Author Topic: Gaming News  (Read 71965 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Gaming News
« Reply #180 on: January 13, 2017, 09:57:53 am »
Man how do you do this.
What did I do lol
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2017, 01:44:16 pm »
What did I do lol
The connections. Not gonna lie i was subconsiously thinking the same but looking back it almost seems blatantly copied. The way the taxi drives over the well. Almost seems like theyre taking the piss. Not the first time ive noticed mario games copying sonic stuff.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2017, 03:03:43 pm »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #183 on: January 13, 2017, 09:19:26 pm »
I used to think that Nintendo did this sorta stuff on purpose to mess around with people. Nah this is them actually being serious and even proud lmfao.

I still like the idea of the joycons a lot to give credit where its due. They may function as 2 very accurate gyro sensors and i also like that u can take it with u to a friend and just play some quick games with eachother already having 2 controllers.

But the execution is typical nintendo half assing their efforts. Cant say im surprised anymore. But uhh.. If this thing succeeds and becomes cheaper id defenitly see the appeal of the thing. The mario game all jokes aside looks kind of incredible if u ask me.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 11:11:34 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2017, 03:27:26 am »

Got to admit though, I'm surprised with the lack of games on offer. Considering they've been quiet for so long, merged their handheld and console studios together and have Retro etc sitting in the wings, they've really done a poor job on that front. Hell, they already said Pikmin 4 was ready for the Wii u, but decided to put it on switch...so where was it?

Nintendo fans always say that rubbish. Look at any Nintendo console since the N64  and despite Nintendo making nothing towards the end system life, they have hardly anything ready . They don't have enough teams and their piple lines up not up to working on multi projects at the same time.

They are behind on Tech and online and the Switch is a bit of trainwreck.  Best get ready for yet another Nintendo system in 3 years after this one flops
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2017, 04:31:50 am »
People speculate on how merging handheld and console divisions will create more games, but who knows if that is really the case. It also could mean that they just want to stay even more low key with the amount of games.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2017, 04:43:03 am »
People speculate on how merging handheld and console divisions will create more games, but who knows if that is really the case. It also could mean that they just want to stay even more low key with the amount of games.

NCL old handhelds have pretty rubbish screen res and spec's and so the handheld teams didn't have to create 1080p quality assets . Now the Handheld teams have to make home quality AAA productions that look great not only the move, but also in the home.

Nintendo just don't have the lines to handle that, they could barely cope on the Wi U . This is a bit of train wreck truth be told, to think NCL used to make fun of SEGA for rushed launches .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #187 on: January 14, 2017, 06:35:30 am »
NES: 62 million
SNES: 49 million
N64: 33 million
GC: 22 million
WiiU: 13 million

The Wii was a fluke. Nintendo has been feeding off the market they won with the NES for decades, and it's drying up.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2017, 11:00:37 am »
Having been able to look at all the infomation etc, I really don't see this being a success or something I'd ever want. The idea is interesting, but the way Nintendo have implemented it is just poor. Nintendo just don't seem to get it, do they? They keep trying to find a market that simply doesn't exist or has moved on to other devices that are far easier to use.

Ah well, here's hoping the eventual drop to third party doesn't hurt them too badly.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2017, 08:10:01 pm »
Social media being a big thing nowadays is defenitely going to stop nintendo from getting any kind of succes the wii did with a lame package. In hindsight the wii may have gotten the same reaction back in the days about the bad graphics, inaccuracy of the wii motes, lack of compelling third party games the other platforms did get and droughts etcetera.

I could honestly see the switch become quite succesful if nintendo has the attention of a big crowd outside and away from this bubble. Once they start targeting the average joe with good commercials i think the product they have certainly is an atttactive enough one to sell with the concept itself. Showing zelda along side it should make it look like a tablet with gsmed u wont find on a typical tablet. Said it before; it all comes down to marketing in this case imo. I feel like wii u was not an attractive product at all despite its potential.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 10:10:40 pm by CrazyT »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2017, 04:07:53 am »
Market it anyway you want, nobody buys a 330 euro Nintendo with 250 euro Xbox and PS4
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2017, 07:33:53 am »

Offline Tad

« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2017, 03:30:01 pm »
Just a thought, if this is really running on Tegra X1 and games come on a SD card, surely this will get hacked fairly quickly?

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2017, 05:15:16 pm »
Usually Nintendo consoles are piracy heaven
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2017, 08:22:39 pm »
Market it anyway you want, nobody buys a 330 euro Nintendo with 250 euro Xbox and PS4
I get what you mean and I also agree with that a lot of people may rationalize it like that. All im saying is that they got a neat product for once that is a lot more marketable than previous ones in which it was usually the software driving the lame hardware. People may WANT it at first glance at least.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 11:48:09 pm by CrazyT »