Author Topic: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed disscussion  (Read 251938 times)

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: SEGA announces Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2012, 11:15:28 pm »
super excited for this.  Love the first game.  I'm a little worried that they might be biting off more than they can chew which is frustrating considering how right they got the first game.  This is one of those rare cases where more characters, more courses, and a fleshed out online mode were all that was needed in a sequel.  They've opened a new can of worms with flying and boating.   here's hoping they pull it off!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2012, 11:56:03 pm »
Sorry Mademan but one of your biggest complaints over All-Stars Racing was that if you hit the wall you stopped drifting. I dunno what to tell you, maybe you just don't like the idea of playing Outrun Kart game.
I honestly don't remember making a complaint even remotely similar to this... I remember hating the character and track selection, weapons and the idea of a drift button, but don't remember anything like what you just said. Are you sure you're thinking of me making that complaint?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2012, 12:28:48 am »
Might have been Emmett.

Again, I don't see how having a drift button makes it a bad game. I hate the characters in Mario Kart, but I still find it fun and wouldn't say its a bad game...  :o

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2012, 12:55:28 am »
Might have been Emmett.

Again, I don't see how having a drift button makes it a bad game. I hate the characters in Mario Kart, but I still find it fun and wouldn't say its a bad game...  :o

I didn't say having a drift button made it a bad game, just that I don't like it. While the character choices don't ruin the game either, I do think they were pretty bad last time around (might be better this time though).

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2012, 07:42:03 am »
@Mademan: Did you play the first game at all? Just curious.

Also, I wouldn't expect you to buy a game just because it's a SEGA game. But I'd have thought you'd give a SEGA game a chance, especially when so many forum members enjoyed it and it has fanservice to boot. Maybe SASRT will change your mind when they reveal more of the tracks and characters.

@SegaUranus who isn't actually posting here but is on twitter: Seems the game having a "kiddy" vibe makes it not feel like a SEGA game. Wait, what? I point to Samba de Amigo, Virtua Fighter: Kids, any Sonic game, Puyo Puyo, Alex Kidd, Fantasy Zone and Chu Chu Rocket. All bright and cheery games, all kiddy and all from SEGA. How is All-Stars different from any of those?

Offline stevetheman90

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Welcome to the 'Fantasy Zone'! Get Ready!
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2012, 11:04:09 am »
I will say its unrealistic for Sumo to have all their cool Ip's from Sega in this game, but if they make them trophies or have them as Easter eggs/cameos in the tracks I wont complain.

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2012, 12:45:08 pm »
I really hope ryo is in it T.T !!!

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 05:49:56 pm »
If Ryo's bike turns into a flying forklift. I would catch a holy ghost.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 06:46:36 pm »
@Mademan: Did you play the first game at all? Just curious.

Also, I wouldn't expect you to buy a game just because it's a SEGA game. But I'd have thought you'd give a SEGA game a chance, especially when so many forum members enjoyed it and it has fanservice to boot. Maybe SASRT will change your mind when they reveal more of the tracks and characters.

@SegaUranus who isn't actually posting here but is on twitter: Seems the game having a "kiddy" vibe makes it not feel like a SEGA game. Wait, what? I point to Samba de Amigo, Virtua Fighter: Kids, any Sonic game, Puyo Puyo, Alex Kidd, Fantasy Zone and Chu Chu Rocket. All bright and cheery games, all kiddy and all from SEGA. How is All-Stars different from any of those?

I've never played the first game apart from a demo that seemed to have a broken drifting mechanic (literally I mean, you were constantly drifting and you couldn't stop). I just don't really have much desire to try it out for reasons I've already explained. I might try out the demo for the new one.

And again, I don't really feel compelled to give games a chance because Sega publishes them. Likewise, people on this forum loved Sonic 4 and Sonic Colours, which I also found dull at best and terrible at worst. Sonic Generations the jury is still out on, I haven't really given that much time to judge it.

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2012, 07:19:32 pm »
There's a strong possibility that this game will be shown at Sonic Boom this year. Anyone attending the event? I'll be there with my Shinobi costume and get some coverage with a fellow SegaBits member.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 04:40:01 pm »
Some more details: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-30-sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed-preview-the-saviour-of-arcade-racers

-"These 27 characters will be unlocked in a new single-player adventure mode which is "inspired by games like Mario Galaxy"

Take my money already, SEGA!

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2012, 12:40:16 am »
No Shenmue yet :(

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2012, 10:11:07 am »
Might have been Emmett.

I've never made one complaint about this game that I can remember.  I never quite got enough points to finish unlocking all the tracks and music, though.  I always meant to go back to it.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:16:16 am by Emmett The Crab »

Offline Kori-Maru

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2012, 06:10:24 pm »
Looks like Steve Lycett is attending both SoS and Sonic Boom 2012. Are there any other SegaBits member attending one of those events?

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2012, 06:21:27 pm »
Jason and I are going to Sonic Boom.