Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 275091 times)

Offline 真鵜雄

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2014, 12:10:43 am »

Hey speaking about Yakuza, did you imported Yakuza Ishin some time ago right? what do you think about it?.

it is the worst Yakuza I ever played :D

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2014, 05:41:24 am »

Its not a missed opportunity really. Its just coming out too soon . SEGA Japan need to give Yakuza and the team a break for the IP for a couple of years . Bring in some tech and make another new IP and then go back and work on a new Yakuza game .

I'll expect more of the Yakuza team to leave and for this IP to be run into the ground over the next 2 years and then what SEGA Japan got to offer ?

PSO and other titles that are making a mint for them in the asia market.

ot sure what RGG Studio is going to do about new IPs/the future though. It's a strange situation they find themselves in, can't trust their Western branches to market their games,

Well that excuse has been eliminated now considering its SOJ running all the subsidiaries now. I wouldn't blame SOA or SOE for the failure of BINARY DOMAIN totally on their doorstep...especially when SOJ was still running the main operations in the west back then as well.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2014, 06:39:28 am »
From what I heard SEGA Europe/West were giving little thought to their Japanese IPs at that time.

Hey speaking about Yakuza, did you imported Yakuza Ishin some time ago right? what do you think about it?.

It's very much more of a fan / nostalgia game than the best in the series. Pretty much prefer all the numbered title except 1 to it. Like it more than Kenzan and Dead Souls though.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2014, 07:07:12 am »
From what I heard SEGA Europe/West were giving little thought to their Japanese IPs at that time.

I heard that rumor but the reality is Sega west doesn't have the autonomy like they use to during Kalinske's reign of SOA. The guy running the Sega operations was a SOJ guy named Masanao Maeda. So Hayes can't really be blamed for BD or Sega west's lack of effort since the day to day operations was ran by that guy...and really no suprising on what eventually happened...So SOJ in my opinion is to blame here more than Sega west...Hayes was a scapegoat and shouldn't have been made to leave..

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2014, 07:58:56 am »
The engine is based on the one they developed for Binary Domain.

Not sure what RGG Studio is going to do about new IPs/the future though. It's a strange situation they find themselves in, can't trust their Western branches to market their games, can't fall back on a dwindling Japanese market for long and SEGA unlike Capcom, Konami etc do not have established IPs that sell well to the Western market outside of Sonic the Hedgehog. Not really a positive long term outlook.

Yakuza guys should have been the ones to make a new Golden Axe, not Secret Level.

You know what, get the Yakuza team to make a new Alien game. Where you play as a Predator and roam the streets beating up Aliens, on the Alien Planet. And they kidnap a little girl Predator that you save and train female predators to be Hostesses at your Predator club. All the Aliens are looking for the missing one billion Alien-Dollars from their Alien Clan and they suspect the Predators.

This shit writes itself.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2014, 09:44:57 am »
And you know what the joke is MM...Sega australia was coming with a game that would have put them on the map...they were making games called Sega reborn with individual titles of classic IP which would have culminated with all those characters featured in one big game..just like Marvel and their superhero movie universe...
It would have been one of the interesting Sega crossover or megamix titles they'd have produced.

Yakuza team wouldn't have been interested in GOLDEN AXE. They'd have been more interested in pushing their own IPS that they were associated with like JSR.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #126 on: August 29, 2014, 10:26:15 am »
And you know what the joke is MM...Sega australia was coming with a game that would have put them on the map...they were making games called Sega reborn with individual titles of classic IP which would have culminated with all those characters featured in one big game..just like Marvel and their superhero movie universe...

Sega Australia being which teams? CA?

I've been wanting Sega to make a big fuck-off crossover game forever, it would work really well IMO. And I don't mean stuff like 'Let's make Mario Kart, but with Sonic'.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #127 on: August 29, 2014, 10:50:24 am »
Yeah they use to be called Creative Assembly australia until they were restructured and called Sega studios Australia.

And no REBORN UNIVERSE was more likely some type of platform beat em up..i'm not sure which but it wasn't going to be a sonic kart game and Sonic wasn't hardly part of it. Like i said that game would have been a strong title and would have gotten excited about Sega even more because it brought their classic ips together  in one big team up game...

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #128 on: August 29, 2014, 02:45:04 pm »
PSO and other titles that are making a mint for them in the asia marke

Nothing then... No wonder so many old SEGA fans have given up on the corp and moved on
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #129 on: August 29, 2014, 02:51:53 pm »

Nothing then... No wonder so many old SEGA fans have given up on the corp and moved on

What you mean the ones that's been asking for SOA to localize the YAKUZA and PSO games all over the place? Or do you mean the bandwagon jumpers who say that they're sega fans (just because they happened to play a genesis once in their lifetime when they were a kid)but their sega knowledge is limited to Sonic and not even the good sonic games (and start to act they are an expert on sega and demand and dictate what Sega should be doing)?Pretty much half the peeps at gamer's republic then...

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #130 on: August 29, 2014, 04:12:33 pm »
What you mean the ones that's been asking for SOA to localize the YAKUZA and PSO games all over the place

Oh you mean the handful on here . People always want stuff more when it's out of their reach . Remember the cries for Virtual Fighter 5 Final to be brought out or the calls for Yakuza 4 to be translated and in the end they both sell like crap over here .

Wake up .. SEGA is dead to most of its old fans and SEGA is offering little for us to cheer , much less look forward too 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2014, 07:58:42 am »

Oh you mean the handful on here . People always want stuff more when it's out of their reach . Remember the cries for Virtual Fighter 5 Final to be brought out or the calls for Yakuza 4 to be translated and in the end they both sell like crap over here .

Wake up .. SEGA is dead to most of its old fans and SEGA is offering little for us to cheer , much less look forward too 

No the people here actually buy the games..they're sega fans...I'm talking about the fair whether people who say they are sega fans but never buy them..you know the ones that you were pals with...

The sega fandom died after the DC...most of them didn't bother to continue gaming after that and the ones that did had to choose between which system to get further splitting the audience.

Time to face it the sega fan of one particular era has been replaced by a new breed of one..which is what i been saying all along.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2014, 08:42:22 am »
I always thought kazuma kiryu looked the way he did from 3 onwards was because he got older from the first HD itirations. Looking at a younger kazuma in this and comparing it to the one in yakuza 1 and 2 still looking like he did in 3 and 4. Thats kind of only what I find dissapointing. For some reason I just liked his looks a bit more in Yakuza 1 and 2. Just a minor thing anyway and the only thing I can say so far.

Hope this comes to west... aha.. ahahah...ahahaha

Offline ROJM

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2014, 12:41:39 pm »
I always thought kazuma kiryu looked the way he did from 3 onwards was because he got older from the first HD itirations. Looking at a younger kazuma in this and comparing it to the one in yakuza 1 and 2 still looking like he did in 3 and 4. Thats kind of only what I find dissapointing. For some reason I just liked his looks a bit more in Yakuza 1 and 2. Just a minor thing anyway and the only thing I can say so far.

Hope this comes to west... aha.. ahahah...ahahaha

Actually to be honest that bothered me a bit..i prefer his look in the first two YAKUZA games..but 3 look is the standard now..

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2014, 02:06:47 am »
No the people here actually buy the games..they're sega fans.

C'Mon plenty said please, please SEGA bring out VF 5 Final or please please bring Yakuza 4 to the west and in the end they sell in very low numbers . People always want something more when they can't have it and when it comes they just move on ...

The sega fandom died after the DC...most of them didn't bother to continue gaming

SEGA still had a good name with most gamers and had respect with quality games like Space Channel 5 Part II, REZ, PSO Ver II, HOTD III, VF 4 Evo, Orta, GV, Sakura Wars IV, Super Monkey Ball  coming out . All that's gone now and even Yakuza is fast being run in to the ground with little new and old outdated tech.

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is