Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 456709 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
The Dreamcast Collection (Including Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut) and Shenmue I & II are both on sale on the Humble Store.
85% off for Dreamcast and 75% off for Shenmue!

Links :
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dreamcast-collection
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/shenmue-i-ii

Offline Berto

KartRider Rush+: Sonic Collaboration Event - Super Sonic Gameplay Showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpnZXw1Kg2Q

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Nintendo's just too overprotective. Most of time it worked for them though.
It's Nintendo. They could shit out a game and it still be highly regarded.
I didn't even know that Second Life is toxic. It doesn't look like that way for outsider's perspective.
I used to be part of a group of Sonic fans. I made one mistake and they were quick to kick me out of their group like a cancerous tumor despite the years we had. I once made my own Green Hill Zone only for one of my land mods to ruin it. Other than that almost every service requires L$, the game is more thirsty for it's in-game cash than Roblox is for Robux. Oh, and the crashing. Was so annoying. If I were to ever return to Second Life, especially the Sonic fan community on there, I want to be sure they're gone. That or I can't be my OC on it. Still  Idon't have any reasons to go back to Second Life.
Not the big three though. We only got Hawkeye, Vision, Loki, and Scarlet Witch instead of Iron man, Captain America, and Thor.
While I'm not much of a Hawkeye guy, Hawkeye and Visionw ere still Avengers. And Loki's awesome, I wish modern Doctor Who was more like Loki. All in all I would love a TV-series adaption of the movies in same style as Sonic Drone Home. But given Drone Home looks entirely CGI would that mean we'll hardly see Green Hills human residents despite Green Hill being a human town?
It's good to know that in short we're just doing fine right now.
Yep. No drama at my end... for now.
I mean, think of fans who died waiting for Half Life 3, or for Avengers: Endgame. Kinda depressing if you think about it.
I like ice cream but I'm still skinny.
Not all of us are skinny. Though I'm not fat, I'm just... in denial.
This time. it's not just twitter privileged, but also Japanese-privileged too.
All questions must be in Japanese.  :-D
Well that's just an extra layer of suckage.

Offline Berto

It's Nintendo. They could shit out a game and it still be highly regarded.

And they're fully aware that they're highly regarded.
Bet they're singing this often to their fans :

I used to be part of a group of Sonic fans. I made one mistake and they were quick to kick me out of their group like a cancerous tumor despite the years we had. I once made my own Green Hill Zone only for one of my land mods to ruin it. Other than that almost every service requires L$, the game is more thirsty for it's in-game cash than Roblox is for Robux. Oh, and the crashing. Was so annoying. If I were to ever return to Second Life, especially the Sonic fan community on there, I want to be sure they're gone. That or I can't be my OC on it. Still  Idon't have any reasons to go back to Second Life.

No, don't go back. There are always more new games keep coming to be explored.
That made me remember I was part of a toxic alliance too back then in a freaking mobile game.
I left it and my life's all calmer now though sometimes I miss the gameplay (and the joy of defeating others)
While I always tempted to go back, but I always remember that I've decided ...

While I'm not much of a Hawkeye guy, Hawkeye and Visionw ere still Avengers. And Loki's awesome, I wish modern Doctor Who was more like Loki. All in all I would love a TV-series adaption of the movies in same style as Sonic Drone Home. But given Drone Home looks entirely CGI would that mean we'll hardly see Green Hills human residents despite Green Hill being a human town?

Yeah, probably this one being done by different studios than the one who made the movies?
That would explain why they only stick to CGI characters.

Well that's just an extra layer of suckage.

Still the answers are all probably :
1. Something that most of Sonic fans already knew; or
2. Vague answer for a question that's kinda hard to answer; or
3. Something that they can't tell us yet so they told us to wait for the next news/announcement.

Offline Berto

Sonic Origins (Switch) File Sizes For Standard & Digital Deluxe Versions Revealed - 3.6GB vs 7.8GB

Sonic Origins' standard release will be around 3.6GB.
The Digital Deluxe release is more than twice the size of this, at an impressive 7.8GB — that means it's larger than both Sonic Forces and Sonic Colors Ultimate on the Switch.
How did the blue blur manage that?

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/sonic-origins-file-sizes-for-standard-digital-deluxe-versions-revealed

Offline Mystic Monkey

https://youtu.be/BS9YAiD9EP8
And they're fully aware that they're highly regarded.
Bet they're singing this often to their fans :

True, I won't say their games are "just bad", I just think they became more cult than culture when it comes to fans and relevance.
No, don't go back. There are always more new games keep coming to be explored.
That made me remember I was part of a toxic alliance too back then in a freaking mobile game.
I left it and my life's all calmer now though sometimes I miss the gameplay (and the joy of defeating others)
While I always tempted to go back, but I always remember that I've decided ...

I don't have any plans to go back to Second Life. Sometimes it crossed my mind now and again... but nah. For a game that boasts what freedom you have it's still heavy reliant on it's L$ economy to get nice things.
Yeah, probably this one being done by different studios than the one who made the movies?
That would explain why they only stick to CGI characters.
That's fair if they simply don't have James Marsden, Tika Sumpter or Adam Pally on board let alone the desired set scenery. I really don't mind if Drone Home is an example of what the TV series will be like, I just hope we'll still get familiar live-action human characters. Especially given Sonic is practically adopted by the Wachowski's now.
Still the answers are all probably :
1. Something that most of Sonic fans already knew; or
2. Vague answer for a question that's kinda hard to answer; or
3. Something that they can't tell us yet so they told us to wait for the next news/announcement.
That's true. I guess I can't ask them about he origin of gold rings.

Offline Berto

https://youtu.be/BS9YAiD9EP8

Looks cool but the way he destroy enemy's still confusing for me if only judging by this short teaser clip.

True, I won't say their games are "just bad", I just think they became more cult than culture when it comes to fans and relevance.

That's fair if they simply don't have James Marsden, Tika Sumpter or Adam Pally on board let alone the desired set scenery.
I really don't mind if Drone Home is an example of what the TV series will be like, I just hope we'll still get familiar live-action human characters.
Especially given Sonic is practically adopted by the Wachowski's now.

Yes, still it would be weird if they kept mentioned but never show their faces.
Kinda like Superman in Supergirl TV series season 1.
(although he finally showed his face in season 2)

Offline Mystic Monkey

Looks cool but the way he destroy enemy's still confusing for me if only judging by this short teaser clip.
I have a feeling Sonic Frontier will be the first of a new era of Sonic games. One inspired by such games as Kingdom Hearts, Zelda and PSO2:New Genesis. Because of that we may be introduced to new enemies with more lore built around them than just generic badniks to bop with homing attacks and may have more stylized combat to it.

My guess to the story is Starfall Islands simply show up from nowhere and that like Halpha from PSO2:NG, the very islands themselves are riddled with some sort of alien technology. Dr. Eggman was perhaps the first to discover this alien tech and reprograms it for his interest. As Sonic learns more about the islands himself he unlocks a new power to fight with. At least that's my pure guess.
I just wish Sega were justa s good as Nintendo like they were in the old days.
Yes, still it would be weird if they kept mentioned but never show their faces.
Kinda like Superman in Supergirl TV series season 1.
(although he finally showed his face in season 2)

DC media always seems to established a shared continuity with other franchises to the point a DC hero can't have their own series without at least some mention of other heroes. Even "Lois and Clark" had the batmobile in it at one point, and that's the most standalone Superman series I know of.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Sonic Frontiers gameplay premier by IGN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxJ5_ovBC_g

What are your thoughts on it so far? In a sense the mostly empty island and the music gives me a sort of sad and lonely vibe to it all. But most definitely open-world gameplay inspired by Kingdom Hearts and Breath of the Wild.

Offline Berto

Sonic Frontiers gameplay premier by IGN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxJ5_ovBC_g

What are your thoughts on it so far? In a sense the mostly empty island and the music gives me a sort of sad and lonely vibe to it all. But most definitely open-world gameplay inspired by Kingdom Hearts and Breath of the Wild.

Yes, it has Kingdom Hearts' and Breath of the Wild's feel.
The one with the tower reminded me of Balan Wonderworld too.
So far I'm liking what I see.
Waiting for the video of the combat system now.

Offline Berto

SEGA News Bits Live: Sonic Frontiers GAMEPLAY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJRpTd_SClw

IGN has promised Sonic Frontiers content throughout the month of June 2022, and after a 30 second tease yesterday things officially kick off with a full gameplay preview trailer.
The trailer, which debuted at 9AM Pacific time, gives fans a better idea of just how an open world Sonic game will play out.

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/06/01/sega-news-bits-live-sonic-frontiers-gameplay/

Offline Berto

Sonic Forces - Rivals League!

Think fast! All-Star Amy and Slugger Sonic return in Rivals League!
Throughout the whole event, Mission refresh times and Red Star Ring costs have been reduced! ⚾

Source : https://twitter.com/SEGAHARDlight/status/1532037255946174465
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 03:02:27 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

Yes, it has Kingdom Hearts' and Breath of the Wild's feel.
The one with the tower reminded me of Balan Wonderworld too.
So far I'm liking what I see.
Waiting for the video of the combat system now.
It also gives me PSO2:NG-vibes. And with the sombre music and how empty that island appears, gives a sort of sad and lonely vibe which is rather different from past Sonic games that usually have upbeat music and Sonic's attitude.

I have a feeling this game will not be afraid to put more drama into it's story, which gives me hope for having a story as quality as the Adventure games and Unleashed.

But then again I also hope item boxes and emblems will return in it, but doubt Sonic Team no longer cares for that.

Offline Berto

It also gives me PSO2:NG-vibes. And with the sombre music and how empty that island appears, gives a sort of sad and lonely vibe which is rather different from past Sonic games that usually have upbeat music and Sonic's attitude.

I have a feeling this game will not be afraid to put more drama into it's story, which gives me hope for having a story as quality as the Adventure games and Unleashed.

But then again I also hope item boxes and emblems will return in it, but doubt Sonic Team no longer cares for that.

I usually love Sonic's cheerful upbeat music, but I'll give this a try since it fits the environment.
I don't mind the PSO2:NG-vibes since PSO was first created by Sonic Team afterall.
Now let's wait for the combat battle.
Based on the teaser, one of his new attack's like from Pac-Man World 3
(running around the enemies to destroy them).

Let's see what's more.

Sonic Frontiers: Combat Gameplay Trailer | IGN First

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q88r4mKJGoM

Offline Berto

Sonic Forces - Tails’ Vault Issue!

Hey everyone.
We are currently investigating an issue with Tails’ Vault being cancelled.
Players who purchased the Vault will be compensated with a new Key soon, so please do not repurchase one.
Thank you for your patience.

Source : https://www.facebook.com/SEGAHARDlight/