Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 273569 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #255 on: September 30, 2014, 11:07:08 am »
Usually I would agree with you, but this forum is jank as FUCK.

How sure are you about this... Mang?

Perhaps you just do not have... THE POWER

Let go of the cheap constraints of society and join me... FORMATTING.

I think the problem begins only after you start quoting someone who was quoting someone else, the format code is all over the place and not closing it right with [/ ] especially when you're copying the [/ quote] part of someone's post, I wouldn't be surprised if sometimes people might scroll over one character too many and it just kills the whole quote.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 11:16:39 am by Aki-at »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #256 on: September 30, 2014, 11:55:05 am »
What CAN we compare Sonic Unleashed to

Well other platform games or 3rd person games. What next have Ecco on the DC compared to racing games ? .

I guess we can't compare the engine of F-Zero and Monkey Ball because they are different genres. Oh wait we can since it's the same engine.

Just because it's running on the same said engine means little . I'm not about to compare Mario Kart to Zelda on the Cube even if both games running on the same engine , or Rockstar's Table Tennis to GTA IV even if they're running or  Shenmue to 18 wheeler even though  they're running on the same engine

Yakuza has better geometry than Sonic Generations.

In you're opinion and that's fair enough  . To me its features simple geometry in-game and the lighting effects are poor  [size=78%] [/size]

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #257 on: September 30, 2014, 11:58:12 am »
I still haven't noticed a huge formatting issue with the Boards.. Am i missing something?

Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #258 on: September 30, 2014, 12:00:24 pm »
Just because it's running on the same said engine means little . I'm not about to compare Mario Kart to Zelda on the Cube even if both games running on the same engine , or Rockstar's Table Tennis to GTA IV even if they're running or  Shenmue to 18 wheeler even though  they're running on the same engine

No but we can say what is actually, you know, a good engine. So you can compare it, we do it all the time and unless you can show why we can't, I'm afraid you're going to come off as being ignorant on the subject matter.

In you're opinion and that's fair enough  . To me its features simple geometry in-game and the lighting effects are poor

No, you see, you just can not do that.

Geometry is facts. Facts can be proved, you cannot tell me "Well you think a square is a square but that's your opinion, even if it has four sides I think it's a triangle" geometry can be proven and is factual aspect. Lighting likewise, for the Hedgehog Engine is completely baked and not as impressive as other games that feature dynamic lighting.

I still haven't noticed a huge formatting issue with the Boards.. Am i missing something?

Have you tried quoting TA yet?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #259 on: September 30, 2014, 12:09:35 pm »
Let me TRY

To format with different sizes I wonder if it will work It seems to be now.... strange.

Have you tried quoting TA yet?

Maybe it's just when quoting TA after all?

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #260 on: September 30, 2014, 12:10:44 pm »

Well other platform games or 3rd person games. What next have Ecco on the DC compared to racing games ? .

Such as?
Gears of War to Sonic Unleashed? Uncharted 2 to Sonic Unleashed? Witcher 2?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2014, 12:37:39 pm »
Fonts and such can go all over the place when you're copy/pasting text from other sources, easiest way to clean up your posts is to click this when leaving a reply and it unformat's your post so all the copy is uniform.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #262 on: September 30, 2014, 01:19:42 pm »
This whole topic is outta whack now. Its proven that the YAKUZA engine isn't outdated and its better than the Hedgehog engine. Its proven that Sega has not only updated the YAKUZA engine in the last four years but also created two new engines during that period as well. We all know that Sega is raking it in and aren't falling behind at all. We all know that Sega sill makes tech and hardware but reserved for the arcade division that is used on titles like BORDERBREAK. We know Sega had created various tech to use for their own games but to license it to others during the last five years. And if were talking about new engines for the next gen then ALIEN ISOLATION completely finishes off this debate. It makes no difference whether it isn't from SOJ.CA is part of Segasammy. SOJ gave CA the cash to create the game. The game is a big budget title. And ultimately Segasammy was the ones who approved that this big budget title for next gen was to go ahead using a NEXT GEN new engine..created within the Sega set up. So this nonsense that Segasammy is going cheap all the way and  not spending money when we have two to three titles now using new engine or new tech or big money etc,  discredits that belief should be enough. You can't separate what Creative Assembly is doing from SOJ mainly because SOJ is responsible for the funding of the game as they give the money to their divisions which was given to them by Segasammy. That's the bottom line. End of story.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #263 on: September 30, 2014, 02:37:57 pm »
This whole topic is outta whack now. Its proven that the YAKUZA engine isn't outdated and its better than the Hedgehog engine. Its proven that Sega has not only updated the YAKUZA engine in the last four years but also created two new engines during that period as well. We all know that Sega is raking it in and aren't falling behind at all. We all know that Sega sill makes tech and hardware but reserved for the arcade division that is used on titles like BORDERBREAK. We know Sega had created various tech to use for their own games but to license it to others during the last five years. And if were talking about new engines for the next gen then ALIEN ISOLATION completely finishes off this debate. It makes no difference whether it isn't from SOJ.CA is part of Segasammy. SOJ gave CA the cash to create the game. The game is a big budget title. And ultimately Segasammy was the ones who approved that this big budget title for next gen was to go ahead using a NEXT GEN new engine..created within the Sega set up. So this nonsense that Segasammy is going cheap all the way and  not spending money when we have two to three titles now using new engine or new tech or big money etc,  discredits that belief should be enough. You can't separate what Creative Assembly is doing from SOJ mainly because SOJ is responsible for the funding of the game as they give the money to their divisions which was given to them by Segasammy. That's the bottom line. End of story.

Nice XD

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #264 on: September 30, 2014, 02:48:23 pm »
What does XD stand for?

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #265 on: September 30, 2014, 02:57:24 pm »
What does XD stand for?

It's an emoticon for Laughter.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #266 on: September 30, 2014, 03:17:13 pm »
Sort of like this:

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #267 on: September 30, 2014, 03:19:29 pm »
Xtra Dicks

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #268 on: September 30, 2014, 10:14:20 pm »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #269 on: October 01, 2014, 03:47:53 am »
No but we can say what is actually, you know, a good engine.

We can and I don't think Kenzan, Yakuza 3 or IV were that great engines in game . I did liked Binary Domain engine, but now that's outdated and not uble to be scaled up to the next gen , like how the Anvil Next gen is for Assassin Creed Unity , while also able to support the 360 and PS3 versions of Assassins Creed Rouge .

That what I mean by other corps having next gen pipelines . Even the Sonic engine which you loved to slate did very decent things with PSO 2 on the PC and shows the engine is at least scalable.

And if were talking about new engines for the next gen then ALIEN ISOLATION completely finishes off this debate.

We're on about SEGA Japan . CA got it right a next gen game engine that is scalable, able to work on multi platforms and a game that is made to appeal to the West . SEGA Japan should take note 

Geometry is facts. Facts can be proved,

Yakuza 3 Geometry is very simple in games like Yakuza III or IV . There's plenty of 2D assets being used for starters, shaders being used to give the impression of 3D but its just a flat object (like neck chain ect), there's no real time reflections being used (even though its raining ) Lighting effects that happen on the Battle moves and so on aren't reflected back on the scenery and the less said about Kezan water effects the better.

We all know that Sega sill makes tech and hardware but reserved for the arcade division that is used on titles like BORDERBREAK.

You make me laugh for starters you keep banging on about Mobile , yet the likes of EA actually make more revenue from the mobiles in fact if one looks at the top earners on the Mobile SEGA are far from the top  with the likes of Gung Ho way out in front and even the likes of Disney and EA and I'm sure Square ahead of SEGA   . And wow SEGA Japan making tech for Border Break ?  That keep them ahead of the game  lol , given that Ring Edge was way behind last gen console spec and Ringedge 2  is way behind the likes of  XBox 1 or PS4

And so far SEGA hasn't ported the game to the consoles , much less let AM#2 work on a console game (other than handling ports of past classics)

Keep it coming

« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:54:59 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure