Author Topic: Ghost Town  (Read 33284 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Re: Ghost Town
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »
It's up to Barry what happens to the forum, but if he wants them to be more active, I think the best course of action would be to make the forum it's own thing that talks about gaming in general.

Barry hasn't even been online since April 30th. It's sad really. I know SEGA doesn't release too many things as of late, but I think if more people found out about this site they would use it. It's definitely not going anywhere though. As far as merging with another website, it's entirely up to the admins.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2017, 10:04:33 pm »
The forum isn't going anywhere and there are no plans to merge it. George and I, and other forum members, have just been busy with life, other site stuff, and the Discord which has been VERY active. Discord doesn't replace the forums, but it sure has shown itself to be another great way for the community to chat and keep in touch. I check the forums nearly every day, I just don't post here daily.

Also worth noting that when the site started, it was the comments and forums. Now, it's Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Discord. As far as all of those, SEGAbits is pretty much top dog in terms of followers and discussion in every one but Facebook (a certain other site bought likes). The social playing field has expanded and as such, there are more people but they are spread out. Forums are becoming an older, less popular method of interaction but they are not going anywhere.

The idea of merging with a general gaming site was something Nerds tried with The Kartel and that was a disaster. Different communities suddenly had all these new people who didn't like their focus or didn't share how their community interacted. It was a mess.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 10:12:54 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2017, 10:17:13 pm »
Well forums have been dying out in most sites due to other stuff, we have been busy updating the front page and all that. I had some ideas on how to integrate the front page and forum but it isn't as easy since it takes a lot of work.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2017, 11:03:07 am »
I have noticed it on other sites too, so it does seem social media like twitter and facebook has taken over that space for the most part. It's a shame, but it is what it is. I personally pefer to stay unknown while I troll George ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 01:58:26 pm by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2017, 11:54:50 am »
I feel the SegaBits forums is the central core of the community. If everything else fails, we will always have this place to call home.

That being said, most of the active member discussion is going on in Discord. I highly advise the ones of you that haven't joined yet to do so!
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2017, 08:22:23 pm »
I mean, If you guys wanted to just give me a link to you Facebook profiles, I would be more than glad to add you as friends. I think maybe I will tell more people about this place and we can have more discussion. I think it has improved in the past couple of months, but it is kind of dead. Not sure what the hype about discord is, but if there are so many members there, then why don't they post here too? Do any of them not know about the forum section?

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2017, 08:35:02 am »
I mean, If you guys wanted to just give me a link to you Facebook profiles, I would be more than glad to add you as friends. I think maybe I will tell more people about this place and we can have more discussion. I think it has improved in the past couple of months, but it is kind of dead. Not sure what the hype about discord is, but if there are so many members there, then why don't they post here too? Do any of them not know about the forum section?
It's mostly the same people, but it's much easier, more accessible and instantaneous to talk there.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2017, 04:23:57 am »
I feel like im becoming a dinosaur

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2017, 10:57:30 am »
No and I am not a grill either.

I think Nameless was the only other girl on this website, but she has not posted in a long time. That's why I think I am the only girl left here.

I lurk here now and again but things have gotten in my way like life and other stuff mainly.

I guess I don't go online that much now. I perfer to blast through games and do other hobbies I guess. That and I closed myself off after bad experiences online for the last 2/3 years (includes every place I visit haha).

I think I follow that Puyo fan from here who is also female but I just read what she puts as they tend to find the best gifs to steal/borrow.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:59:05 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2017, 10:14:22 am »
Be like water.