Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 272986 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2014, 10:46:42 pm »
I agree about the visuals, the engine looks outdated. Are they still using the Yakuza 3 engine with extra bells and whistles? It looks that way.
Made by SEGA

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #181 on: September 23, 2014, 12:12:34 am »
Well I'll admit one thing.. Game looks great, I love the 80's setting soo bad ass. The days of not caring about anything and maxing out your credit cards, it's gonna be great.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #182 on: September 23, 2014, 03:19:00 am »
It's based on the Yakuza 5/Binary Domain engine. Unless SEGA wants another money sink I doubt the engine would be updated anytime soon, though it's updated after every two mainline entry according to history, not certain that tradition is going to continue.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2014, 07:59:25 am »
One thing I don't like is Majima's fighting style. The break-dancing is a bit weird in my opinion. I know he did the spinning attack in the old games, but this seems a little bit... out of character.

Oh yeah, and like I said before, Kiryu breaking the pole in half and stabbing the guy in the stomach was far more brutal looking than I'm used to. Could this be a sign that Kiryu will be more violent and unrelenting in this game to reflect his younger days?

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2014, 08:12:41 am »
It's based on the Yakuza 5/Binary Domain engine. Unless SEGA wants another money sink I doubt the engine would be updated anytime soon, though it's updated after every two mainline entry according to history, not certain that tradition is going to continue.
Correct..people don't realize that the engines used for the YAKUZA games are expensive and that Sega wants to get back its investment by using the engine on every game they can..then they update. I think the engine now has gone thru 3 major updates...2 actual updates and a bells and whistle update that was used for KENZEN.
I dunno why people are complaining for anyway about this. If Sega had released all the SHENMUE titles on a yearly basis you'd get the same exact engine for that game. And the Hedgehog engine hasn't exactly changed since its initial introduction. No doubt BINARY DOMAIN had it continued would just use that same engine as well. In fact many games from different companies use the same engine for four even six games. So why is YAKUZA getting all the flak?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #185 on: September 23, 2014, 08:26:43 am »
Apparently RGG 0 aka YAKUZA 0 will have english subtitles...meaning it would make it a perfect title to be released in the west as well as easier for people to import if true...

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/09/23/yakuza-0-asia-ver-may-support-english-language-sega-tgs-interview/#/slide/1

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #186 on: September 23, 2014, 08:31:56 am »
Apparently RGG 0 aka YAKUZA 0 will have english subtitles...meaning it would make it a perfect title to be released in the west as well as easier for people to import if true...

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/09/23/yakuza-0-asia-ver-may-support-english-language-sega-tgs-interview/#/slide/1

I can forsee a lot of imports of the Asia/Pacific version if so. Like Demons Souls.

Why didn't they do this for Yakuza 5 fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Obviously they are waiting to release a Yakuza 5/Yakuza 0 double pack in English.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #187 on: September 23, 2014, 08:53:24 am »

I'll be on that import in a flash if it's got English subtitles.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #188 on: September 23, 2014, 09:04:10 am »
Oh of course! I feel slightly stupid now, I've heard Chinese games have English subtitles so I should have expected this all the same. I remember the Phoenix Wright games having English subs for the Chinese localisation.

One thing I don't like is Majima's fighting style. The break-dancing is a bit weird in my opinion. I know he did the spinning attack in the old games, but this seems a little bit... out of character.

Oh yeah, and like I said before, Kiryu breaking the pole in half and stabbing the guy in the stomach was far more brutal looking than I'm used to. Could this be a sign that Kiryu will be more violent and unrelenting in this game to reflect his younger days?

Majima has two other fighting styles to utilise if you feel uncomfortable with dancer Majima.

Also I definitely think Kiryu would be rougher. Nagoshi has stated that Kiryu grew calmer as he got older and I don't see present Kiryu kick stomping a already beaten guys face.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #189 on: September 23, 2014, 01:20:57 pm »
Oh of course! I feel slightly stupid now, I've heard Chinese games have English subtitles so I should have expected this all the same. I remember the Phoenix Wright games having English subs for the Chinese localisation.

Majima has two other fighting styles to utilise if you feel uncomfortable with dancer Majima.

Also I definitely think Kiryu would be rougher. Nagoshi has stated that Kiryu grew calmer as he got older and I don't see present Kiryu kick stomping a already beaten guys face.

Wonder if this has to do with western localization issues with the previous games. Because its ground zero its easier to re launch the series to western fans because there isn't any previous story elements that new players wouldn't get. 

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #190 on: September 23, 2014, 01:35:02 pm »
Wonder if this has to do with western localization issues with the previous games. Because its ground zero its easier to re launch the series to western fans because there isn't any previous story elements that new players wouldn't get. 

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned potential English translations. I figure if they do have English subs they'll probably be atrocious quality since it'll be for Asia Pacific, not native English speaking countries (Is this how it usually works?).

Still, I'll take it!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #191 on: September 23, 2014, 01:48:26 pm »
I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned potential English translations. I figure if they do have English subs they'll probably be atrocious quality since it'll be for Asia Pacific, not native English speaking countries (Is this how it usually works?).

Still, I'll take it!
Well we have gone past the days of "all your base belong to us" kind of translations. So i don't think it will be scrappy. The only changes would be if they use a word in japanese that has no meaning  in english at all. But since they are using subtitles i don't think that will really be an issue.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2014, 04:06:00 pm »
I understand Sega has to remake the initial investment in the engine; I just was pointing out that the game looks slightly dated for this being Sega's big project at the moment. This is also their second PS4 Yakuza game, so I wish they'd push the tech more. It's just pride speaking. I understand why they do it.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2014, 08:36:05 pm »
The hedgehog engine still looks hot as shit though, well it did when it was last used.
I suspect slapping in some next gen lighting and it could go on for years to come looking just as good as anything else.

The Yakuza engine they are currently using looks a generation behind.
Made by SEGA

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2014, 10:24:44 pm »

They are going to use the same trick that they have used in Kenzan!

PS3: 720p/Steady 30 FPS
PS4: 1080p/ 60 FPS

That's why the game looks like that and also because they have used the Yakuza 5 Engine one more time.