Author Topic: the ideya...  (Read 11385 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
the ideya...
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:10:58 pm »
this is the first time we have done something like this so I am curious to see what you guys think and if you'd like more things like this in the future

i started putting this together yesterday so it's not super polished or anything, just meant to be a fun little treat for the forums.

It's got issues with some mobile devices, but not much i can do about that. If you are on a desktop or laptop with an up to date browser then everything should work great

if you wanted to see the ideya moving again you'll need to clear your cookies, i got it set to stay still after you click it, otherwise I'm sure people would get annoyed by it everytime they clicked a page in the forums if it moved each time

so yeah, tell me what you think :)

edit: font size issue fixed
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:22:40 pm by Will »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: the ideya...
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »
Hahaha this is great. Only thing is that you cant click anything where the snow is falling

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 06:42:37 pm »
Hahaha this is great. Only thing is that you cant click anything where the snow is falling

and yeah, that's sadly a downside to the snow script i found. It wasn't really meant to be put on a web page, it was just meant to be a pretty tech demo i think. xD i had to alter it to get it working on here. Even if you tried to scroll down it cuts off, sadly. Plus it couldn't be persistent either due the way web pages work. Really just meant to be a bit of fun for the holidays, wanted to do something for them.

It was a good learning experience though. Got to work with the youtube API, gave me more ideas on how i could better integrate youtube videos into the forums. cause right now if there is too many on page it causes lots of lag.

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 12:29:40 pm »
I have the same experience as CrazyT. Fun little treat though.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 02:49:39 pm »
I have the same experience as CrazyT. Fun little treat though.

As long as people are enjoying it and able to have a bit of fun with it then I'm happy :)

Normally we usually do something on christmas, but we had nothing planned this year, and I wanted to do something. So i put this together real fast. I hope the way I was talking in the OP didn't make it sound like something amazing or anything.. xD wasn't my intention.

It's actually my first time seriously messing with jquery animation, it's a bit crazy, but fun, its not super complicated like Javascript itself is. Wanna maybe try doing more complex things in the future when I get a better grasp over it.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 03:13:29 pm »
 :) I'm enjoying it, be happy Will ;)
SEGA STYLE

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 04:43:01 pm »
:) I'm enjoying it, be happy Will ;)

Heh, thanks deefy :)

I've changed the music, thought it would be fun to change things for variety, keeps things interesting. I'll change it each day up to new years eve

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 01:09:16 am »
this is me rightnow:

Sorry guys XD it's just for one day. I couldn't help myself. Was having too much fun with jquery

besides, no one is nice anymore, everyone is naughty :D

if you hate it that much you can turn off javascript or something along those lines.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 11:21:38 am »
Alright guys, if you saw the latest shenanigans, and it upset you, then I apologize. I was feeling really mischievous last night xD and I really shouldn't of done what I did, but i was dying of laughter.

If you missed the fun i took some screens
http://i.imgur.com/9r3UYs1.png
http://i.imgur.com/BimoFXT.png

basically some text flashed across the screen of Santa talking about you being naughty, and then the site transformed to minecraft, and idea was he was punishing you with mining coal in minecraft xD. had minecraft on my mind. I hope at least someone got a laugh out of it

anyways, i wanted to make it up to anyone who was really bothered by it, so I got the snow effect working much better, and if you click the ideya you'll get a nice little surprise :)

Merry Christmas! :D

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 11:58:35 am »
Shadi: SEGAbits's own personal Krampus. Awesome. XD

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, 12:21:05 pm »
 :))

Merry Christmas everyone.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2013, 12:59:06 pm »
;D

i'm not a devil. I was just having a bit too much fun with jquery.

Merry Christmas! and be sure to play Minecraft

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2013, 08:35:52 pm »
Christmas in Dobuita is actually my favorite track from the game and I totally forgot to give it a listen today, so thanks for that :P :)

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »
Updated the ideya with a new song. I'll be taking the ideya down tomorrow. I think this song is appropriate for starting off the new year. Life is all about living and learning after all. and a new year is a good time to continue living and learning from your past mistakes :)

happy new year everyone! :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:25:28 pm by Will »