Author Topic: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"  (Read 166008 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA VS Fighting Games - "Better run home to mama now!"
« Reply #360 on: November 08, 2021, 12:36:21 pm »
Masahiro Sakurai Was Asked About the Future of Smash in The Latest Issue of Famitsu

Link : https://www.siliconera.com/masahiro-sakurai-was-asked-about-the-future-of-smash/
I still think it make more sense just to continue SSBU indefinitely. Heck Bethesda has released Skyrim on almost all modern consoles since 2011 because they know how customizable and marketable that game is.

I mean, I get it, the more fighters means the more difficult it be to balance the whole ecosystem the game has. But I really can't imagine a sequel topping SSBU.

Unless he collaborates with Sega to release a Sega vs Nintendo Smash Bros game.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #361 on: November 13, 2021, 02:29:33 am »
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles free update #2 to add playable demons Susamaru & Yahaba

Due out in late November to early December, Susamaru and Yahaba are two of six planned free post-launch characters.
The first update, which added Akaza and Rui, launched on November 4.
The third update, which will add the final two characters, has yet to be dated.

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-the-hinokami-chronicles-free-update-2-to-add-playable-demons-susamaru-yahaba

Offline Berto

« Reply #362 on: November 13, 2021, 02:35:03 am »
I still think it make more sense just to continue SSBU indefinitely. Heck Bethesda has released Skyrim on almost all modern consoles since 2011 because they know how customizable and marketable that game is.

I mean, I get it, the more fighters means the more difficult it be to balance the whole ecosystem the game has. But I really can't imagine a sequel topping SSBU.

Unless he collaborates with Sega to release a Sega vs Nintendo Smash Bros game.

As long as Masahiro Sakurai weren't willing to continue SSBU, I don't think Nintendo would continue it.
And Sakurai were already burned out of SSBU, wanna take a rest a while and exploring other interests.
The most possible of the continuation if Nintendo launch a new system.
It could be new concept of SSB or reboot, or just a remake of SSBU with more characters, but it won't happened on current gen (Switch v1/v2/Lite/Oled).

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #363 on: November 14, 2021, 01:39:56 pm »
As long as Masahiro Sakurai weren't willing to continue SSBU, I don't think Nintendo would continue it.
And Sakurai were already burned out of SSBU, wanna take a rest a while and exploring other interests.
The most possible of the continuation if Nintendo launch a new system.
It could be new concept of SSB or reboot, or just a remake of SSBU with more characters, but it won't happened on current gen (Switch v1/v2/Lite/Oled).
Back in the NDS days, I fantasized the idea of a SSB spin-off game where a Red version consist entirely of Nintendo characters and a blue version for Sega characters. And that both games were compatible with one another. I wouldof course got the blue game.

Offline Berto

« Reply #364 on: November 14, 2021, 06:58:39 pm »
Back in the NDS days, I fantasized the idea of a SSB spin-off game where a Red version consist entirely of Nintendo characters and a blue version for Sega characters. And that both games were compatible with one another. I wouldof course got the blue game.

I think SEGA could make their version of SSBU if they're willing, which sadly they're not.
They have SEGA All Star series after all with racing, tennis, puzzle, so why not fighting...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #365 on: November 16, 2021, 03:40:25 pm »
I think SEGA could make their version of SSBU if they're willing, which sadly they're not.
They have SEGA All Star series after all with racing, tennis, puzzle, so why not fighting...

I'd rather if Sega ever decided to make their own Sega Superstars fighting game, that it's either a sequel to Fighters Megamix or a genuine collaboration with Masahiro Sakurai for a genuine Smash Bros. spin-off game.

Because let's face it, when Sony made Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, for a game that rips off Smash bros. no one really cared. When Nickelodeon released their own Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl game, instead of critisizing it as a rip-off of SSBU instead it's just compliments and agreements over it, likely because SSBU has finished and NASB has just begun.

But if Sega tries to make their own platform fighting game with Sega characters, I just know critics and trolls will not hold back the mudslinging of it being a "rip-off" of SSBU. It's always the same, whenever Sonic Team release a new spin-off, IGN and critics are quick to call it "Sega's answer to Nintendo's game" of the like. Heck S&SASR:Transformed did not copy the car/boat/plane thing from MArio Kart, Mario KArt was simply released first before S&SASR:T but people still thought All-Star Racing Transformed ripped-off Mario Kart which now had cars switching from boats and gliders.

Just saying the only way I can see Sega can make a platform fighting game with little to no heck from Nintendorks is either a collaborated or a consented project from Sakurai, or a direct sequel to Fighters Megamix. And honestly I prefer the later.

Offline Berto

« Reply #366 on: November 16, 2021, 07:13:47 pm »
I prefer the later too.
I still remember your thread about it.
I meant how easy it is to make for SEGA right now..
They already had Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Shodown.
All they had to do right now is just adding some characters and stages..

Offline Berto

« Reply #367 on: November 16, 2021, 07:21:07 pm »
Virtua Fighter 5 US, SMTV, Demon Slayer, AoE4, and Humankind are nominated on Game Awards 2021

The Game Awards 2021 is coming December 2021 - Live from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles.

Link : https://thegameawards.com/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #368 on: November 17, 2021, 10:59:26 am »
I prefer the later too.
I still remember your thread about it.
I meant how easy it is to make for SEGA right now..
They already had Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Shodown.
All they had to do right now is just adding some characters and stages..

It will perhaps require some modifications, but I like the idea of a Sega fighting game with gameplay styled after Tekken, DoA and SoulCalibur, especiall SoulCalibur's armour mechanic worked in for the Fighting Vipers fighters.

Plus it would definitely be "different" from the Smash Bros. games so Nintendorks can't critisize it for being a rip-off. All the more reason why I would want such a game to carry the "Fighters Megamix" name to concrete it with a game series that's older than Smash Bros.

Though I imagine Sega would rather call it "Sega All-Stars Fightiers Megamix" than Fighters Megamix 2. It would still count as a sequel to Fighters Megamix but also be an installment to the Sega Superstars games. That and it's perhaps too long for a Sega Saturn game to have such a late sequel... unless you're NiGHTS I suppose.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:24:53 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #369 on: November 17, 2021, 07:29:41 pm »
It will perhaps require some modifications, but I like the idea of a Sega fighting game with gameplay styled after Tekken, DoA and SoulCalibur, especiall SoulCalibur's armour mechanic worked in for the Fighting Vipers fighters.

Plus it would definitely be "different" from the Smash Bros. games so Nintendorks can't critisize it for being a rip-off. All the more reason why I would want such a game to carry the "Fighters Megamix" name to concrete it with a game series that's older than Smash Bros.

Yes, I'd hate it if it kinda same with SSB.
SEGA should've been rhymed with innovation, not following others.

Though I imagine Sega would rather call it "Sega All-Stars Fightiers Megamix" than Fighters Megamix 2. It would still count as a sequel to Fighters Megamix but also be an installment to the Sega Superstars games.

I don't think SEGA uses "Sega All-Stars" trademark anymore.
They could name the game "SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed" and "SEGA All-Star Puzzle".
But they picked "Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed" and "SEGA Heroes" as titles instead.
I wonder why.

That and it's perhaps too long for a Sega Saturn game to have such a late sequel... unless you're NiGHTS I suppose.

Or Sakura Wars.
I think my Saturn thread is full of Sakura Wars, kinda too late to make it a separated thread.

Sakura Shinguji as guest star in Samurai Showdown or Last Blade would be cool, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK6d0jFArM0

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #370 on: November 17, 2021, 11:03:29 pm »
I don't think SEGA uses "Sega All-Stars" trademark anymore.
They could name the game "SEGA All-Star Racing Transformed" and "SEGA All-Star Puzzle".
But they picked "Sonic All-Star Racing Transformed" and "SEGA Heroes" as titles instead.
I wonder why.
I think they would still use the All-Star name if they were inclined to make an All-Star game. I know "All-Star" is usually a term for fan-favourite sports players and athletes but I like to believe they got the name from their Dreamcast budget series Sega All Stars which I think it's a clever reference... even if most of the Sega All Star games rarely mentioned the Sega classics.

I also like the fact that Fleetway's Sonic the Comic were the first to use the "Sega Superstars" name when StC had comics based on other Sega games. So it all connects in a way.

Sega Heroes was perhaps an acception to the name given it was made by Demiurge. Sega perhaps simply asked them to make the game and permit them the characters.

I think a "Sega All-Stars Fighters Megamix" would be an ideal sequel to both Fighters Megamix and the Sega Superstars series.(Or call it Sega Superstars Fightmers Megamix.)

Offline Berto

« Reply #371 on: November 18, 2021, 12:21:00 am »
It could also be inspired by ...gulp... Nintendo

But we may never know...

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #372 on: November 19, 2021, 12:09:03 pm »
Well it's either that or Sega come up with a term for their Sega heroes. Such as... well Sega Heroes I suppose. But I think Sega Superstars has stuck more.

Offline Berto

« Reply #373 on: November 21, 2021, 08:42:57 pm »
Yes, I'd prefer the SEGA Superstar title too.

Offline Berto

« Reply #374 on: November 21, 2021, 08:43:37 pm »
Happy 26 Years Anniversary for X-Men: Children of the Atom (Saturn) !

Originally released for Capcom CPS-2 hardware in 1994, it was brought to the Sega Saturn on 22nd November 1995, and is built similarly to the likes of Street Fighter II' and Darkstalkers.
The game was widely praised as a result of this, in addition to its colorful graphics and use of voice actors from the then-current X-Men cartoon series.

Link : https://segaretro.org/X-Men:_Children_of_the_Atom