Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 273556 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2014, 10:08:18 am »
Kamurocho and Osaka again...?

Dissapointing...5 and Kenzan were the best till now, in terms of Expansion. 5 had 3 completly new cities, 1 old one in next-gen form. Kenzan had a completly new setting.

Other than a new story and fanservice there seems nothing new or innovative about this one so far.

Offline 真鵜雄

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2014, 10:10:30 am »

Dissapointing...5 and Kenzan were the best till now, in terms of Expansion. 5 had 3 completly new cities, 1 old one in next-gen form. Kenzan had a completly new setting.

Other than a new story and fanservice there seems nothing new or innovative about this one so far.

at least (I hope) them will look different, because the game is set in 1988

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2014, 10:15:08 am »
It has been confirmed.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/475269/yakuza-zero-prequel-announced/

1988 huh, interesting. Real shame this game won't see the light of day over here.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2014, 10:23:29 am »
It has been confirmed.

1988 huh, interesting. Real shame this game won't see the light of day over here.

My thoughts exactly. At least we get that masturbation fuel Miku thing, right guys?

Offline 真鵜雄

« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2014, 10:23:51 am »
It has been confirmed.

actually it`s not confirmed, just one person said has got already famitsu and wrote that info on the net.
it will be confirmed on 28th.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2014, 10:28:27 am »
My thoughts exactly. At least we get that masturbation fuel Miku thing, right guys?

Yeah, i guess so.. I guess Sega just doesn't like money. All i've ever wanted was to play as Kazuma Kiryu driving a AE86 through the streets of Akihabara.

actually it`s not confirmed, just one person said has got already famitsu and wrote that info on the net.
it will be confirmed on 28th.

It's about as confirmed as it gets.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2014, 10:40:44 am »
Yeah, i guess so.. I guess Sega just doesn't like money. All i've ever wanted was to play as Kazuma Kiryu driving a AE86 through the streets of Akihabara.

*waits for someone to come in and explain that Sega made eleven jillion dollary-doos from Hatsune Miku Bikini Micro Transaction Adventure exclusively on iOS and Android, and made a net loss of twenty cents on Yakuza: Dead Souls, which was the best selling Yakuza game in the USA, with both copies being sold by accident to a short-sighted old lady trying to buy Dark Souls for her grandsons.*

Either way, it's sad that even a new Yakuza doesn't pique my interest any more. Well it does a little bit. I might eventually get around to playing Yakuza 5, balancing a controller in one hand and my laptop with a translation FAQ in the other wondering why I can't unlock the final hostess club mission.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2014, 11:04:07 am »
Excited, really looking forward to not only a younger Kazuma but also we get to see Nishiki, Kazama, Shintoro, Sera, Kashiwagi, Yumi etc all over again. Exploring Kazuma's relationship with his first love is going to be an interesting one.

Also going to be great to see how they do Majima in the game, in Dead Souls he wasn't doing hand to hand combat.

*waits for someone to come in and explain that Sega made eleven jillion dollary-doos from Hatsune Miku Bikini Micro Transaction Adventure exclusively on iOS and Android, and made a net loss of twenty cents on Yakuza: Dead Souls, which was the best selling Yakuza game in the USA, with both copies being sold by accident to a short-sighted old lady trying to buy Dark Souls for her grandsons.*

No Luke, I won't tell you how much Miku sold, instead I'll tell you some games that sold better than any Yakuza title ever managed to in the US!*

gravity rush
tearaway
resistance: burning skies
the wonderful 101
zombi u
ghost recon shadow wars
any phoenix wright game for the ds
eternal sonata
dark sector
untold legends: dark kingdom
viva piñata trouble in paradise
ogre battle 64
earthworm jim 3d
bubsy 3d
resident evil 3 for dreamcast

*Information stolen from NeoGAF.

Either way, it's sad that even a new Yakuza doesn't pique my interest any more. Well it does a little bit. I might eventually get around to playing Yakuza 5, balancing a controller in one hand and my laptop with a translation FAQ in the other wondering why I can't unlock the final hostess club mission.

But the storyline is awesome and doesn't require a guide to complete except for one or two parts : (

You won't be able to enjoy most of the extra content from Haruka's idol management to Saejima's animal hunting segments though which is a shame since this is the stuff preventing the game from coming over here.

Yakuza has been like a good crime drama. Same character and settings but its always awesome seeing where they can take the plotline from here.

But indeed it'll be hard to move forward from the greatest game ever made aka Yakuza 5.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2014, 11:40:38 am »
Old-school Arcades are the perfect oppurtunity to get some M2-ports rolling.

Yakuza has been like a good crime drama. Same character and settings but its always awesome seeing where they can take the plotline from here. But indeed it'll be hard to move forward from the greatest game ever made aka Yakuza 5

I guess in terms of Sega franchises, it's more the PSO rather than Sonic (that always changes, for the worse thou)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:54:22 am by Trippled »

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2014, 12:06:37 pm »
It would be interesting that ,in the game, we would see some NPC's talking about the notice about the Yokozuka crime that left behind a boy without a father and now this boy is travelling to Hong Kong....it would be great for maximum trolling xD
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 12:08:44 pm by Nirmugen »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2014, 04:14:05 pm »
I was just going to say, i'm excited for the 80's setting and I hope they don't fuck it up.

Offline 真鵜雄

« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2014, 06:28:05 am »
rumor confirmed and Kiryu and Majima are now very ugly xD

http://otakomu.jp/archives/146647.html

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2014, 07:33:49 am »
Majima looks a lot more slick.

Get hyped.

Also welcome 真鵜雄! In the rush of RGG news I forgot to welcome you.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:53:29 am by Aki-at »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2014, 08:03:28 am »
Oh god, that Majima looks... weird.

I hope he gets his leopard print jacket at some point.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2014, 09:17:52 am »
If its going to be like the other games..forget it. A young Kazuma can't be the heroic figure of the previous games where he kind of retired and stood apart from the Yakuza..he has to be like a Yakuza in this game since its a prequel. IE this has to be more like GTA than the first game never was because the scenario is completely different. I don't expect it to be that over the top like GTA but the morality and certain things has to be in tone like that game..ie you are committing criminal acts and knowing the yakuza actually killing certain people. If its just the same nonsense of a reflective sad kazuma playing the good yakuza and"in love" which i suspect may be in this title..than i wait until it goes down in low price and sceond hand....and if Sonny Chiba aint in it i'll wait even further to buy it...