Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 458489 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #1980 on: October 13, 2022, 11:07:39 pm »
Sonic Hacking Contest 2022 is live right now

Since this is a contest, the creators of each of these mods are also being judged on their creations.
Everyone is encouraged to vote for each of their favorite mods in a variety of prestigious awards, so if any of them has you particularly impressed, make sure you vote for it in whatever award it may be nominated for.
See the article for a few of my personal highlights of this year’s mods.

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2022/10/13/sonic-hacking-contest-2022-is-live-right-now/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #1981 on: October 14, 2022, 12:08:50 pm »
His battle costumes are mandatory for fighting so he had no options but to wear them.
On the normal occassion he would only choose to wear red and blue.
Well maybe the spaghetti sauce will fall on his overalls.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1982 on: October 16, 2022, 09:14:09 am »
Sonic Speed Simulator - Pumpkin Hill Zone and Skeleton Knuckles!

WEEKEND UPDATE

Help Skeleton Knuckles explore the spooky Pumpkin Hill in a brand new story!

◉ All New Pumpkin Hill Zone!
◉ New Unlockable Skeleton Knuckles!
◉ New Spooky Items in Amy's Event Shop!
◉ New Magic Broom Hoverboard!
◉ New Full Moon Chao, Candy Corn Chao, and Scarecrow Chao!
◉ New Jack-O'-Lantern Trail and Candy Corn Trail!
◉ MIDWEEK - New Emerald Hill Race Map!

Play here: https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/3X-WORLD-Sonic-Speed-Simulator

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1983 on: October 16, 2022, 10:39:06 am »
Sonic Speed Simulator - Pumpkin Hill Zone and Skeleton Knuckles!

Play here: https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/3X-WORLD-Sonic-Speed-Simulator
I've already posted my thoughts and opinions on this map elsewhere so
https://sonic.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000173332

Feel free to quote me from my SNN post. Especially my complaint on how the event objectives are handled.

Other than that I find the Emerald Hill race course fun but I think it's better off as an obby than a race course.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1984 on: October 16, 2022, 08:43:04 pm »
I've already posted my thoughts and opinions on this map elsewhere so
https://sonic.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000173332

My guess the next event we will have will probably promote Sonic Frontiers.
It would make sense to do so.

Halloween and Sonic Frontiers release date is so close, they only have a week to promote it before the release date.
Of course they could still promote it after the release date.
Now I wonder will SEGA let them to use Koco too?
Koco meeting Chao could be funny if it done right.

Offline Berto

« Reply #1985 on: October 16, 2022, 10:15:34 pm »
SEGA Unveils Sonic Frontiers Prologue: CONVERGENCE Cover

Today, SEGA revealed the cover for an upcoming digital comic, Sonic Frontiers Prologue: CONVERGENCE.
As a prologue to Sonic Frontiers, Sonic Frontiers Prologue: CONVERGENCE is a two part digital comic prologue and dives into the events taking place for Sonic, Tails, Amy and Dr. Eggman right before they begin their journey to the Starfall Islands in search of ...

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2022/10/14/sega-unveils-sonic-frontiers-prologue-convergence-cover/

Offline Berto

« Reply #1986 on: October 17, 2022, 12:07:41 am »
SEGA will be attending the Thailand Game Show and ESGS this year!

SEGA will host its very first booth at the Thailand Game Show and Electronic Sports and Gaming Summit - ESGS, two of the largest gaming events in Southeast Asia!😍😍

Thailand Game Show 2022:
OCT 21 (Fri)- OCT 23 (Sun)
Queen Sirikit National Conventional Center,
Bangkok, Thailand

ESGS:
OCT 28 (Fri) - OCT 30 (Sun)
SMX Convention Center Manila,
Manila, Philippines

For the people who will attend we will be distributing free goodies such as stickers, and give the opportunity for you to have first-hand experience of the Sonic Frontiers demo and much more!

Source : https://www.facebook.com/sega.asia.EN/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 08:35:50 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #1987 on: October 17, 2022, 12:44:39 am »
90s Video Game Voucher Shows Alternate Mario 64 And Sonic 3D Blast Box Art

The game entitled 'Sonic Blast' (a title which would later be used on a Game Gear release) on the other hand takes a finished design that we assumed couldn't get any creepier and turns it up to a whole new level of uncanny.
In a similar pose to the final Sonic 3D Blast case, this alternate Sonic is rounder, plumper and with eyes that appear to be staring right into our very soul.
Yeah, we're pleased they changed that one.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/10/random-90s-video-game-voucher-shows-alternate-mario-64-and-sonic-3d-blast-box-art

Offline Berto

« Reply #1988 on: October 17, 2022, 01:09:29 am »
Really Amateur Games Expo 2022 / RAGE 2022 Trailer
(Starts from October 17th to 24th!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwHks0rhac

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #1989 on: October 17, 2022, 07:47:40 am »
Halloween and Sonic Frontiers release date is so close, they only have a week to promote it before the release date.
Of course they could still promote it after the release date.
Now I wonder will SEGA let them to use Koco too?
Koco meeting Chao could be funny if it done right.

I imagine, if they want to do the bare minimum to promote Sonic Frontiers, it can be something like this:

New Frontier Event - A corruption has arrived in Green Hill. you must collect Memory Tokens (maybe based on Sonic instead of his friends like in the game) or something else to get obligatory stuff.
  • Collect 10k - Earn Koco pet
  • Collect 25k - Earn Cyloop Trail
  • Collect 50k - Earn four more Koco pets
  • Collect 100k - Unlock Adventure Sonic
And maybe, maybe if they really want to put some degree of effort into it, they could change the following:
  • Springs reskinned to how they appear in Frontiers.
  • Balloons reskinned to how they appear in Frontiers.
  • Chaos Orbs replaced with Skill Pieces but function the exact same way. Or if they don't want to reskin the Chaos Orbs, have the Skill Pieces as the collectibles.
Y'know, instead of making "Earn one pet" and "Earn four pets" a separate objective, they should just make "Earn one pet" repeatable. Allow the player to stack as many of the available pets as they want.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 08:18:42 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #1990 on: October 17, 2022, 11:29:56 pm »
I imagine, if they want to do the bare minimum to promote Sonic Frontiers, it can be something like this:

New Frontier Event - A corruption has arrived in Green Hill. you must collect Memory Tokens (maybe based on Sonic instead of his friends like in the game) or something else to get obligatory stuff.
  • Collect 10k - Earn Koco pet
  • Collect 25k - Earn Cyloop Trail
  • Collect 50k - Earn four more Koco pets
  • Collect 100k - Unlock Adventure Sonic
And maybe, maybe if they really want to put some degree of effort into it, they could change the following:
  • Springs reskinned to how they appear in Frontiers.
  • Balloons reskinned to how they appear in Frontiers.
  • Chaos Orbs replaced with Skill Pieces but function the exact same way. Or if they don't want to reskin the Chaos Orbs, have the Skill Pieces as the collectibles.
Y'know, instead of making "Earn one pet" and "Earn four pets" a separate objective, they should just make "Earn one pet" repeatable. Allow the player to stack as many of the available pets as they want.

I can see they make "Earn one pet" repeatable, but also make players wouldn't be able to stack them as many as they want.
It would be limited slots and if you want to upgrade the slots, you got to spend robux for it.
Pets then could be traded for something that Frontiers related.

Also do you think Sonic will be upgraded with new moves in Speed Sim?
Cyloop may be?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 11:32:55 pm by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #1991 on: October 18, 2022, 12:11:01 am »
Happy 10 Years Anniversary for Sonic Jump (iOS)!

While Sonic Jump is the first Sonic game designed with iOS and smartphone devices in mind, it’s not the first Sonic Jump game.
Sonic Jump originally came out in 2006 on older cell phones of that period.
This predates Doodle Jump which many claim this game is a knockoff of by almost three years.
That’s right Sonic Jump didn’t rip off Doodle Jump. If anything, it’s the other way around.

Link : http://segabits.com/blog/2012/10/26/review-sonic-jump-ios/

Offline Berto

« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 03:01:17 am by Berto »

Offline Berto

« Reply #1993 on: October 18, 2022, 08:30:01 pm »

Offline Berto

« Reply #1994 on: October 18, 2022, 08:33:12 pm »
Sonic Advance 1: Tweaked Hack Patch

This is a patch for every release of Sonic Advance 1 that makes two ‘tweaks’ in hopes of providing a better, less frustrating gameplay experience. These two tweaks are nerfing all 7 Special Stages by lowering the ring requirement in each section, and changing the Pause Menu to have it’s functionality from Time Attack mode in every mode in the game. This includes the main campaign as well!

This change allows the player to quickly retry an Act, switch characters, change Acts, or go back to the Main Menu without having to bother with finishing up the current game session.

Included in the zip is various patches for all releases of the game. Please check the readme.txt that’s also included with the zipped archive for further information.

Download the patch here : https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/7227/