Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 457275 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #960 on: February 14, 2022, 06:55:14 pm »
That makes sense.I rememebr the day Sonic moved onto gameCube. A part of me felt a sense of "defeat". I mean I believe the Dreamcast was a great console! But the problem was it was released too early when Sega could of spent more time polishing it. The Dreamcast was released in 1998 while GameCube came out in 2000 and XBox and PS2 2001 which the way I see it people turned their interest in a choice of three new things than just the one decent console.

While you could argue that spec-wise Dreamcast was inferior to the GameGube, the GameCube was also inferior to the XBox and PS2 but regardless the GameCube still had a great market against it's new competitors while Dreamcast just fizzled out.

We all agree that Sega sticking to video games is a good marketing decision. More platforms means more availability to the game. But still having the latest Sega console was something to take pride in.

Still, with Sonic 2 and Mario's movie hitting cinema this year we might be met with a rekindled rivalry... though given Sonic's movie will be released in March-April and Mario's movie in December it probably be like how GameCube showed up later to steal dreamcast's thunder.

As for me, a part of me felt a sense of "defeat" when SEGA decided to release Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2, but not on Dreamcast.
I thought to myself, if SEGA themself wouldn't want to support their console, why would fans.
Only after few days I've realized how bad SEGA's condition at that time.
Dreamcast is a money-losing console. The more they sell Dreamcast, the more money lost from them. 
It made more sense they chose the third party road. But part of me wish they had not.

Offline Berto

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #961 on: February 14, 2022, 07:24:32 pm »
Happy Valentine Day 2022 !!!

To celebrate Valentine's Day we have a special illustration for you~ 🌹✨
Credits to the amazing artist, Murakami Yuichi for the Hatsune Miku: Colorful Stage special illustration!

Sources :
https://www.facebook.com/ColorfulStageEN/
https://www.facebook.com/Sonic/

Offline Berto

« Reply #962 on: February 15, 2022, 12:07:24 am »
SEGA's Insights Lab has another survey for you: "We're keen to read your thoughts on Sonic Colours Ultimate!" 🔵💨

Survey Link : https://t.co/6GNdrTORYs

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #963 on: February 15, 2022, 05:36:13 am »
As for me, a part of me felt a sense of "defeat" when SEGA decided to release Virtua Fighter 4 on PS2, but not on Dreamcast.
I thought to myself, if SEGA themself wouldn't want to support their console, why would fans.
Only after few days I've realized how bad SEGA's condition at that time.
Dreamcast is a money-losing console. The more they sell Dreamcast, the more money lost from them. 
It made more sense they chose the third party road. But part of me wish they had not.

It sucks that Nintendo were stable and confident enough to continue making consoles but Sega were not. I wonder if Nintendo had an office party the day Sega backed out of the console business?
Happy Valentine Day 2022 !!!

Offline Berto

« Reply #964 on: February 15, 2022, 07:09:47 pm »
It sucks that Nintendo were stable and confident enough to continue making consoles but Sega were not.
I wonder if Nintendo had an office party the day Sega backed out of the console business?

Of course not. Nintendo isn't competing with SEGA anymore at that time.
Their competitor was Sony with PS1 and PS2,
but then finally they succeeded to surpass PS3 with the phenomenal Nintendo Wii.
That's the real party.

Offline Berto

« Reply #965 on: February 15, 2022, 07:25:31 pm »
Third Sonic the Hedgehog movie in the works,
Live-action series Featuring Knuckles coming to Paramount+

The Paramount+ Twitter account shared the news today that a third Sonic movie is in the works, likely titled “Sonic the Hedgehog 3” as well as news that a Knuckles series will be releasing to Paramount+ in 2023 starring Idris Elba.
The Knuckles TV series would be the first Sonic spin-off in the realm of ...

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/02/15/third-sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-in-the-works-knuckles-series-coming-to-paramount/

Offline Berto

« Reply #966 on: February 16, 2022, 01:09:41 am »
A special message about the future of the Sonic franchise from the CEO of SEGA CORPORATION, Haruki Satomi:

Source : https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1493707402968928262?t=0pg-GMwxqJtsekWC42uikw&s=19

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #967 on: February 16, 2022, 07:31:34 am »
A special message about the future of the Sonic franchise from the CEO of SEGA CORPORATION, Haruki Satomi:

Source : https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1493707402968928262?t=0pg-GMwxqJtsekWC42uikw&s=19
I don't hate this. But I still think they should consider a Sega Cinematic Universe.

Take Captain America or Iron-Man for example. Those two were practically the flag ship series of the MCU. Now that they're dead and gone... people still want more MCU! Going as far as Eternals or No Way Home.

Not saying they should consider killing off Sonic, just building up a Sega Cinematic Universe would mean both fresh content for Sega to market off and continuation for the Sonic movies through other movies.

The fact Wachowski's world is both a lot like our Earth and the use of rings for quick and easy intergalactic access to other worlds in the universe just opens up a lot of possibilities on how other Sega-Paramount movies can interconnect with one another. And that is if they even want to bother with those connections and just make continuity-enclosed movies anyway.

Offline Berto

« Reply #968 on: February 16, 2022, 07:06:49 pm »
I don't hate this. But I still think they should consider a Sega Cinematic Universe.

Take Captain America or Iron-Man for example. Those two were practically the flag ship series of the MCU. Now that they're dead and gone... people still want more MCU! Going as far as Eternals or No Way Home.

Not saying they should consider killing off Sonic, just building up a Sega Cinematic Universe would mean both fresh content for Sega to market off and continuation for the Sonic movies through other movies.

The fact Wachowski's world is both a lot like our Earth and the use of rings for quick and easy intergalactic access to other worlds in the universe just opens up a lot of possibilities on how other Sega-Paramount movies can interconnect with one another. And that is if they even want to bother with those connections and just make continuity-enclosed movies anyway.

It could happen if many fans want it enough..
Just like when they want Sonic movie re-design.
But so far I never heard that kind of hashtag on Twitter or Facebook.

Offline Berto

« Reply #969 on: February 17, 2022, 12:09:49 am »
Sonic Dash: Community Survey

Hey everyone! Do you have 5 minutes in-between events to tell us your thoughts on Sonic Dash?
We're looking for feedback on characters, races and resources so we can make our game better for the community.
Thank you!

Link : https://forms.gle/SNbDAhjygcjWKcJeA

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #970 on: February 17, 2022, 04:01:30 pm »
It could happen if many fans want it enough..
Just like when they want Sonic movie re-design.
But so far I never heard that kind of hashtag on Twitter or Facebook.
I just got mixed feelings about a TV series based on the Sonic movies. Don't get me wrong I would love to see what Tom and Sonic get up to on their down time... but given Knuckles is the only announced character for the TV series it's believe the show will be for Knuckles and I'm like "I'm all for spin-off shows for side characters but Marvel Cinematic Universe didn't do that until Phase 2!"

I also have my concerns on what will happen once Sega and Paramount "burn out" with Sonic's film series. Like what happened to Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carrabean and Resident Evil films. This is why I go on about a "Sega Cinematic Universe" Sonic films are the basket with all the eggs in it when Sega should consider turning other Classic-era game franchises into more baskets to carry those eggs in.

Offline Berto

« Reply #971 on: February 17, 2022, 07:27:55 pm »
I just got mixed feelings about a TV series based on the Sonic movies. Don't get me wrong I would love to see what Tom and Sonic get up to on their down time... but given Knuckles is the only announced character for the TV series it's believe the show will be for Knuckles and I'm like "I'm all for spin-off shows for side characters but Marvel Cinematic Universe didn't do that until Phase 2!"

I also have my concerns on what will happen once Sega and Paramount "burn out" with Sonic's film series. Like what happened to Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carrabean and Resident Evil films. This is why I go on about a "Sega Cinematic Universe" Sonic films are the basket with all the eggs in it when Sega should consider turning other Classic-era game franchises into more baskets to carry those eggs in.

Strike when iron's hot.
Sonic is gonna popular this year thanks to Sonic 2 movie, Sonic Prime, and Sonic Frontiers.
There's no guarantee that it's gonna be like this two years for now,
so It'd make sense to go full power right now,
That's what Project Sonic 2022's goal  is.

And about why pick Knuckles...
TV series is very limited on budget too, that's why they usually pick a character that's not main character
It would be too expensive to make Iron Man or Captain America TV series with Robert Downey Jr or Chris Evan.
That's why they chose Loki, Hawkeye, and Falcon & Winter Soldier for TV series,
and even that's still expensive as hell.
It's a risque bet.

Offline Berto

« Reply #972 on: February 17, 2022, 07:55:06 pm »
SEGA News Bits Live: Sonic 3 The Movie & Knuckles The TV Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6QOLzNEB1g

Let’s talk about the latest Sonic movie news, including the upcoming sequel, the newly announced third film and the Knuckles streaming series!
If you want to support this type of content, you can check out our Patreon!

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/02/17/sega-news-bits-live-sonic-3-the-movie-knuckles-the-tv-show/

Offline Berto

« Reply #973 on: February 17, 2022, 11:54:46 pm »
Live & Learn - Acoustic Version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMur9YMJHA

Offline Berto

« Reply #974 on: February 18, 2022, 12:06:33 am »