Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 266731 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2014, 12:06:54 pm »

You keep on making out I'm this huge fan of Naka-san when I'm not. I admire his programming skills and that it . I'm not even a massive fan of the Sonic Team and always been far more for TA/Smilebit and AM#2

I'm stating an argument where i was bashing Naka's role in sega as an executive and where you defended his position...now you are attacking Nagoshi doing the exact same thing. Never said anything in you being a fan...grow up you are not a kid anymore...

I don't think Nagosh-san or Naka-san are good team or Line leaders and would have much rathered seen  Yu Suzuki-san and Masayoshi-Kikuchi-san, Makoto-san given their own Teams and full say and control on what games are green lite. 

No creative sega developer are that is really the point. Thee may be a few who could handle it but really creative people mostly are not good business men and vice versa. They should always be kept seperate in my opinion. But that's SOJ management for you..

Only SEGA isn't given the team that time or money . Look at Ubisoft on how to do it  .. Give its Assassins Creed time and money and that's shows with the Anvil , Anvil Next next gen engine  or Capcom with Its Framworks MT 1,2,3 and now Panta Rhei next gen engine , EA with frostbite 1 2 and now with its next gen Frostbite 3 engine  , impact and now with its next gen  Ignite engine , Square soft with its Crystal and now Luminous next gen engine  .

That was happening before THE MERGER. Again i can't see why blaming sammy for everything in the noughties when its really been SOJ who still retains their autonomy is the one making all the bad decisions.

Where's SEGA Japan next gen engine ?

where is capcom's successful profit margin? Oh it doesn't exist for years now. And that's doing everything you keep wanting sega to do. In a period where game Rand D was at  its high costs and in an enviroment where the economy was unstable. Sega adapted and done what was necesary for its buisness to carry on...now capcom is in danger of falling apart and sega...isnt. There is a time and place to start flaunting new tech and game engines...this isn't it but it will happen soon...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:09:37 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2014, 02:33:38 am »
where i was bashing Naka's role in sega as an executive and where you defended his position

No you tried to make out that Naka-san took credit for games he never worked on , when that simple wasn't true .

Thee may be a few who could handle it but really creative people mostly are not good business men and vice versa
People like Kikuchi-san have done their time and now need to be given their own teams and allowed to run them and make the games they see fit .

Again i can't see why blaming sammy for everything in the noughties when its really been SOJ who still retains their autonomy is the one making all the bad decisions

Before the merger SEGA had very good pipe lines and some decent tech as anyone who played the likes of HOTD III, ORTA, VF 4 EVo , Super Monkeyball on the consoles could see. Since the HD age SEGA Japan have been playing catch up and now with the new gen its just even worse with SEGA Japan having to real new next gen tech to show off .

where is capcom's successful profit margin

For the last time  Capcom are making profits . And that question is just a cover has you know SEGA has nothing to offer what the major 3rd parties can , even crappy Konami has its next gen Fox engine to show off . SEGA Japan nothing - Well till Sonic Team and PSO Team show their hand on the next gen

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2014, 07:01:23 am »

No you tried to make out that Naka-san took credit for games he never worked on , when that simple wasn't true .
He did and that was part of the argument but it was also what he did in his positions of power as well. Don't bother trying that game...

People like Kikuchi-san have done their time and now need to be given their own teams and allowed to run them and make the games they see fit .

He probably will..but it wont be a game you'd want to see...

Before the merger SEGA had very good pipe lines and some decent tech as anyone who played the likes of HOTD III, ORTA, VF 4 EVo , Super Monkeyball on the consoles could see. Since the HD age SEGA Japan have been playing catch up and now with the new gen its just even worse with SEGA Japan having to real new next gen tech to show off .

Sad because you were saying they needed to catch up back then too which is why i don't take you seriously anymore..damned if they do..damned if they don't. Game wise it was a start of a terrible trend of sega japan games and Sega west output was abysmal...

For the last time  Capcom are making profits . And that question is just a cover has you know SEGA has nothing to offer what the major 3rd parties can , even crappy Konami has its next gen Fox engine to show off . SEGA Japan nothing - Well till Sonic Team and PSO Team show their hand on the next gen

No they aren't.You had four people giving you the EVIDENCE on that in the gaming forum. So for the last time stop spreading capcom propaganda and deal with the truth. Sega has made and keeps making more money than capcom has been able to make for nearly five years and longer. So whether you like what they are doing that's the fact.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 07:02:59 am by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2014, 08:30:00 am »
He did and that was part of the argument

He never and by all means try and prove otherwise .

He probably will..but it wont be a game you'd want to see

No chance with Nagoshi-san . Kikuchi will most prob just have enough and leave SEGA over the next 2 years .

Sad because you were saying they needed to catch up back then too which is why i don't take you seriously anymore

Yes in the 360 and PS3 days not the PS2 or XBox days . And what little impressive tech SEGA Japan did show off and use was never built on with its Canvas or Hedgehog engines .

No they aren't.

Yes they are for 2014

The Japanese publisher grew its profit by nearly 16 percent for the fiscal year

With the yen's depreciation and an improving Japanese economy, Capcom today reported net income up almost 16 percent for the fiscal year ended on March 31, 2014. Profit totaled 3.44 billion yen ($33.8 million) for the year (up 15.9 percent) while net sales climbed 8.6 percent to 102.2 billion yen ($1 billion)

For 2013

While revenue actually climbed from ¥82 billion ($820m) to ¥94 billion ($940m) in the year ended March 31 2013, the company's attempts to pivot in virtually every aspect of its Digital Contents business - which comprises console, PC and mobile development, and accounted 67.7 per cent of all revenue - saw profits fall by more than half to just $31 million. Barring 2010, when it made a profit of $22 million, that makes fiscal 2013 Capcom's least profitable year since 2005.
For 2012
Capcom's second quarter net profits jumped almost 300 per cent as the Japanese publisher observed a "recovery trend" in the video game market.For the three-month period ending June 30 2012, the company posted revenues of ¥18.6 billion ($237m / £151m), a 55.8 per cent increase year-on-year. Net profits were ¥1.3 billion ($17m / £11m), a 290.2 per cent jump over the ¥338 million posted in the same quarter last year.Capcom's Digital Contents group, which covers its console, PC and digital products, accounted for the majority of income, reporting ¥13.7 billion ($175m / £111m) in revenue for the quarter - up 78.8 per cent.

What part of profits do you not understand
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:31:56 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2014, 10:04:27 am »
blah blah blah blah blah
You live in your fantasy world..let the rest of us live in reality. If you are not here to talk about YAKUZA then please create your own thread and leave this one alone.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2014, 10:05:41 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sntFt83B6eE

Well i like the tone of the trailer...but i'm still doubtful that it will be different to what the series became with 3 onwards. We will have to wait and see on that one.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2014, 08:08:14 am »
That's awesome. Outrun, Afterburner etc?

Makes me miss Shenmue too.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2014, 09:56:47 am »
That's awesome. Outrun, Afterburner etc?

Makes me miss Shenmue too.

I hear some fans want a third one. Have you heard about this?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2014, 10:05:37 am »
I hear some fans want a third one. Have you heard about this?
Yes, I understand lots of people want Outrun 3.  :afroman:

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2014, 10:51:13 am »
So apparently Sega announced that it was localizing Yakuza 0 in mandarin Chinese.

Last time I checked, console gaming wasn't exactly on fire in China, given the varying grey markets and rampant piracy.

EDIT: DERP SEGABITS Article found lol(As in, I didn't bother to properly look for a source originally before posting x.x)

http://segabits.com/blog/2014/09/17/sega-to-localize-yakuza-zero-for-the-chinese-market/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 11:00:36 am by JRcade19 »

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2014, 11:01:13 am »
^Nobody reads the front page. It's all about the forums.

And yes, Sega hates white people only.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2014, 11:16:57 am »
Why would they translate it to Mandarin.. wtf.

Seriously though, i want a sequel to Outrun 2019. I mean just listen to this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gN4NlsMchOg[/youtube]

Amazing.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2014, 11:19:58 am »
Clearly this is the first step of appeasement between Japan and China so that the dispute over the Senkaku Islands can be settled over a Ryu Ga Gotoku faceoff.

And yes, Sega hates white people only.

I'm not white :(

But Nagoshi probably hates me because my skin is naturally tanned anyway :(

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2014, 11:29:08 am »
Clearly this is the first step of appeasement between Japan and China so that the dispute over the Senkaku Islands can be settled over a Ryu Ga Gotoku faceoff.

I'm not white :(

But Nagoshi probably hates me because my skin is naturally tanned anyway :(

I forgot, you live in England so you're more likely to be Arab, not white. Or so I understand from the internet.

One thing though, Ryu Ga Gotoku face off?
Face off in a single player game!? HOW!? Speed run race?