Poll

Do you think Sega should make Shenmue III?

Yes
36 (75%)
No
12 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Author Topic: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train! Update: Funded but lets go further!  (Read 667770 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: SEGAbits Shenmue III Hype Train
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2013, 12:23:24 am »
So not even a mention of Shenners in HD. Is it safe to say that Ryo is never going to get out of that fucking cave?

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2013, 05:47:30 pm »
Oh. Ok. I didn't read it all. Sorry.

I actually thought you were quite intelligent, up until that.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2013, 11:33:46 am »
Has their ever been a time when SHENMUE not been mentioned in the news? If they ever release a new game it had better be good. 

3raser

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2013, 10:27:14 pm »
I'm devastated that Sega did not even mention the Shenmue franchise at E3. Maybe the creator is still attempting to think more about it. Perhaps Sega will surprise us all in the future.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2013, 12:15:27 am »
You know why they didn't mention Shenmue at E3? Because there is nothing to talk about.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2013, 12:59:59 pm »
lol.

Yeah unfortunately. I really wasn't expecting to see anything at E3 to be perfectly honest.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2013, 06:54:20 am »
Yet people always find something to talk about when it concerns SHENMUE. For a series that only had two games there's been lots of SHENMUE related info reported in the games media since 2001.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2013, 10:58:07 am »
Don't you think they would have made a third one by now, if they wanted to? It has been twelve years since the last game. People have been protesting that they should make the game ever since the last game was released. Sega is annoyed by people that protest games. Otherwise they would have made Sonic Adventure 3, a new Sega console, Skies of Arcadia 2, and many other gaming experiences that would not sell enough to maintain the company.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2013, 09:19:23 pm »
Sega has more important things to do with their time, like porting Jack Lumber to PC and not translating Yakuza 5.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2013, 10:40:03 pm »
No MadeMan, SEGA has so important things to do with his time and money that, in addition to not translating Yakuza 5, does not publish even the porting of Jack Lumber to PC  :))  , thing of which are interested the developers themselves  ;)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 07:50:05 am »
Sega has more important things to do with their time, like porting Jack Lumber to PC and not translating Yakuza 5.

If you're going to bitch about SEGA, get your facts straight. lol

I'm assuming some of your comments are tongue in cheek, but you have gotta drop the Jack Lumber stuff. For starters, it's actually a really fun title, and SEGA did little else but market it for the devs. From the sound of it, the SEGA Alliance concept was more of a service for small devs than SEGA themselves taking a loss. Since the title didn't do as well as Owlchemy Labs had hoped it would (which I put more on Owlchemy Labs than SEGA due in large part to the title being way too late in the game to compete with Fruit Ninja, which in itself was old news a year before Jack Lumber's release), the SEGA Alliance concept seems to have been dropped.

Since then, anything Jack Lumber related has been handled by Owlchemy Labs. Not SEGA.

I never thought I'd see you dipping into the "why are they releasing an iOS title rather than making Shenmue 3!?" argument, when I'd think you know full well that SEGA of America is handling the digital side of things and has nothing to do with the potential development of a Shenmue 3. Then there is the obvious difference in costs. Shenmue 3 is not equal to the release of a mobile title. But I'm sure you know that.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 08:17:51 am »

You mean making money? Shenmue 3, outside of just releasing the script, is a dumb idea. It's expensive and would get trashed in the media, and could never, ever live up to our expectations. The game would have to be flawless, and while I have no doubt that AM-2 is still the best development house in Sega, it's worth remembering that the originals weren't exactly perfect, either. It'd be a waste of money and a lot of bad press.

People complain about this years E3, but I'm going to go on a limb and say every game they showed will make a lot of money, and all of them will be critically well received. My only gripes are no Project Diva, no PSO 3.

No Yakuza 5 sucks, but they have translated that last four (and Dead Souls), so we'll see.

3raser

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 08:23:13 am »
I have never heard of Jack Lumber. I have no idea if it is a good game or not. Go easy on Mademan. He has an opinion like the rest of you. Sega may just have the game so deep in development that they could not announce it at E3 this year. That is my opinion.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 08:47:15 am »
I have never heard of Jack Lumber. I have no idea if it is a good game or not. Go easy on Mademan. He has an opinion like the rest of you. Sega may just have the game so deep in development that they could not announce it at E3 this year. That is my opinion.

Mademan can take it.

Anyway, doubt the game is "deep in development". At most, the first two might be close to ready for an HD release, but very doubtful that anybody is working on Shenmue 3 at the moment.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2013, 08:55:59 am »
Mademan can take it.

Anyway, doubt the game is "deep in development". At most, the first two might be close to ready for an HD release, but very doubtful that anybody is working on Shenmue 3 at the moment.

At the very most. I wouldn't hold your breath on the HD release