Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 273219 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2014, 06:02:50 am »

C'Mon plenty said please, please SEGA bring out VF 5 Final or please please bring Yakuza 4 to the west and in the end they sell in very low numbers . People always want something more when they can't have it and when it comes they just move on ...

You are having a laugh...who do you think brought those games...this website caters to a section of sega gamers that are not big in number...most of the numbers are probably attributed to them...so that statement is stupid. The gamers republic and Sega.com no there your comment would make sense but not here...
SEGA still had a good name with most gamers and had respect with quality games like Space Channel 5 Part II, REZ, PSO Ver II, HOTD III, VF 4 Evo, Orta, GV, Sakura Wars IV, Super Monkey Ball  coming out . All that's gone now and even Yakuza is fast being run in to the ground with little new and old outdated tech.
No people were complaing about sega not doing this for their system or doing that on this system. Still pissing people off no matter what. Sammy wasn't the cause of it and they're still not. Like i said mismanagement from SOJ is traditional ...and a joke...

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2014, 07:18:34 am »
You are having a laugh...who do you think brought those games...this website caters to a section of sega gamers that are not big in numbe

Small numbers which is just my point .

No people were complaing about sega not doing this for their system or doing that on this system.

Yeah the good days when people sort of looked forward to SEGA games . Other than Yakuza and PSO II SEGA Japan got little to offer and the new Yakuza just looks more of the same with hardly anything new and the same outdated tech

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2014, 01:31:33 pm »

Small numbers which is just my point .

No that wasn't your point..you said no body here was buying sega games...which is an insult to most of the people here. You know as well as i do that these guys who are younger than us are the most dedicated sega fans of their generation..You effectively said they weren't buying anything. What's happened to you ..man..really...

Yeah the good days when people sort of looked forward to SEGA games . Other than Yakuza and PSO II SEGA Japan got little to offer and the new Yakuza just looks more of the same with hardly anything new and the same outdated tech
Nobody other than Sega fans looked forward to Sega games...you really are rewriting history to suit your own ends man..All i need to do is bring sharky and ask him exactly what happened when me you and him were part of another site and how many people were excited about sega fans..he'll tell you the same answer i'm giving you..not many..

And the point is really moot...YAKUZA is still a Sega game with some good Sega DNA and you're trashing it because of who is making the game with STUPID excuses. I don't see you slag off EA using the exact fracking engine for Madden and Fifa for over ten fing years back in the MD to whatever system it went on afterwards...what about Capcom who also used the same fing engine for SF for over a decade with no real changes? And you are slagging off sega for doing the same thing? At least the games don't play or feel the same..can't say that about other titles of its ilk..

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:34:02 pm by ROJM »

Offline 真鵜雄

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2014, 03:05:23 am »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2014, 03:22:04 am »
No that wasn't your point..you said no body here was buying sega games

No I said the handful on here .

Oh you mean the handful on here

At the end of the day its not good enough.

Nobody other than Sega fans looked forward to Sega games.

That's not true - Quite a lot of non SEGA die hards liked the likes of Crazy Taxi, Super Monkey Ball or NFL 2k. And even if you weren't a SEGA fan one couldn't dismiss the quality productions like REZ, Orta, VF 4 EVO, Shenmue II and so on .

YAKUZA is still a Sega game with some good Sega DNA and you're trashing it because of who is making the game with STUPID excuses

I've never trashed Yakuza 1 or 2 or never trashed Spikeout or the likes of Moneyball 1 and II or Binary Domain . Its got nothing to do with Nagoshi-san and every thing to do with the tight deadlines and yearly sequels than means each new Yakuza game is more of the same with little new and little chance of new tech.

I don't see you slag off EA using the exact fracking engine for Madden and Fifa for over ten fing years back in the MD to whatever system it went on afterwards.
I don't play Madden . With regards to FIFA maybe you should play the next gen versions of the game and see EA brand New Ignite engine in full force . Not only do EA had 2 teams working on Fifa (so each team has 2 years to make a new FIFA) they also now have a brand new Next Gen engine that is a massive and vast improvement on what's gone before .

Yakzua Kenzan on the PS4 looked hardly any better than on the PS3 and Yakuza Zero looks just the same .

what about Capcom who also used the same fing engine for SF for over a decade with no real changes?
Sorry that's just being silly. !st it wasn't 10 years SF III came out in 1997 . And sure Capcom SF II looked similar  That was simply down the Capcom using its CPS II board in most cases just with a simple chip update  . And no real changes ? Street Fighter 2 Zero games had re dawn characters and vastly improved gameplay , infact Street Fighter 3 Zero is one of the best 2D fighters ever made

And you are slagging off sega for doing the same thing? At least the games don't play or feel the same..can't say that about other titles of its ilk..

What ? Each new Yakuza Game is just more of the same . You know I don't mind that , but SEGA should do what the likes of Ubisoft do and that's have separate teams working on the updates and also seriously update its tech like Ubisoft does . So you can have the same old gameplay that people like, but with a brand new setting and tech allows the game to at least look and feel fresh

Face facts SEGA is milesbehind on tech

Here's Ubi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzBJPOcmke0

Here's Fromsoftware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDh9D4619kY

Here's Capcom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN-J7-gs_VA

What SEGA Japan got ?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:26:31 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline 真鵜雄

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2014, 04:45:19 am »
at Sony conference city names were wrote in roma-ji too, I think that means...it will be sold in foreign countries too.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2014, 05:49:15 am »

No I said the handful on here .

Here's a reminder...

Oh you mean the handful on here . People always want stuff more when it's out of their reach . Remember the cries for Virtual Fighter 5 Final to be brought out or the calls for Yakuza 4 to be translated and in the end they both sell like crap over here .

There's more than a handful on this site..and your second comment says it all..indicating no one here backs up on what they intend to buy...

At the end of the day its not good enough.

I don't see the new fans complaining...

That's not true - Quite a lot of non SEGA die hards liked the likes of Crazy Taxi, Super Monkey Ball or NFL 2k. And even if you weren't a SEGA fan one couldn't dismiss the quality productions like REZ, Orta, VF 4 EVO, Shenmue II and so on .
It is true...a lot of people were dismissing Sega....remember the DC? How popular was it with gamers? Stop trying to rewrite history..next thing you'll be saying is that the DC was Sega's most successful console...

I've never trashed Yakuza 1 or 2 or never trashed Spikeout or the likes of Moneyball 1 and II or Binary Domain . Its got nothing to do with Nagoshi-san and every thing to do with the tight deadlines and yearly sequels than means each new Yakuza game is more of the same with little new and little chance of new tech.

Come on i and everyone here have seen you trash Nagoshi personally for whateve reason while in the same breath you praise Naka who was also helping ruin Sega during the noughties with rubbish games. You can't have both...

I don't play Madden . With regards to FIFA maybe you should play the next gen versions of the game and see EA brand New Ignite engine in full force . Not only do EA had 2 teams working on Fifa (so each team has 2 years to make a new FIFA) they also now have a brand new Next Gen engine that is a massive and vast improvement on what's gone before .

You don't need to play Madden to know EA used the same engine during the MD era..as they did with FIFA..yet you come here prasing how great that game is when its pratically the same game.

They repeat the same thing new engine..milk it for five to ten years...new engine five to ten years...Sega does it with YAKUZA and you're condemning them...

Yakzua Kenzan on the PS4 looked hardly any better than on the PS3 and Yakuza Zero looks just the same .
KENZEN never came out on the PS4...and Zero..that's your opinion...

Sorry that's just being silly. !st it wasn't 10 years SF III came out in 1997 . And sure Capcom SF II looked similar  That was simply down the Capcom using its CPS II board in most cases just with a simple chip update  . And no real changes ? Street Fighter 2 Zero games had re dawn characters and vastly improved gameplay , infact Street Fighter 3 Zero is one of the best 2D fighters ever made

What a suprise defending Capcom the worst offenders...geez why do you come here if you hate sega so much?

What ? Each new Yakuza Game is just more of the same . You know I don't mind that , but SEGA should do what the likes of Ubisoft do and that's have separate teams working on the updates and also seriously update its tech like Ubisoft does . So you can have the same old gameplay that people like, but with a brand new setting and tech allows the game to at least look and feel fresh

Sega isn't ubisoft..or capcom or anyone else...you face the facts..and money wise they're not doing badly either...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:57:53 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2014, 07:23:54 am »
There's more than a handful on this site.

Tiny numbers and that's was reflected in the sales , they both sold poor despite the countless call for them to come .

I don't see the new fans complaining

What fans ? And what tiny of amount of fans there were . SEGA made sure to upset the fans here but not even brining the likes of Yakuza 5 or PSO II to the west .

a lot of people were dismissing Sega....remember the DC? How popular was it with gamers?

It wasn't that popular- it did very well in the USA. Japan and Europe totally different story  . But in the end SEGA pumped out the classics which covered over so many cracks .

Come on i and everyone here have seen you trash Nagoshi personally for whateve reason while in the same breath you praise Naka
Nagoshi-san is part of the trouble and the old guard . I don't or haven't trashed the likes of Moneyball 1 or II, Spikeout , Binary Domain or the 1st 2 Yakuza games .

They were quality games with good gameplay and in most cases (bar Spikeout) great tech behind them .

You don't need to play Madden to know EA used the same engine during the MD

Sporting  sequels is just a bit different and I haven't played a Madden game tidy since 98 .  Fifa to EA credit has raised the bar in football games and they've for years now pushed the boat out in terms of gameplay and trying to improve its engine . FIFA on the XBox One and PS4 is a marked and massive improvement over the 360 and PS3 versions thanks to the Ignite engine powering them .

KENZEN never came out on the PS4...and Zero..that's your opinion

Oh sorry Ishin - A game that hardly looked any better than the PS3 version and as for Zero its looks hardly any different to what's gone before . No shock really since the team have so little time to get anything done .

What a suprise defending Capcom the worst offenders.

No its called facts . You know SEGA does the same - How many upgrades and updates did the likes of VF 4 and VF 5 get . Lets see VF 4, VF IV Evo, VF Fine Tuned (never mind the versions c and so on) VF 5, VF 5 R, VF 5 showdown and again we also had versions C, B C and so on .

Street Fighter Zero games had a totally different look and complete overhaul on the battle systems - so much that Zero III is the pinnacle of the series for many .

Sega isn't ubisoft..or capcom or anyone else

And boy isn't it showing . For many SEGA is about the good old days for the here and now SEGA Japan have little IP to offer the west , no new tech and well hardly any IP that people really care about . SEGA Japan  now just a basic soulless bog standard ordinary 3rd party corp 

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2014, 02:06:48 pm »

Tiny numbers and that's was reflected in the sales , they both sold poor despite the countless call for them to come .

And that's because of the neverwhether fans...not sega fans..hardly an indictment for people who visit this place...

What fans ? And what tiny of amount of fans there were . SEGA made sure to upset the fans here but not even brining the likes of Yakuza 5 or PSO II to the west .

There's always been a tiny fanbase of Sega fans after DC simply because the majority of them stopped gaming,moved on to arcades or whatever..what's left are people who are fans of Sega franchises but not Sega as a company..something i told you ages ago but you had to argue that one too..now you are repating the same thing i said...

It wasn't that popular- it did very well in the USA. Japan and Europe totally different story  . But in the end SEGA pumped out the classics which covered over so many cracks .

Not good enough..because we all are living in a world with no sega consoles..so no the game sdidn't cover the cracks and the peole that could have helped them stay in the buisness were all fired...SOJ and SOJ management alone are the ones who destroyed sega...

Nagoshi-san is part of the trouble and the old guard . I don't or haven't trashed the likes of Moneyball 1 or II, Spikeout , Binary Domain or the 1st 2 Yakuza games .

So what..you still trash Nagoshi every chance but not Naka who also was a problem.

They were quality games with good gameplay and in most cases (bar Spikeout) great tech behind them .
At last you admit it...

Sporting  sequels is just a bit different and I haven't played a Madden game tidy since 98 .  Fifa to EA credit has raised the bar in football games and they've for years now pushed the boat out in terms of gameplay and trying to improve its engine . FIFA on the XBox One and PS4 is a marked and massive improvement over the 360 and PS3 versions thanks to the Ignite engine powering them .

No it isn't. Its still using an old engine for too long. So stop making excuses for EA and stop bashing Sega...

Oh sorry Ishin - A game that hardly looked any better than the PS3 version and as for Zero its looks hardly any different to what's gone before . No shock really since the team have so little time to get anything done .

Hard to judge from an early magazine shot...

No its called facts . You know SEGA does the same - How many upgrades and updates did the likes of VF 4 and VF 5 get . Lets see VF 4, VF IV Evo, VF Fine Tuned (never mind the versions c and so on) VF 5, VF 5 R, VF 5 showdown and again we also had versions C, B C and so on .

Compared to Capcom..minimal...very minimal..yet again we excuse capcom but not sega...

Street Fighter Zero games had a totally different look and complete overhaul on the battle systems - so much that Zero III is the pinnacle of the series for many .

The same game in a five year period..yeah....but i enjoyed it on my saturn...arcade perfecto

And boy isn't it showing . For many SEGA is about the good old days for the here and now SEGA Japan have little IP to offer the west , no new tech and well hardly any IP that people really care about . SEGA Japan  now just a basic soulless bog standard ordinary 3rd party corp 

No Sega is about evolving...the Sega games of the 70s were vastly different to the ones in the eighties...and the sega games of the nineties were different to the ones of the eighties and so on..Sega never sticks to one style of game or type of game...its just an eventual passing of one style of Sega game leading towards another...

But considering no one buys sega games even when they had real geat games..its no wonder why they don't release many titles in the west..its hardly nothing to off..so stop lying, stop spinning and stop sega bashing...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 02:16:21 pm by ROJM »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2014, 08:28:15 am »
That trailer looks great! I know it's probably not representative of the actual game, but did anyone think it looks different stylistically to usual? Kiryu looking more brutal than usual too.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but can ROJM and TA please take this argument to PMs? I don't think anyone other than yourselves are following, and it's detracting from discussion of the actual game.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2014, 02:39:46 pm »
There's always been a tiny fanbase of Sega fans after DC simply because the majority of them stopped gaming,moved on to arcades or whatever..what's left are people who are fans of Sega franchises but not Sega as a company.

Its more like most of the old SEGa guard don't care for SEGA games at the mo and they've hardly moved to the Arcades since the Arcade scene in the West has died a death.

So what..you still trash Nagoshi every chance but not Naka who also was a problem

Nagoshi-san is part of the problem as he's chief officer and gets a say on what games are given the go-ahead . Naka-san I admire his work on the Master System, Mega Drive and Saturn and his part in PSO but nothing more.
No it isn't. Its still using an old engine for too long
Sport games using small updates engines is what happens as SEGA did that it's self with its World Series, NFL 2k, NBA 2k, Virtual Tennis and World Wide Soccer .

Yakuza isn't a sports game and shouldn't be compared to one , where for most sports games sequels people want the latest squads and stadiums . Yakuza is a big game like Ubi's Assassin Creed  and to give Ubisoft their credit they give their teams new tech and at least 2 years to develop each new entry in the series.

Compared to Capcom..minimal

Just the same really .

No Sega is about evolving

SEGA is dying , its going no-where fast and got little to offer and behind the teams on tech and IP that sells

[/size][/color]
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2014, 06:35:54 pm »

Its more like most of the old SEGa guard don't care for SEGA games at the mo and they've hardly moved to the Arcades since the Arcade scene in the West has died a death.

The real sega old guard moved on years ago after DC...the fact that a sega gamer playing games on a non sega system was too much for some. So no..the sega fandom as we once knew it in the west doesn't really exist for over a decade now.

Nagoshi-san is part of the problem as he's chief officer and gets a say on what games are given the go-ahead . Naka-san I admire his work on the Master System, Mega Drive and Saturn and his part in PSO but nothing more.Sport games using small updates engines is what happens as SEGA did that it's self with its World Series, NFL 2k, NBA 2k, Virtual Tennis and World Wide Soccer .

So was Naka making a mess of things in his executive role but you kept defending him to the hilt. Again you are just being a hypocrite...Sonic 2006 isn't his fault and all that nonsense about not wanting the responsibility he was given after his many tantrums of not getting better positions in the company...poppycock..what's good for the goose is good for the gander...

Yakuza isn't a sports game and shouldn't be compared to one , where for most sports games sequels people want the latest squads and stadiums . Yakuza is a big game like Ubi's Assassin Creed  and to give Ubisoft their credit they give their teams new tech and at least 2 years to develop each new entry in the series.

Nope i'm comparing two brands using the same engine time and time again across the board. So don't spin it.Why don't you complain about EA or capcom doing that...oh i know because you are a zealot when it comes to those bastard companies compared to sega..utter hypocrite once again...

Just the same really .

except sega is more successful than capcom. :))

SEGA is dying , its going no-where fast and got little to offer and behind the teams on tech and IP that sells
Wrong you were proven wrong by four people in the other thread about this..stop spreading your anti sega propaganda..its getting silly now..even for you.
And sega has evolved in its history as a company. A sega fan of the seventies was different to the ones in the nineties. Each were use to a type of game they produced in those eras. But eras end. Accept it and move on...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 06:37:53 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2014, 04:13:11 am »
So was Naka making a mess of things in his executive role but you kept defending him to the hilt

No I'll defend his work and his work on the Master System , Mega Drive and Saturn was incredible in terms of programming and pushing those systems  . He played a big roll in PSO and I'll give him credit for that . Naka-san should have been moved to SEGA technical division where his real talents lied  and Yoji-Ishii should have been made boss of Sonic Team imo.

Nope i'm comparing two brands using the same engine time and time again across the board.
  Sports games are different ; People just want the latest teams and the latest stats - That's why you'll not hear me moan at Sports Interactive for doing EA style updates to it's Football Manger game series . Big adventure games like Yakuza are quite different

Games like that need time to add in new features and offer new game worlds to explore

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #148 on: September 03, 2014, 05:17:46 am »

No I'll defend his work and his work on the Master System , Mega Drive and Saturn was incredible in terms of programming and pushing those systems  . He played a big roll in PSO and I'll give him credit for that . Naka-san should have been moved to SEGA technical division where his real talents lied  and Yoji-Ishii should have been made boss of Sonic Team imo.

No one is talking about the games. You are. Were talking about people who were developers whayever being in the executive side of the company. You are criticizing Nagoshi for screwing things up and releasing boring titles in YAKUXZA. However the exact same thing happened with Naka and you weren't even complaining about his role back then..especially when i was criticizing him.

Games like that need time to add in new features and offer new game worlds to explore

That description fits every game you can think of...Game engines don't grow on trees you know it takes time and money to create them and then they have to get their investment back by using that engine for the various games it was made for..the more money the games make the more successful the investment in building the engine would be. SHENMUE would have been the exact same thing had it carried on to its finale..same engine different games with various features added on each title released. So complaing about a title like YAKUZA sounds silly coming from your supposed experience...

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2014, 11:44:30 am »
However the exact same thing happened with Naka and you weren't even complaining about his role back then.

You keep on making out I'm this huge fan of Naka-san when I'm not. I admire his programming skills and that it . I'm not even a massive fan of the Sonic Team and always been far more for TA/Smilebit and AM#2

I don't think Nagosh-san or Naka-san are good team or Line leaders and would have much rathered seen  Yu Suzuki-san and Masayoshi-Kikuchi-san, Makoto-san given their own Teams and full say and control on what games are green lite. 

Game engines don't grow on trees you know it takes time and money to create them and then they have to get their investment back by using that engine for the various games

Only SEGA isn't given the team that time or money . Look at Ubisoft on how to do it  .. Give its Assassins Creed time and money and that's shows with the Anvil , Anvil Next next gen engine  or Capcom with Its Framworks MT 1,2,3 and now Panta Rhei next gen engine , EA with frostbite 1 2 and now with its next gen Frostbite 3 engine  , impact and now with its next gen  Ignite engine , Square soft with its Crystal and now Luminous next gen engine  .

Where's SEGA Japan next gen engine ?

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is