Author Topic: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"  (Read 165976 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2021, 09:37:13 pm »
I can imagine his Final Smash is literally giving whoevers playing him the power of tilting the entire stage how they please, thus they can try and shake and punt the opponents off the stage with the stage itself.

That would nice to do with gyro control.

My choice of which Sonic character to be in Smash would be Dr. Eggman. I can imagine him in the EGG-HVC-001 as his prime mech. It's modified to be more agile than it was in Palmtree Panic such as able to jump, punch and kick, but also fitted with a "quick-switch" function which would allow him to switch to other boss mechs from past Sonic games in order to fill his moveset.

It's cool to control Eggman in his mech, but I doubt Nintendo would like to see EGG-HVC-001 in their own game.

Reason why I want Dr. Eggman for smash is because most of the fighters have had their villains invited to Smash already. Ridley, Sephiroth, King K. Rool and so on. And while I want Dr. Eggman as an original fighte,r it be the cherry on the cake if he took Metal Sonic along for the battle as Sonic's echo.

Other than Sephiroth, they are from Nintendo's franchise.
Pac-Man, Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Ryu, Joker, Bayonetta, Snake, and Banjo-Kazooie didn't have had their villains invited to Smash.

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #301 on: September 27, 2021, 10:48:50 pm »
That would nice to do with gyro control.

It's cool to control Eggman in his mech, but I doubt Nintendo would like to see EGG-HVC-001 in their own game.

Other than Sephiroth, they are from Nintendo's franchise.
Pac-Man, Mega Man, Simon Belmont, Ryu, Joker, Bayonetta, Snake, and Banjo-Kazooie didn't have had their villains invited to Smash.
Do the bosses count such as Dracula?

But yeah I think Nintendo would take the irony of it and have Dr. Eggman in the EGG-HVC-001 after knowing that just to show the Famicon was still the fighter to them. But my main reason for this choice of mech is because:
  • It's more well known and recognisable.
  • It has appendages that can be used for fighting, especially the bumpers for fists.
  • The E-Mech which is perhaps Dr. Eggman's significant mech for fighting is just not as well known as his other machines.
To me, while Dr. Eggman is physically strong in his own right, not without the power or durability to back him up as Bowser, King K.Rool or Ganondorf has.. unless going by Mario logic then perhaps Dr. Eggman can hold his own without a mech. But a mech will provide him with the power he needs to fight while still being iconic. And a quick-switch ability to turn his egg-mobile into other recognisable mechs would not only make him more iconic but fill out his skillsets.

Offline Berto

« Reply #302 on: September 28, 2021, 03:18:39 am »
Do the bosses count such as Dracula?

But yeah I think Nintendo would take the irony of it and have Dr. Eggman in the EGG-HVC-001 after knowing that just to show the Famicon was still the fighter to them. But my main reason for this choice of mech is because:
  • It's more well known and recognisable.
  • It has appendages that can be used for fighting, especially the bumpers for fists.
  • The E-Mech which is perhaps Dr. Eggman's significant mech for fighting is just not as well known as his other machines.
To me, while Dr. Eggman is physically strong in his own right, not without the power or durability to back him up as Bowser, King K.Rool or Ganondorf has.. unless going by Mario logic then perhaps Dr. Eggman can hold his own without a mech. But a mech will provide him with the power he needs to fight while still being iconic. And a quick-switch ability to turn his egg-mobile into other recognisable mechs would not only make him more iconic but fill out his skillsets.

How about Eggwalker?
While E-Mech is cooler than Eggwalker, I believe Eggwalker is more likely choice due to how popular Sonic Adventure 2 is.

Offline Berto

« Reply #303 on: September 28, 2021, 03:19:49 am »
Tec Toy Exclusives on the Sega Master System

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-U4oJYwJUY

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #304 on: September 28, 2021, 10:30:14 am »
How about Eggwalker?
While E-Mech is cooler than Eggwalker, I believe Eggwalker is more likely choice due to how popular Sonic Adventure 2 is.

The reason why I didn't count the Egg-walker is because it lacks arms. This is it's only punching attack he had, a boxing glove on a stick.

This is why I'd pick the EGG-HVC-001. It's a recognisable mech from a (somewhat) mainstream Sonic game and has servos for standard punching, kicking and jumping manuvers. It can also come in red and purple which is at least 2/8 palette swaps

The only problem I see with it would be how it would pick up weapons off the ground such a baseball bat or laser sword. Maybe the bumpers turn into claws from the prototype design for it. But I like to imagine when it comes to hanging off edges, Dr. Eggman has to stand up from his seat and grabs on with his hand which his legs hold the weight of his mech.

Offline Berto

« Reply #305 on: September 29, 2021, 01:12:10 am »
The reason why I didn't count the Egg-walker is because it lacks arms. This is it's only punching attack he had, a boxing glove on a stick.

This is why I'd pick the EGG-HVC-001. It's a recognisable mech from a (somewhat) mainstream Sonic game and has servos for standard punching, kicking and jumping manuvers. It can also come in red and purple which is at least 2/8 palette swaps

The only problem I see with it would be how it would pick up weapons off the ground such a baseball bat or laser sword. Maybe the bumpers turn into claws from the prototype design for it. But I like to imagine when it comes to hanging off edges, Dr. Eggman has to stand up from his seat and grabs on with his hand which his legs hold the weight of his mech.

I think EGG-HVC-001 is too tall. E-mech is indeed the right suit for fighting, since it was used in VS Fighting game.
But of course they could just make a new mech.
E-mech is also a new one for Sonic The Fighters after all.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #306 on: September 29, 2021, 08:24:30 am »
I think EGG-HVC-001 is too tall. E-mech is indeed the right suit for fighting, since it was used in VS Fighting game.
But of course they could just make a new mech.
E-mech is also a new one for Sonic The Fighters after all.
They could scale the HVC down to at least 190 / 6’3” in height. Which is roughly the maximum height fighters in smash can be. To converse in size I can imagine the HVC's legs and arms scaled down a bit.

If the EGG-HVC-001 ever made it to the SFM workshop, I would animate various movesets myself to rough demostrate how it could work.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 08:31:36 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #307 on: September 30, 2021, 12:03:46 am »
They could scale the HVC down to at least 190 / 6’3” in height. Which is roughly the maximum height fighters in smash can be. To converse in size I can imagine the HVC's legs and arms scaled down a bit.

If the EGG-HVC-001 ever made it to the SFM workshop, I would animate various movesets myself to rough demostrate how it could work.

That got me thinking, if Sonic Forces let us customize our own character, Team Sonic Racing let us customize our own car, then may be it's time for a game that let us customize our own Egg mech.

Didn't like the orange/red colour, wanted to change it into blue or black.

Offline Berto

« Reply #308 on: September 30, 2021, 12:04:56 am »
Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown Update 1.20 Patch Notes – September 30, 2021

Virtua Fighter 5 update 1.20 is now available to download on PS4 players.
According to the official Virtua Fighter 1.20 patch notes, the latest update added new tournament mode and various bug fixes.
Apart from this, Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown patch 1.20 also added new trophies.

Article : https://updatecrazy.com/virtua-fighter-5-update-1-20-patch-notes-september-30-2021/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #309 on: September 30, 2021, 11:44:50 am »
That got me thinking, if Sonic Forces let us customize our own character, Team Sonic Racing let us customize our own car, then may be it's time for a game that let us customize our own Egg mech.

Didn't like the orange/red colour, wanted to change it into blue or black.
I did enjoy the Hydro City boss battle in Sonic Mania, where Sonic caught Dr. Eggman unprepared and took his eggmobile in order to boss battle him for a change.

Offline Berto

« Reply #310 on: October 04, 2021, 12:30:33 am »
I did enjoy the Hydro City boss battle in Sonic Mania, where Sonic caught Dr. Eggman unprepared and took his eggmobile in order to boss battle him for a change.

Yeah, that was a surprising battle, unlike any others. Enjoyable one too.

Offline Berto

« Reply #311 on: October 04, 2021, 12:30:55 am »
Smash Bros. Twitter Encourages Fans To Let Their Imaginations "Run Wild" Before The Final Fighter Reveal

The Final “Mr. Sakurai Presents" will be airing on October 5th at 11 PM (JST).
There is only one more fighter left to reveal, completing the 11th Challenger Pack.
Who will join the battle?! Please wait and let your imagination run wild. The program will be 40 minutes long.
Watch here : https://t.co/wLVCdxTgtT

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/10/smash-bros-twitter-encourages-fans-to-let-their-imaginations-run-wild-before-the-final-fighter-reveal

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #312 on: October 04, 2021, 04:16:26 pm »
Smash Bros. Twitter Encourages Fans To Let Their Imaginations "Run Wild" Before The Final Fighter Reveal

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/10/smash-bros-twitter-encourages-fans-to-let-their-imaginations-run-wild-before-the-final-fighter-reveal
Will it really be the final fighter in Ultimate? I mean, Ultimate is supposed to be the pinnacle of the Smash Bros. series and expande along on the way. So there maybe more Challenger Packs in the future?

Offline Berto

« Reply #313 on: October 04, 2021, 08:18:52 pm »
Will it really be the final fighter in Ultimate? I mean, Ultimate is supposed to be the pinnacle of the Smash Bros. series and expande along on the way.

Yes, it's final. Sakurai wanted to rest from SSB after this.
He said making this game was really tough and basically games are just more fun to play than make.

So there maybe more Challenger Packs in the future?

No. At least not for SSB Ultimate on Switch.
If there are ever new characters again, it would be on the next SSB, not on SSB Ultimate.

Offline Berto

« Reply #314 on: October 04, 2021, 08:47:49 pm »
Love Sega Special Live TGS 2021 Sega Mix
(Also Featuring Virtua Fighter)

https://youtu.be/cZHoblSNPNM

Love Sega Special Live TGS 2021 Life Will Change/I Believe

https://youtu.be/9CJzraXKZ_U

Love Sega TGS 2021 Last Surprise

https://youtu.be/FAJBOM1q6pY