Author Topic: The "90's Arcade Racer" wants to be the new Daytona USA  (Read 5550 times)

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
The "90's Arcade Racer" wants to be the new Daytona USA
« on: January 22, 2013, 10:30:03 am »
A talented Greek developer has put together a stunning video for their Kickstarter Project. I'm pleased to live in an age where a single person can be inspired to replicate what used to take a dozen or more team members to accomplish at an experienced company.

This is a an arcade racing game for PC, Mac, Linux and hopefully OUYA based on games that I loved playing in the arcades growing up.You could say it's inspired by those games, maybe a tribute to them or simply a rip off, any of these could be true!

The three that ate up most of my coins where Scud Race, Daytona USA and Indy 500, my goal is to recreate the feeling these games evoked from players by maintaining the colorful, vibrant look and sense of speed but with modern visuals and car handling models.

For me, it's more of a question of when I support this. The pledge amount that has my eye is:

Pledge £60 or more

A PC or Mac limited edition physical copy of the game containing two posters and a disc with all the game's art assets to use however you see fit!

$95 for all the models and textures? I'm struggling to reject that proposal...

Thoughts?

Offline JuMeSyn

• Total Meseta: 2
  • The Wanderer
Re: The "90's Arcade Racer" wants to be the new Daytona USA
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 10:47:05 am »
If I had more financial solutions, I would surely back it up. Looks very, very good. Smells like Daytona USA all over it!

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 03:41:11 pm »
Oh snaps, it got a console publisher!

Nicalis will help bring the racing game to iOS, Android and Wii U, in addition to the planned PC, Mac and Linux releases.

Fingers crossed that it rekindles some arcade racing magic.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 03:45:42 pm »
Making it up to Wii U owners for not having Daytona USA HD.