sorta, like choose your own adventure books almost.... ALMOST.  Batman had one, Back to the Future had one, Strong Bad had one, Jurassic Park did i think?  Game of Thrones.....meh.  There's supposed to be another franchise they are adapting but I forgot which.  haven't played any of their games since BTTF the game, and that gave me sorta closure for the trilogy. 

New?  don't have a good enough computer (still in the early 2000s.  :p ) and don't have steam.  If i did i would be trying all sorts of em.  Not bold enough to try any on PSN, as my money usually goes to games I used to play as a kid like Wolfenstein 3D and Bomberman.  I didn't play any of the Monkey Island games but I hear good things.  The first 2 games are remastered on PSN for PS3, and Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, and Day of the Tentacle are for PS4 and Vita.  Indiana Jones and the Fate of atlantis remastered got cancelled due to copyright, original version is on Staff of Kings for wii.  There's a Monkey Island game for PS2, i think it's the 4th one?  There's also the Myst series (no Journeyman Project collection or Frankenstein: Through the Eyes of The Monster yet.  I hope Sega of Europe puts Frankenstein on Sega Forever someday as it was released for Saturn over there.  :D One can only dream....) 

I need to dig deeper for point n clicks
Be like water.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2017, 07:36:07 pm »
Unpopular Opinion:  Sonic Labyrinth is not that bad.  It's playable.  People are just impatient and want to run all the time.  It plays more like Sonic 3D Blast and that's ok.

It's playable but the time limit made the game frustating.
It does look like Sonic 3D Blast (that's the best thing about the game, it looks wonderful on Gamegear) but it doesn't play like Sonic 3D Blast since in this game :
1. Sonic couldn't jump
2. Sonic couldn't reach higher place just by walking into them
3. Sonic walks too slow (it shouldn't be problem if there is no time limit)
4. The enemies could respawn and they always respawn instantly after the screen's changed.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2017, 07:43:12 pm »
It's playable but the time limit made the game frustating.
It does look like Sonic 3D Blast (that's the best thing about the game, it looks wonderful on Gamegear) but it doesn't play like Sonic 3D Blast since in this game :
1. Sonic couldn't jump
2. Sonic couldn't reach higher place just by walking into them
3. Sonic walks too slow (it shouldn't be problem if there is no time limit)
4. The enemies could respawn and they always respawn instantly after the screen's changed.

1. it's like a top down computer adventure game
2. eh, game limitations
3. it's supposed to be slow.  actually all the game gear sonics weren't that fast
4. it's like a nes game like ninja gaiden.  challenging and only loads what's on screen. 
Be like water.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2017, 02:49:19 am »
SEG4GES