Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 266964 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #630 on: September 27, 2022, 08:25:16 pm »
I thought and hoped with Nagoshi-san gone the creative side of SEGA might make a come back. I guess its a bit soon and while its nice to see SEGA focus on making AAA games for the consoles and PC again. It's very disappointing to see them milk the Yakuza IP (yet again) and even more of a letdown to see the team use Unreal for the Remaster, much less have the team handle the remaster too.

Strike when the iron is still hot and I guess that what they do with Yakuza.
That reminds me that back then they used Unreal for Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania since Dragon Engine isn't compatible with Switch.
Could it be they that they use Unreal since may be they're planning Switch version too?
Not soon of course but may be a year later after PC/XBox/PS4&5 version?

I would have liked to see the team given more time to work on a new IP and the Yakuza IP given a little break. I'll still end up buying them all mind LOL

Same. They do work on a new IP but I guess SEGA wouldn't let them focus on that, not when Yakuza is still hot item...

https://www.destructoid.com/ryu-ga-gotoku-working-on-non-yakuza-judgment-universe-games/

Last year they made Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania and Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown so I'm sure they're good enough to create a new Non Yakuza game.

Offline Berto

« Reply #631 on: September 29, 2022, 10:25:00 pm »
Happy Crane Day!

Today is Crane Day in Japan
In the Yakuza series, in addition to delinquents and yakuza, you can also fight against heavy machinery like cranes with wrecking balls!

Source : https://www.facebook.com/RGGStudio.asia/

Offline Berto

« Reply #632 on: September 30, 2022, 01:36:54 am »
‘Yakuza 8’ Will be the ‘Largest Like A Dragon Game to Date, Sega Confirms

Yokoyama further added that Like a Dragon 8 role-playing gameplay design would share similarities with Yakuza: Like a Dragon.
This choice was made due to the game’s story since both games include a ton of discussions and focus on working with friends, so the RPG system and combat appeared to be the way to go.

Article : https://manofmany.com/entertainment/gaming/yakuza-8-like-a-dragon-8

Offline Berto

« Reply #633 on: September 30, 2022, 01:50:41 am »
Yakuza devs reveal why Ishin was remade instead of Kenzan

"From all of the fan feedback we have received, many fans wanted an Ishin remake more than Kenzan," the Yakuza executive producer Masayoshi Yokoyama and chief producer Hiroyuki Sakamoto pair told the outlet.
"We also believed that Ishin was more popular, and if we wanted to bring in the Kenzan remake, we would want to change the storyline a little bit, and that would take a lot of time and would be budget-consuming. It really needs good timing for us to consider a remake of Kenzan."

Article : https://www.gamesradar.com/yakuza-devs-reveal-why-ishin-was-remade-instead-of-kenzan/

Offline Berto

« Reply #634 on: September 30, 2022, 01:52:04 am »
Like a Dragon: Ishin! - 20 Minutes of PS5 Gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-FBpPGEWOQ

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #635 on: September 30, 2022, 03:00:12 am »

Strike when the iron is still hot and I guess that what they do with Yakuza.
That reminds me that back then they used Unreal for Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania since Dragon Engine isn't compatible with Switch.
Could it be they that they use Unreal since may be they're planning Switch version too?

Milk like SEGA did with Monkeyball more like ;). I'm not a fan of years sequels for non sports titles and Mania is made with Unity BTW.

Same. They do work on a new IP but I guess SEGA wouldn't let them focus on that, not when Yakuza is still hot item

They are said to be making a new IP but with the team having to work on so making Yakuza games one wonders how many resources they can dictate to the game.

I agree with you and that what hurts so much.  The team show they can make ace new IP; Binary Domain is ace and for me better than the Gears of War Games. I so rather the team make a sequel to that game

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Berto

« Reply #636 on: October 01, 2022, 08:30:26 pm »
Milk like SEGA did with Monkeyball more like. I'm not a fan of years sequels for non sports titles and Mania is made with Unity BTW.

I see.. So that's why Mania is running flawlessly in Switch..
Still it's a 2D game though so I guess it's not the best comparison for Yakuza.

They are said to be making a new IP but with the team having to work on so making Yakuza games one wonders how many resources they can dictate to the game.

I agree with you and that what hurts so much.  The team show they can make ace new IP; Binary Domain is ace and for me better than the Gears of War Games. I so rather the team make a sequel to that game

I can imagine how it went in SEGA HQ :

RGG Studio: Okay, if a new IP can't be our focus, our Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown! is also done now, can we make Virtua Fighter 6 now?
SEGA : Sure. But after you finished Ishin remake. And LAD Gaiden. And LAD8.

LAD8 is 2024 so probably their new game or VF6 (if it ever planned) will be out in 2025. Or may be later than that if turned out LAD8 is a succes and SEGA askedthem to make LAD9.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #637 on: October 02, 2022, 03:11:33 am »
I can imagine how it used to go under Nahoshi-san. When the teams are making their submissions of games to be approved.  No No NO to teams for new stuff, we'll just making a new Yakuza game. Meeting closed !!!

Hopfully with Nagoshi gone, things will pick up

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Berto

« Reply #638 on: October 02, 2022, 08:58:12 pm »
I can imagine how it used to go under Nahoshi-san. When the teams are making their submissions of games to be approved.  No No NO to teams for new stuff, we'll just making a new Yakuza game. Meeting closed !!!

Hopfully with Nagoshi gone, things will pick up

I wanted to believe that, but after having three Yakuza games announced at the same day's making it hard to hope for that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #639 on: October 03, 2022, 12:07:07 am »
SEGA CORPORATION's Published Mobile Games September 2022 Summary

Total SEGA CORPORATION mobile app revenue in September 2022 was $19m, including $12m for iOS apps and $7m for Android apps.
Total mobile app downloads for SEGA CORPORATION was 9m, including 1m iOS app downloads and 7m Android app downloads.
SEGA CORPORATION has a total of 522 apps (inactive apps included), including 289 iOS apps, and 233 Android apps.
Their top grossing app last month was Project Sekai Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku (JP) and their most downloaded app was Sonic Dash.

Link : https://app.sensortower.com/ios/publisher/sega-corporation/302946768
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 12:14:24 am by Berto »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #640 on: October 03, 2022, 03:59:34 am »
I wanted to believe that, but after having three Yakuza games announced at the same day's making it hard to hope for that.

Hopfully there're legacy calls made while under Nagoshi-san. Maybe next year we'll see some more creativity back at SEGA. To their credit mind, SEGA Japan been making great games the last few years. I really hope we get a sequel to Sakura Wars
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #641 on: October 03, 2022, 04:00:38 am »
SEGA CORPORATION's Published Mobile Games September 2022 Summary

Link : https://app.sensortower.com/ios/publisher/sega-corporation/302946768

I remember when some (even on here) said that Mobile was the future. Thank GOD SEGA gone back to make AAA games on the consoles and PC's
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #642 on: October 03, 2022, 09:47:11 am »
I remember when some (even on here) said that Mobile was the future. Thank GOD SEGA gone back to make AAA games on the consoles and PC's
I don't want mobile games to be the future. Let PC master race remain.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #643 on: October 03, 2022, 09:59:06 am »
I don't want mobile games to be the future. Let PC master race remain.

Well Im console, but as look as SEGA is making AAA games on the consoles and PC. I'm happy.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #644 on: October 03, 2022, 10:24:05 am »
Well Im console, but as look as SEGA is making AAA games on the consoles and PC. I'm happy.
I'm a PC gamer because it's more convenient. But whenever Sega releases a new mobile game that my phone just can't play I feel left out. It's why I never played Sonic Runners or Speed Battle even though I'll probably like those games.