Author Topic: Post/Share pictures of your Game Collections!  (Read 14010 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Post/Share pictures of your Game Collections!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 04:47:36 pm »
This one is sort of a cheat since it's not mine, it's my grandparents, but they said I can have it once we move closer to home (next year):

I also have these arcade marquees, but nowhere to display them.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 04:55:03 pm »

"Bug!" merchandise... I'm stunned this exists.
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 05:35:53 pm »
I found this old vid i put up on Youtube a few years ago, it shows my Gamecube game collection. Well my collection at the time, i've got more games for it now. Either, it was me playing my Japanese Cube that i had just gotten with Mario Sunshine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxD6OYSPfJA&list=UUqe-Swmv36VvKrqgXiF1ecw&feature=c4-overview
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2014, 07:27:47 am »
Some of these are fucking amazing!

Although some aren't necessarily SEGA, I still am in Awe with most of it (Rayman Collection is so sweet!)

Also loving that Centipede Tabletop Cabinet...those are so amazing! Never seen one IRL myself.

I wish I didn't sleep in the loft/attic. ;____;

I got this recently;

I'd show all of my collection, but it'd take awhile, lol...it's not that big though compared to everyone elses.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 09:43:10 am »
Here are a few more pics from my extra room(office). Got a lot of my Nintendo games on there, or just games for Nintendo platforms. Pics didn't come out all that great..

Like i said, i may not seem like it, but i do love Nintendo. Some day i'll take a pic of all of my Sega stuff, i'm got a decent amount.

Those are a small fraction of my PS1 games, i've got most of those and my PS2 games stored up in a box.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 09:38:30 am »
I think we should name Barry the SEGA Master and Pirovash the Nintendo Master based on their collections here. :P

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2014, 03:13:36 pm »
I think we should name Barry the SEGA Master and Pirovash the Nintendo Master based on their collections here. :P

I will accept that title, lol!

Really, I don't have a HUGE collection. It's mainly the Dreamcast where I shine. My Genesis collection is tiny compared to most, mainly because I like focusing on the weird stuff like 32X and Pico. Also, space is an issue.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 05:24:05 pm »
I'm good with that title as well, might put that on my profile somewhere, haha. Been collecting since i was a kid, i think the only thing that has changed is that i don't play everything i buy anymore. More than half of those DS and Wii games on my shelves are sealed..

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 06:29:05 am »
I will accept that title, lol!

Really, I don't have a HUGE collection. It's mainly the Dreamcast where I shine. My Genesis collection is tiny compared to most, mainly because I like focusing on the weird stuff like 32X and Pico. Also, space is an issue.

Indeed, although you guys have more space than many europeans (the average household in EU is half of that in America).

I wish I had more space personally, then I could proudly show more of my collection!

I'll become a figurine master before you know it! (3 on the way, one is on pre-order, which is the Elf from Dragon's Crown (put 100 hours into it!), so I'm excited for that one).

I tried to get a Sakura Wars one, but they are so expensive these days.

I'm good with that title as well, might put that on my profile somewhere, haha. Been collecting since i was a kid, i think the only thing that has changed is that i don't play everything i buy anymore. More than half of those DS and Wii games on my shelves are sealed..

You and Barry now need to challenge each other to collect even more stuff!

Ah, interesting. I only have like....one sealed, which is Fate/Extra which I heard is luck based like Alex Kidd.

Question to anyone here: Is there ANY way to get a Fei Yen figure WITHOUT assembling? I don't want the Miku one. All Fei Yen figures require assembling AND colouring them in. :(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:31:25 am by Nameless 24 »

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:09 am »
Haha, bring it Barry. Seriously though, my Sega collection probably isn't as extensive as Barry's, but i do have a decent amount of Sega stuff.

I think since i mostly played Nintendo platforms as a kid, i managed to accumulate as much stuff as i've got.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 01:09:13 pm »
Are there any good sites for compiling a digital list of your game collection? I've looked into RF Generation, and it just takes so damn long to search the names and add to your collection.

PlayFire.com used to have such a feature, and it was really slick. Your search results would populat as you typed, and a single click on the game would add it to the list. So you could type "Soni" and Sonic games would already appear, check the games, delete the text and type "Di" and "Dick Tracy would appear, etc. It took me no time at all to make a collection... until they redesigned and scrapped the collection feature. :(

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 01:36:49 pm »
Hmm.. 1up is the only place i can think of, haven't updated my list in years... I think my last count was 270 games or so, it's a super small fraction of my games.. Probably too lazy to update anytime soon, haha.

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=6047475

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
I'm looking for a game collection closet or something.
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2014, 08:02:45 am »
Since recently i've been becoming more of a collector. The thing is that the small closet ive been collecting things in has become packed and nothing new will be able to get in there...

I have very little experience with this so I dont know where to start or if there are specific closet things for gaming to buy. Anything you can recommend?

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: I'm looking for a game collection closet or something.
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2014, 09:49:45 am »
Nevermind guys. I found this thread http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=2855.0 and im gonna take some hints and inspiration from you collections :P

Thread can be closed
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:56:25 am by CrazyT »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2014, 12:22:01 pm »
No worries, I merged them. As for tips? Figure out what aspect of SEGA you enjoy the most and focus on it. That way, you can streamline your collecting and get things you truly want.

I have a pet peeve with collectors who aim to own it all, and blow their savings on everything and anything. Like, "oh, i want to own as many Dreamcast games as I can, never play them, and flaunt the pics online". Okay, so it's part jealousy on my part, but it's also just stupid to waste money on games you don't like and will never play. I don't own any of the Dreamcast 2K games because I'm simply not a sports fan. I've encountered numerous opportunities to buy them all at $2 each, but why spend $20 on a pile of sports titles when I could put that towards something like After Burner 32X or a rare SEGA CD game?

From 2004 until 2012 I almost exclusively focused on Dreamcast games, building my 20-something title collection to 150. Since then, I've shifted to Saturn and SEGA CD, getting most of the games I want to own. This year, Pico and 32X were my focus and I've collected all but 5 Pico titles and own every 32X game I'd wish to own. I've also focused on Master System quite a bit this year, buying only games I truly want and titles that are dirt cheap. Spending around $300 over 3-4 months, I've obtained 30 MS titles, a console, two controllers, and a lightgun. I've also restricted myself (and this goes for everything but Pico) to CIB. So if its cart or disc only, I pass unless it is an insane deal for a rare game. I want the disc/cart, case, cover art, and manual.

I made an exception to this for a cheap copy of After Burner which was missing the manual, and a copy of Last Blade 2 which was $5 disc only. I also believe I bought a disc only of Bangai-O for $5-$10.

Basically: Be smart, compare prices, have standards, and buy what you want - don't buy to fill a shelf.

---

as for storage, try pull out bins or stuff like Ikea. They have a great bin system that fit inside these square shelves: http://instagram.com/p/lSQ7fKL1F4/?modal=true

I keep all my MS, 32X, and NES games in them.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 12:24:00 pm by Barry the Nomad »