Author Topic: New Yakuza  (Read 272309 times)

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: New Yakuza
« Reply #300 on: October 02, 2014, 09:53:09 am »
we're talking about the Hedgehog Engine here solely

Well if we're solely talking of the Hedgehog engine then by default its the best engine . Looking over than and my talk of Capcom, FromSoftware and Square . I'll just say that Kezan, Yakuza III IV didn't have great engines and I'll say the Hedgehog looked better .

I am arguing that the Hedgehog Engine was never great even back in 2008.

Well I again I'm not arguing that the Hedgehog engine is the best or even a match for Capcom or Fromsoftware tech . I'm just saying it looks more impressive to me than Yakuza tech, not that either is a great major for Capcom's MT Framework engine and well like I said to me Canvas was the most impressive engine SOJ came up with , just a shame it was only ever used for one PS3 game before being downgraded to the PSP.

SEGA confirmed that the combined budget of the original Yakuza and the sequel was $20 million.

No SEGA only ever confirmed the budget used for the 1st game , unless you can prove otherwise

Yakuza 4 sold more than Yakuza 3

Ok I stand corrected

No, most PS3/Xbox 360 games cost between $10 million - $20 million to mak

Well in a EDGE special with the like of EA/Activision/Ubi and Ninja Theory they said the cost of the average next gen game was around $20 to $30 million

Gears of War 2 cost $12 million to make

C'Mon we can all show off the one example . I mean Lost Planet cost Capcom $30 to $40 million

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #301 on: October 02, 2014, 10:08:35 am »
Well if we're solely talking of the Hedgehog engine then by default its the best engine . Looking over than and my talk of Capcom, FromSoftware and Square . I'll just say that Kezan, Yakuza III IV didn't have great engines and I'll say the Hedgehog looked better .

No this isn't a comparison between engines in SEGA, this is engines full stop. The Hedgehog Engine is not demonstrating SEGA's technical skills, simply put.

Well I again I'm not arguing that the Hedgehog engine is the best or even a match for Capcom or Fromsoftware tech . I'm just saying it looks more impressive to me than Yakuza tech, not that either is a great major for Capcom's MT Framework engine and well like I said to me Canvas was the most impressive engine SOJ came up with , just a shame it was only ever used for one PS3 game before being downgraded to the PSP.

No you have banged on how the engine was great and ready to show off next gen shaders and all that, it's not great at all, like the Yakuza engine, it's substandard compared to other rival engines in the market.

And Canvas isn't an impressive engine.

No SEGA only ever confirmed the budget used for the 1st game , unless you can prove otherwise

Can you prove otherwise?

If the budget of Yakuza 1 was $25 million, then naturally the budget of Yakuza 3 should be higher due to the inflated cost of HD games, but a budget of $25 million would mean Yakuza 3 would have to sell over 700,000 units before it can even breakeven.

Well in a EDGE special with the like of EA/Activision/Ubi and Ninja Theory they said the cost of the average next gen game was around $20 to $30 million

EA, Activision and Ubisoft are not the rule, they are an exception. All three are targeting the high end of game developers and with excessive budgets.

C'Mon we can all show off the one example . I mean Lost Planet cost Capcom $30 to $40 million

And a good chunk of that budget was $20 million spent marketing the game. Another example, Uncharted 2, had a budget of $20 million.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #302 on: October 02, 2014, 10:25:02 am »
TA is on the ropes...keep on punching AA...

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #303 on: October 05, 2014, 11:55:06 am »
Double post

Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #304 on: October 05, 2014, 12:13:12 pm »
No this isn't a comparison between engines in SEGA, this is engines full stop.

Well on that score , like I said SOJ are hopeless and way behind .

No you have banged on how the engine was great and ready to show off next gen shaders and all that

Sonic Gen is a nice looking game .

it's substandard compared to other rival engines in the market.

Yes I know, I think I've been making that point haven't I ?

Can you prove otherwise?

In the making of Yakuza in EDGE and in his column. Nagaoshi-sand confirmed Yakuza $20 million plus budget  . And SOJ did a press release about the cost of the 1st game , before the game made it out . Never seen anything from SEGA or in the press that talked of the 2nd game budget . Maybe you can prove otherwise ?

but a budget of $25 million would mean Yakuza 3 would have to sell over 700,000 units before it can even breakeven.
Well not doubt SEGA gets a bit of help with R&D costs from SONY and isn't Yakuza games sold at higher retail price than most standard Japanese PS games ?

All three are targeting the high end of game developers and with excessive budgets

Well they were also speaking for most the industry and how the main games will cost 20 to 30 million dollars to produce. 

And a good chunk of that budget was $20 million spent marketing the game.

With Marketing the game cost Capcom $40 million make .

And Canvas isn't an impressive engine

For what it was asked to it was a stunning looking game , with some decent lighting effects

Uncharted 2, had a budget of $20 million.

It was more in the end wasn't it . Also in a EDGE special with Naughty Dog they spent millions in R&D pre prepping Drakes II  and I don't think that was factor in the end costs .  Most of the big games on the 360 and PS3 would cost 20 to 30 million to make

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:15:19 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #305 on: October 05, 2014, 01:57:49 pm »
And on and on and on and on...

Yes I know, I think I've been making that point haven't I ?

Who knows what point you've been making..you keep backtracking, going off tangents...making arguments on points no one else raised...spinning and twisting..quoting comments out of context...and downright lying....no one here knows exactly what you even mean anymore...or stand for...

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:59:29 pm by ROJM »

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #306 on: October 06, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »
Who knows what point you've been making..you keep backtracking,

?

So allow me again to show you

http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3087.135

What ? Each new Yakuza Game is just more of the same . You know I don't mind that , but SEGA should do what the likes of Ubisoft do and that's have separate teams working on the updates and also seriously update its tech like Ubisoft does . So you can have the same old gameplay that people like, but with a brand new setting and tech allows the game to at least look and feel fresh Face facts SEGA is milesbehind on tech Here's Ubi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzBJPOcmke0Here's Fromsoftware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDh9D4619kYHere's Capcom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN-J7-gs_VAWhat SEGA Japan got ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No talking up the Hedgehog engine at all . Just point out how far behind SEGA Japan is the likes of Ubi, Capcom, Fromsoftware,
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #307 on: October 06, 2014, 03:06:41 pm »
ANY EXCUSE REALLY....TO GO INTO SOMETHING THAT WASN'T WORTH A REPLY....

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #308 on: October 06, 2014, 07:56:40 pm »
Sega may be "miles" behind Ubisoft, but at least Sega's engines don't run like hot garbage, ala the experiences in games powered by both Anvil and Disrupt.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #309 on: October 06, 2014, 08:38:59 pm »
It's hilarious that Yakuza 0 for PS4 will run in 1080p/60 FPS and Unity is going to run in 900p/30 FPS in both next - gen consoles

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2014, 07:57:32 am »
It's hilarious that Yakuza 0 for PS4 will run in 1080p/60 FPS and Unity is going to run in 900p/30 FPS in both next - gen consoles

That was hilarious. 'We are going to limit both to run identically, to stop all the debate and stuff'

Or something to that effect.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2014, 12:28:07 pm »

ANY EXCUSE REALLY

Not point out that SEGA Japan is behind on tech and not praising the Hedgehog compared to other 3rd parties next gen offerings , like what implied. Very clear that I'm saying the whole of SOJ tech isn't up to next gen standards 

Still looks better than anything coming from SEGA Japan and by quite a margin . Too many people overblow the resolution gate .  The likes of Ryse run at 900p and it pisses on almost all games other XBox One and PS4 games , even those running at native 1080p.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:30:02 pm by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline ROJM

« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2014, 01:12:59 pm »

And this is why TA is a joke. Sega behind on tech when the fact that the so called outdated YAKUZA engine is running the game faster than his example? Why does he even come here anymore?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2014, 01:48:13 pm »
And this is why TA is a joke. Sega behind on tech when the fact that the so called outdated YAKUZA engine is running the game faster than his example? Why does he even come here anymore?

To be fair, Ass Creed Unity CAN run at those specs on PS4 I believe, but they purposely downgraded it so that there wouldn't be any 'debates and stuff' about the graphics difference between PS4 and Xbone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-ubisoft-defends-assassins-creed-unity-graphics-lock-for-parity-on-ps4-xbox-one

Offline ROJM

« Reply #314 on: October 07, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »
To be fair, Ass Creed Unity CAN run at those specs on PS4 I believe, but they purposely downgraded it so that there wouldn't be any 'debates and stuff' about the graphics difference between PS4 and Xbone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-07-ubisoft-defends-assassins-creed-unity-graphics-lock-for-parity-on-ps4-xbox-one

That's not the point. For something that is outdated and inferior....it seems that it can go toe to toe with many of the engines he favours....That's what i'm saying.