Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic  (Read 217771 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:13 pm »
A barren city filled with Starship trooper sized insects more or less is what EDF was all about.  It doesn't help that the game is favoring a looser, beat-em-up flavor of gameplay.  I think that a futuristic city isn't inherently a bad choice for a game like this but the fact that the city looks like new york and is filled with rampaging insectoids just feels way out of place.  Obviously though it's just a quick trailer.  And a low quality one at that. 

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2011, 02:15:01 pm »
It doesn't help that the game is favoring a looser, beat-em-up flavor of gameplay.

I'm curious about that as well. I hope they keep the rhythmic system for attacking, but I do like that you can actually aim. The jumping looks silly, too weightless, but I'm glad you can do it.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2011, 02:47:58 pm »
Hmm, well I can give you the beat em up feel of the game. I think i'd be cool if they balanced it out to a great extent personally. Don't want it to become a mindless beat em up experience either but so far it doesn't look that way to me apart from view overlooked things that might be fixed with the alpha testing.

I still think having "1" dungeon/ruin in the city isn't a bad choice dude. It's going to be one of many themes anyway.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 03:08:14 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #183 on: September 26, 2011, 09:38:41 pm »
Higher quality version of the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMOLkRCi_5s

TGS reports.
PSO2 Improvement Plans.

User Interface:
- Make great changes to parts that were difficult to understand including icons.
- When you are using the gamepad, you can chat immediately if you touch the keyboard.
- Make it easier to participate in parties from the quest counter.
- Make other general changes.

Character Creation:
- Implement morphing when creating a Cast.
- Removal of Defense stats on costumes.
- Support color changes for the eyebrows.

Action:
- Some changes for the Force Class.
- Force: Increase the power of uncharged Technics.
- Force: Charge Technics in the Sub-palette.
- Hunters and Rangers: They are currently investigating what changes they should make to these classes.
Game Watch and 4Gamer notes:

If you were wondering, the current issue with the eyebrows was that you were allowed to choose only three colors, black, brown, and white. Now they will greatly improve upon this aspect so that at least it can match your hair color. How this will be implemented I do not know yet.

As for the User Interface, some players were complaining at how small some of the icons were.

There were many requests to remove defense stats on clothing. Players like the ability to wear what they want freely without having the problem where end-game, everyone wears the same clothes.

The damage given from techs that were not charged was fairly low. Now these uncharged techs will have higher damage output. Also, forces can now charge techs that are in the sub-palette. Previously only techs that were linked to the rod could be charged.

After the Alpha Test, users were asked to report their opinions on things they liked about the alpha test. Features like operating their player character, user interface, and communication were rated low while Character Creation and Background Music were rated high.

“To those that participated in the Alpha Test, thank you very much for giving us your precious opinions and time [...] Because there are other elements that were not announced yet like Mags and My Room, please expect announcements in the future”
~Producer Satoshi Sakai
Phantasy Star Online 2 50% Complete?

According to the pamphlet distributed at Tokyo Game Show, as of September 2011, Phantasy Star Online 2 is 50% complete.
Alpha Test Data.

There's a bunch of miscellaneous info, like races and classes used during the alpha, but here I'll just post the more important things.

The charts above indicate the number of comments/feedback and bug reports they received on each category. Although the categories are pretty broad, Sakai will go into more details later on with what this means.

Question 1: So the questionnaire asked about the control schemes players used. Most people played with the gamepad. Technically the gamepad is actually around 70% because you can use it with the keyboard.

Question 2: The most interesting aspects about the game is the Character Creator. It is pretty funny to see “Story” chosen as the least interesting aspect considering how there was very little story in the Alpha test.

Question 3: Coinciding with what you saw in the TGS presentation, this is a pie chart showing what aspects about the game needed better support. Mainly the user interface was of big concern. (Which lead the team to decide on changing some aspects of the User Interface so it won’t be so hard to understand, as announced at the Tokyo Game Show. ) There were also opinions about how it didn’t feel right when controlling your character.

Question 4: This pie chart looks at what direction they should head into the most. Gamers mainly selected they should improve upon the character creation aspects. (This probably lead to the decision on adding Cast morphing to the character creation as they announced at the Tokyo Game Show,) What’s interesting to note here is the entry asking if you want to raise something like a pet. (When checking 2ch about this question, one asked if the pets refer to Mags?) Not that this pie chart confirms they are going to add a pet, but it looks like it may have been on the drawing board.

5 - Point Evaluation: And finally we get to the most confusing chart. In this chart, users were asked to rate different aspects of the game from 1 to 5. The lowest score (1) is indicated by a red bar whereas a score of (5) is indicated as a blue bar. The longer the color of the bar, the more people gave it that score. If you go back to Question 3, you can see the areas that were most chosen there, are shown on this chart with the longer red bars. The UI, communication, and controlling your character were given low scores, while character creation, and BGM were given high scores.

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-tgs-2011-screenshot-dump/
http://bumped.org/psublog/alpha-test-data/

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2011, 07:45:33 pm »
These are old news, but as you guys should know already, PSO2 has been delayed to 2012 and there should be a 2nd alpha test in early 2012. Also, when the delay was announced, the PSO2 staff replied to several requests made by alpha players.

Sakai wrote a note on the official website thanking everyone for participating in the alpha test. By looking through all the requests and opinions that users gave, and giving the time for the development team to perform it, Sakai has now formally changed the release date of Phantasy Star Online 2 to 2012. But that’s not all, Sakai is thinking about performing a second alpha test. Though the time when this alpha test starts is not decided yet, but it could start around early 2012.  Unlike last time, there will not be specific conditions you have to meet to join the test, but the selection process for additional testers was not mentioned yet. This new test will allow more players to participate in the alpha test.

This also allows them time to report to you the current status of the game and give information through an official blog. He’s sorry to have you wait even longer but it seems that this is necessary to make the game everyone can enjoy.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Requests:
The entries below pertain to the Alpha Test version of Phantasy Star Online 2 and their current plans to fix the issues addressed by users. (As were vaguely mentioned in the Alpha Test Data)

Alpha Test Response Report.
The Staff respond to the requests users made for the Alpha Test!

I want it to be possible to Just Attack with Shooting Weapons and Technics
- Just Attacks are possible here.

I want to attack automatically by continuously pressing the attack button.
- Though it is possible to keep attacking automatically by pressing down the attack button, this won’t allow for a Just attack.

The amount of times you can perform the Hunter’s Step and Dive Roll actions are too high.  Some of the actions need a disadvantage, this makes the game balance really bad.
- We’ll adjust it by looking at the amount of time you won’t be able to move as a Hunter, and the invincibility frames for Rangers…

I want you to adjust Guarding, because it isn’t useful.
- Concerning the timing to cancel attacks, adjustments can be made so that Guard can be performed quicker than Step,  this would be effective when you guard from a sudden attack.

When Technics are charged, stop it from slowing down movement.
- We’ll stop it, however you won’t be able to dash during this.

I want to be able to charge  technics from the sub-palette.
- The technics in the sub-palette can be charged too.

Uncharged Technics power is too low.
- We’ll adjust it so that the difference between uncharged and charged technics are appropriate.

The effective range or Resta is too narrow, and isn’t effective in healing friends nearby.
- We’ll adjust the effective range of Resta.

The screen shakes too much.
- We’ll reduce the amount of times it occurs and allow you to adjust the settings of it.

I want it so that you can walk again when you push lightly on the analogue stick.
- When you are carrying weapons on your back, you should be able to walk.

I feel that the way enemies cancel their damage animations from attacks is impractical.
- This damage animation will be changed so it happens when you do just attacks, but this won’t have an effect on larger sized enemies.

When HP is full, prevent the use of recovery items from being used.
- We will prevent recover items from being used when HP is full.

When you are locking-on, prevent us from locking on to other players.
- We will prevent you from locking on to players.

Make “lock-on” like the old way from past series by holding it down.
- When you use the gamepad, you’ll do it by holding down the button. When you use the keyboard and mouse, you’ll do it by clicking.
You can change the settings in the Options.
By pressing it  when you are not locking onto any target, the camera will face forward of the character.

As for the overall UI, it is hard to control it with the Gamepad compared to past games.
- We’ll improve upon the gamepad aspects and allow you to play comfortably not only with the gamepad but also keyboard and mouse combination.

It is hard to distinguish the icons, some of them are hard to understand.
- We’ll review the direction and design of our icons and remake them.

The number of consumable items you have, and the number on the icons themselves are small and hard to see.
- We will improve the visibility of them.

The icons used for the weapons and the icons showing a locked status are hard to understand.
- We will improve upon the visibility of such things.

The way you buy and sell items in the shop is hard to understand and inconvenient.
- We’ll allow you to quickly purchase items in the shop and remove the cart system.

In the storage box, allow us to choose multiple items and move them at the same time.
- We’ll allow you to do so.

Allow us to move items which you just purchased to the storage box, and allows us to sell from the storage box.
- We’ll allow you to do so.

I want to be able to keep money in the storage box.
- We’ll allow you to keep and withdraw money from the storage box.

In multiparty areas I want to be able to see the HP bars of other parties so I can make a judgment on when to use healing.
- We’ll make it so that you can see their HP above the player’s head of a person not in your party.

When you go to another area, prevent the radar map from switching from nearby surroundings display to entire display.
- We will prevent it from doing that.

When the Radar Map shows the nearby surrounding display, it is too small. Please increase the size of it.
- We’ll increase the size of the radar map.

Even if the party member is in a far off location, I want the radar map to display their position.
- We’ll allow the radar map to display their position.

Allow it so that  PA or Technic disks  that drops shows its current level before I decide to pick it up.
- When you approach a disk that dropped, it will show the level in the information area.

It’s hard to visibly know when you are locking onto an enemy.
- We’ll improve this aspect.

I want to be able to chat when touching the keyboard.
- When using a gamepad, you can chat without having to push the C key, by pushing on any letter. We’ll also add a mode called “Direct Chat.”

It feels odd starting up the chat by pressing the C key.
- When using the keyboard and mouse, you can change the possible settings to something other than the C key, like the Enter Key.

Allow us to do shortcut keys that enable us to use cut-in chat, different balloon type, and use manga iconography.
- The above mentioned request can be enabled by a shortcut key.

I want a function that allows us to meet a friend immediately.
- We’ll allow it so that you can go to the block of a friend that you have on your friends list.

It’s hard to know whether you are in party chat or public chat, I want to see something different (that distinguishes between these two chats). In addition I want it easier to switch from public to party chats.
- We’ll add a function that allows you to switch chats. In addition, we’ll make the balloon expression different when you are in public or party chat so that you definitely know which chat you are speaking in.

I want you to remove the defense stats on outfits (costumes)
- We will remove that stat from outfits, in addition, your defense stats will mainly compose of your base stats and units.

I want to be able to turn off the graphics of the units.
- We’ll allow an ON/OFF switch for unit’s graphics.

I want you to expand the minimum to maximum height range.
- We’ll increase the range, but by a small amount.

Allow casts to morph like the other races (in character creation)
- We’ll do that too!

Allow casts to morph their face like other races.
- We’ll allow you to choose faces that will allow for face morphing.

Allow Casts to run like the other races, or maybe you should allow us to change it by choosing the leg parts.
- We’ll allow you to change your movement options regardless of what leg parts you have. You can choose between running or hovering.

When I start a quest, I want to be able to put what policies I have for the party when I’m creating a name for the party.
- We’ll allow you to place not only your name, but also choose the play style, insert the party comment, password, and what conditions you want joiners to have all at the same time.

There’s little information to see during the list of parties, and there’s not many things you can use to make a decision (on whether you want to join a party or not)
- We’ll place an elapsed time, and the playstyle of the party to the party list information.

In a multiparty quest I want to be able to play with specific players and specific parties.
- We’ll allow the option for you to add a password for multi party quests.

In camp ship, please arrange for quest counter functions so I don’t have to go all the way back to the lobby just to do a new quest. I want to receive new quests consecutively.
- We’ll allow for quest counter functions in the Camp Ship

I want to be able to go directly to the planet without having to start a quest.
- Even if you do not receive a quest from the quest counter in the lobby, you can go down to the planet and do a free quest directly from the camp ship area.

Inside the camp ship, I want to buy and sell items.
- We’ll install a shop in the camp ship area.

When you are in the camp ship, allow us to go directly to the areas a party has been through.
- We’ll do so.

During a free quest, I want various types of Interrupt events to occur.
- Interrupt events will occur in a free quest.

During a free quest, I want there to be a definite end of the quest.
- In the deepest part of the field for a single party area, a boss can appear, if you kill it, the quest ends. However you can kind of continue playing in the area fighting enemies without having to clear the quest just before the boss area.

The conditions to open up a new quest seems unreasonable if you were unlucky to not trigger a certain interrupt event.
- We will remove the quest opening condition, “Clear a certain Interrupt Event”

*Specifically regarding this, if you recall back in a previous post on here, the Vol Dragon was random, and is also an interrupt event. But if you wanted to play a mission that had him permanently it required you to encounter him randomly. Doesn’t sound fair does it?

I want to be able to fight boss enemies with all the party members in an area like the older games.
- In some quests this will happen. (Note that bosses can come out in regular areas)

When I pick up dropped items, the item pack’s capacity becomes full very quickly.
- Because there were too many items that dropped at a time, we’ll adjust it so that useless drops don’t occur so often.

When you receive a clear reward and your item pack is full, it feels like you are not given the item.
- At the time you clear a quest and your item pack is full, the item will be sent to storage.

Famitsu Interview:
We’ll just quickly go through some of the points discovered in the Famitsu interview. Satoshi Sakai and Famitsu talk about the alpha test and the recent announcement that Phantasy Star Online 2 was delayed until 2012. Let’s see some of the stuff we can find. Parts are paraphrased or skipped.

You have finished the alpha test and the Tokyo Game Show, what were the user reactions so far?
- Generally very good! Thanks to you all, I was able to win the award in the Future Prize for the Japan Game Awards.

Congrats, you received requests from users, are there areas that you are going to revise?
- Yes, we want to make some modifications to the interface. Since we need some time to do such changes, at first I wanted to start the game in 2011, but now we decided to move it to 2012. Sorry to have you wait even more but before the game is launched I want to build up the foundations of the game with high satisfaction.

Plus, you raise the quality of the game when you continue to test it. As for the requests, what things will come to the game now?
- There were over 20,000 requests/opinions for the alpha test. Some were related to the quest, some to the user interface and operation, some for the communication and character creation. And the responses to some of those requests were announced.

It seems there are many modifications too. As for the alpha test did it feel that it was in a condition it could be enjoyable?
- [...] When thinking about making the game play comfortably, it seems that many wanted the interface to be improved upon. In the initial stages, as it being a PC game, one would put the keyboard and mouse as the main way to play the game. But console gamers who have a strong image of PSO will use a gamepad to play. At the time of the alpha test, in the options screen, you could not adjust parts for the Gamepad. The chat compared to past games in the series, was seen as inconvenient… I will review improvements upon aspects for both those who play with gamepads and those who play with keyboard. To improve upon these demands as much as possible, I will hold a new test, an alpha test 2. (α2テスト* is the nickname for those keeping track). It will have even more people.

Eeeeh!? When will the second alpha test start?
- This second alpha test will commence early 2012. However, I’m not going to say it will start quickly after the New Years holiday. All of you who participated in the alpha test in August can also participate in the second alpha test. In addition we will add more recruitment offers for new testers.

How will you recruit new testers for the second alpha test.
- We will recruit new members starting around December, 2011.

After the Alpha test is over will there be a beta test?
- Yes! The second alpha test plans to cover system-related corrections, there isn’t going to be many new components added, but with the new system areas added, this can increase the playability of the game…

I see. When will the Beta Test and Official game start?
- Since I do not know what corrections are needed after the second alpha test, I cannot say when.  But I will do my best to do the beta test as soon as possible, then officially start the game.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-release-delayed/

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #185 on: December 22, 2011, 11:39:34 pm »
I've been way too lazy to post news about PSO2 in the last few months. Here are the news about the game that have been appearing since my last post:

- HUmarl, HUcast and FOcaseal concept art:
http://bumped.org/psublog/three-pso2-concepts/

- Mag concept art, more than 100 people working on PSO2:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-mag-concept-and-phantasy-star-series-blog-opens/

- PSO2 not a direct sequel to PSO, it's a successor. Camp Ship and Oracle Mother Ship:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-camp-ship-and-project-cute/

- PSO2 setting, Rappy concept art:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-arcs-darkers-and-mother-ship-oracle/

- PSO2 on G-Star 2011 (a Korean game show), recap of previous news part 1, monkey enemies concept art:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-a-brief-recap/

- Recap of previous news part 2, starting weapons concept art:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-starting-weapon-concepts/

- Small interview with Sakai on G-Star 2011, Phantasy Star on other platforms:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-eternal-planets-launches-and-more/

- Alpha test 2 icon changes:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-icon-changes/

- FOnewearl and FOcaseal in-game pictures:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-alpha-test-2-costumes-fonewearl-and-focaseal/

- Costumes in previous games and PSO2, FOnewm and FOcast in-game pictures:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-more-default-character-designs/

- Enemies, HUmarl and HUnewm in-game pictures, PSO2 conference announced to December 24 with information about the Alpha Test 2:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-enemies-and-humarl-hunewm-costumes/

- Alpha test 2 signup, some more new pictures including a picture of the player room, alpha test 2 minimum requirements:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-alpha-test-2-signup/

- Information about the player room, interface improvements, and the item laboratory (item customization):
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-alpha-test-2-interface-changes/

- Vague info about mags, more info about the player room, item lab, and more pictures:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-mags-and-my-room-and-item-lab/

- Time of the December 24 presentations, what happens when grinding a weapon fails:
http://bumped.org/psublog/christmas-eve-2011-phantasy-star-online-2-event/

- More details about the December 24 presentations, picture that shows more interface changes:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-christmas-eve-live-ustream-2011/

About the December 24 presentations, there's going to be 2 of them and they're going to be shown live on UStream.

Link to the UStream channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sega-pso2

Broadcast details:
- 14:00 (12.24.2011 12:00AM EST) featuring Sakai with Sound Director Hideaki Kobayashi
- 16:00 (12.24.2011 2:00 AM EST) featuring Sakai with Game Director Kimura

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2011, 07:24:22 am »
Amazing round up dude, thanks for all that!
It strikes me that there is a lot of PSO2 news we are missing.
Made by SEGA

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #187 on: December 23, 2011, 06:29:06 pm »
Have they fixed the user interface that everyone was complaining about?
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #188 on: December 24, 2011, 12:48:49 am »
Man, they are really doign a good job

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #189 on: December 24, 2011, 02:49:45 am »
got the two main videos that were shown at the conference up on the front page

http://segabits.com/blog/2011/12/24/phantasy-star-online-2-opening-cg-and-epic-trailer/

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #190 on: December 24, 2011, 04:43:34 am »
This game looks so epic and what I want in a PSO game. This must come to the consoles and HH
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #191 on: December 24, 2011, 08:04:53 am »

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
Mags are machine life forRe: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic
« Reply #192 on: December 24, 2011, 09:29:48 am »
Recap from the briefing:

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Fonewearl-girl.jpg

The Christmas Eve Fan Briefing is now over, so here is Famitsu, GPara, and Game Watch’s recap of the event. They note that some of the content featured in the screenshots may not appear in Alpha Test 2.

PSO2 Alpha Test 2 has two specific purposes, firstly to inspect the refinements and new elements of the second alpha test, and lastly to assess server load stability. This will be done by adding 50,000 more recruits to this alpha test.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Expression-Test.jpg

New features in character creation include an “Expression Test” that lets you test out facial expressions. You can now change your eyebrow color to match your hair, the min/max range for your height has increased, casts body parts can now morph, and casts can have humanoid faces.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Kyatadoran.jpg

There’s a new enemy called Kyatadoran. A dragon-type enemy with a long body, it can freely expand and contract its body giving you a long range attack. Famitsu thinks this is a boss grade enemy. (His boss status was mentioned in the Fan Briefing though.)

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Tech-Charging.jpg

There were new improvements made to the battle portion of the game. Rangers and Forces could now Just Attack using their weapons. You can stop some of enemy’s attack ( for example: a powerful quick rush attack), by using Just Attacks. This was demonstrated with a Ranger who used Just Attacks to stop an enemy from charging at him. Your movement speed when you are charging techs is now faster than before, you can now charge technics through the sub-palette too.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/special-ablities.jpg

Item Lab, you can customize your items by grinding, increasing attributes, and adding special abilities.

With grinders you can strengthen the power and defense of your items. When you strengthen your weapon you get a +1 grind value by the item’s name. You can increase this value to +10, however, if you fail a grind, the grind’s value go down. Fortunately your item will not be destroyed.

You can increase attribute values like (20% Fire) by composing the same weapons. The amount you can increase is influenced by the other weapon’s attribute and attribute values. You will need an item called “Synthesizer” to perform this action.

When you acquire a weapon or unit, it will sometimes have an ability attached. You can transfer this ability to other weapons and units with the “Add a Special Ability” feature. But be careful, rare special abilities have lower successful transfer rates.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PSO2-My-Room-Carpet.jpg

My Room is a feature taken from Phantasy Star Universe where can have up to 12 players in your room. You can set room furniture on the ground to whatever location you choose. You can change the designs of the whole room with a remodeling ticket. An item can be used to expand your rooms and place up to 3 separate rooms individually. (The demonstration showed you can set separate remodeling ticket for each of your rooms.)

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PSO2-Mags-Humar.jpg

Mags are machine life forms, when you give them items they grow into various forms. Famitsu wants to talk more about mags in a follow up report to see whether or not they have photon blasts (To me it sounds like Famitsu is holding out on information.). Famitsu states Mags are not implemented in Alpha Test 2.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/New-City.jpg

The futuristic city! Darker type enemies appear here!  Is this a city on some planet? If you look at the sky you can see some ridges along the circumference. Famitsu thinks this city could actually be a colony or an Arks ship. Anyway, there’s a boss enemy here that looks like a spider. If you jump on its back when it is down, you can attack its weak point. Famitsu states this new city area is not in the Alpha Test 2.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-fan-briefing-media-recap/

Videos from the 2nd briefing:
My Room - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFkSzqXD2sU
Character Creation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFLmf_JOI8
Combat System Updates - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_vEzEMJSdY
Item Upgrade System - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkX7OnEO79E
Menu and Interface - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8J4SUCKeHI

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2012, 01:17:35 pm »
More updates:
Interface Zoom and Character Stats
So a new feature in the Alpha Test 2 is that you can adjust your game resolution’s interface zoom. When your game resolution is high, you can set the interface zoom to (1.0x, 1.25x, and 1.5x) through the launcher.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Interface-Zoom.jpg

Zoom x1:
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/19-1080x1.jpg
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/19-1080x1b.jpg

Zoom x1.25:
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/19-1080x125.jpg
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/19-1080x125b.jpg

Zoom x1.5:
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/19-1080x15.jpg
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/19-1080x15b.jpg

According to the screenshot the stats have changed.
- HP
- PP
- 打撃力 (Striking Power)
- 射撃力 (Range Power)
- 法撃力 (Force Power)
- 技量: Ability (aka Skill)
- 打撃防御 (Striking Defense)
- 射撃防御: (Range Defense)
- 法撃防御 (Force Defense)
The element icons have changed and uses a black background instead.
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-interface-zoom/

Alpha Test 2 Improvement List
Applying for the second alpha test will end in 4 days, so if you haven’t already done so please apply as soon as possible. As for the day the 2nd Alpha Test starts, unfortunately it will not be announced today and you’ll have to wait for those details in the future.
An extremely long list of things to expect in Alpha test 2 was posted, which took a long time to go through. The changes described in previous posts are mentioned in this list. So let’s begin!
Race:
- Human / Newman / Cast, you can create a man or woman of your choice among the three races.
Character Creation:
- After you create your character, you will not be able to change your outfit or accessories in Alpha Test 2.
- Only a portion of the cast parts will be implemented in Alpha Test 2.
- Some new costumes, parts, hairstyles and accessories will be added to Alpha test 2.
- You can now morph the body and face of Casts like the other races.
- You can make your eyebrow color the same as your hair color.
- Min/Max range of your height has increased.
- You can choose whether your cast runs or hovers.
- You can choose 2 skin patters at the same time.
- Character Creation Redo and Undo Functions were added.
- Facial Expression Test added
- Costume and Parts Defense stats are gone. Defense stats are now based on your Base Stats and Units equipped.
- Unit graphic settings can be turned on/off through the item pack menu
Class:
- There are three classes, Hunter, Ranger, and Force. In Alpha Test 2, you can not change your class.
- There are no player specific levels in this game, instead your class level will determine your character’s level. Each class individually can go up to Level 20.
- In this test, if any of your characters go passed level 10, you will automatically join into the next test (the next scheduled test is the Closed Beta Test)
Skill Tree:
- Some skills are implemented in Alpha Test 2
- The organization and design of the skill tree has been completely redesigned so that it is easier to read and use.
- A new function lets you increase a skill’s level all at once
- Some new skills have been added like Just Counter and Just Reversal
Combat:
- A limited amount of weapon categories photon arts, and technics are available in this test.
- You can Just Attack using Ranged attacks and Technics
- You can hold down the attack button to automatically attack but you will not be able to just attack like this.
- Hunter’s Step and Ranger’s Dive Roll Invincibility frames have been lowered.
- It is now quicker to change from your normal movement animation to running (dashing).
- When you push lightly on the gamepad and your weapon is on your back, you will do the walking animation.
- “Guard” will cancel an attack action quicker than “Step”
- When you are charging a Technic, your movement speed doesn’t decrease, but you won’t be able to run.
- You can charge Technics at the sub-palette.
- For some attack-type technics, when you charge them, their power and behavior will change.
- You can now change which kind of attack your rod will normally do (ex. Change it from doing physical to technic attacks)
- The range of effect charged Resta has is now increased.
- Sword Photon Art “NovaStrike” can now be charged
- When your HP is completely full, you won’t be able to use recovery items.
- When using recovery items, the time period you can’t move, as well as the animation has now changed (details below)
- With wired lances and swords, your gear will no longer reset when you arrive at another area, or switch weapons.
- To differentiate the normal shooting style from TPS style, your normal shooting style will have less firing accuracy. (This is not speaking about a stat, it just determine how far off the bullets land from the actual target.)
- After you’ve placed a trap, you can detonate it at any time.
- The function to lock on to other players was removed therefore the follow run function has changed.
- There’s an option within the game to turn off the blur
Enemies:
- A portion of the enemies are in alpha test 2. These are limited to Darkers, Native, and Dragon types.
- A new boss called Kyatadoran was added to the volcano field
- Except for the large enemies, just attacks can overcome an enemy’s attack. (See Fan Briefing)
- Enemies of the same type will have differences (in stats) based on their size and abilities.
- Enemies of different types can attack each other.
- When boss enemies appear in a multiparty area, their name may have a prefix attached to their name. These bosses in particular have stronger powers and abilities, even changing the abilities of enemies nearby.
Mag:
- Mags will not be implemented in Alpha Test 2, they are scheduled to be available once the official game launches.
Quest:
- Volcano Cavern and Forest fields are implemented in Alpha Test 2
- You can make a new party when you choose a quest from the quest counter
- When starting a quest, you can now input a party name, comments and various party settings.
- There’s more information displayed when selecting a party from the list of parties.
- You can set to display whether you want to see HP bars over the heads of your party members (or other multi party players)
- Camp Ship has a quest counter and shop function
- You also do not need to get a quest at the  quest counter, you can go down to the field and start a “Free Field” quest.
- In Free Fields and some Arks quest, at the last area, all parties will get their own individual boss area. However a boss may also appear at any time before this.*
- When going from the Campship to the field, you can now go directly to the area the party members already went through.
- There will be some visual indication of the telepool within the camp ship when someone places a telepipe down on the field.
- The graphics of dropped item icons are now redesigned to improve the visibility and identity of the specified item.
Interrupt Event:
- Only a limited variety of Interrupt Events are in Alpha Test 2
- Those sudden trials that were a part of what’s called Interrupt Events are now known as “Emergency Trials”
- Emergency Trials can appear in Free Field quests.
- When you complete an Emergency Trial, your reward item is sent to the main storage box if your item pack is full. If your main storage box is full, then your item is sent to what’s called the “first storage.” This storage box can only hold 30 items, it will automatically delete old items to make way for new items if you reach this limit.
PSE:
- Only limited variations of Photon Sensitive Effect is in Alpha Test 2
- Changed the balance of the frequency and how long a PSE occurs
Interface:
- Various operation methods and interface problems were revised in Alpha Test 2
- When you first logon, you can set whether you want to use gamepad or kb/mouse
- You can change various settings with whichever control method you are using.
- The main menu is now iconized
- A quick menu to perform lobby actions was added for the gamepad.
- It is easier to look at the item details, and a specific button can be used to jump to a certain page.
- Improved the Icon Designs
- Made it easier to know when an item is locked in your item pack
- Improved the readability on the number of consumption items you have.
- An equipment menu added to main menu
- Enchants are now called “Special Abilities”
- You can move multiple items at the same time to the storage box
- At a shop you can buy and sell from storage
- Store meseta in the storage box
- Easier to see HP and PP of the characters
- Quest Goals or Emergency Trial Targets are now indicated by text on the screen.
- The map size will not change (close to far) when you arrive at another area in the field. (bug fix)
- Map size has increased since last test
- If a party member was far away, their relative position is still indicated on the map.
- An online status indicator stating “Looking For Party” and “Away From Keyboard” has been added.
- Loading Screen has changed
- Screenshot Function added.
Communication:
- A limited amount of manga iconography (ex. sweat drop) and autowords are available.
- Lobby Actions are the same as PSU, and these are only temporary.
- When the official game launches a new chat functionality will be added.
- Gamepad users can chat using any key on the keyboard instead of pressing C. This feature is available in “Direct Chat” mode.
- A feature was added that lets you go to the block your friend is on directly.
- Lobby Actions Alt +[A ~ Z]
- Press SHIFT+ENTER for cut-in chat preview and CTRL+ENTER for manga iconography and speech bubble variations.
- Chat log and Chat Channel are now separate
- Search for players at the Visiphone
My Room:
- A limited set of features are available for My Room in Alpha Test 2
- Unlike PSU, it is not 1 character per room, but rather 1 ship (server) per room.
- Only a limited amount of remodeling tickets and room items are available, you can purchase this at the room shop in the Arks Lobby.
- Various functions to interact with room items will be available once the official game launches but only “Sit” is available for room items in Alpha Test 2.
- The my room interface for this test is temporary and will be improved upon later.
Item Lab:
- Item Lab has 3 functions, “Item Grinding” “Attribute Grinding” and “Special Abilities”
- The cost, the success rates, the results of your customizations are all temporary and will be rebalanced later.
Story:
- A minimal amount of story will be discussed in Alpha Test 2. A full-scale story will be implemented when the official game starts.
Specs:
- Alpha Test 2 low end spec adjustments are not implemented.  The Alpha Test 2 spec requirements are higher than the official minimum requirements.
Save Data:
- Alpha Test 2 Data is not carried over to the next test.
Recovery Animation:
- Alpha test 2 has now changed the way the Recovery Animation was implemented. People found this animation unpleasant since your character would inject a recovery item into their body.
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/PSO2-Drink-animation.jpg
Now this animation has changed where you character drinks a recovery item instead.
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-alpha-test-2-improvement-list/

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #194 on: January 23, 2012, 10:02:14 am »
Bonkohara tweeted that they are starting to send out the Phantasy Star Online 2 Alpha Test winner emails. Check your email box and spam folders to see if you got in. If you were invited you can sign into the PSO2 Alpha Test Login site here.
http://pso2.jp/alpha2/
Sakai plans to announce the dates of when the Alpha Test 2 will start later this week.
http://bumped.org/psublog/

I got an email today saying that I got in the alpha, when the alpha starts I'll get some pictures to post and I might record some videos. :D

Also, I'll be able to say how well the alpha runs in some different PCs. These are the PC specifications I'll be able to test:
Upper Mid end PC:
- AMD Phenom II X4 955 (quad-core 3.2GHz), AMD Radeon HD6850 1GB GDDR5, 4GB DDR2 800 Memory, 1440x900 screen resolution.

Mid end PC:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 (dual-core 2.8GHz), AMD Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3, 4GB DDR2 1066 Memory, 1920x1080 screen resolution.

Low end Laptop:
- Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (dual-core 2.0GHz), AMD Mobility Radeon X1600 256MB GDDR3, 2GB DDR2 667 Memory, 1280x800 screen resolution.