Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431039 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #795 on: December 27, 2021, 08:23:15 pm »
Well, as much as I think a Sonic LEGO set with electronic minifigure would be cool, I just can't see it happening if Nintendo has the licence for it. But SEGA could probably get away with making an electronic minifigure for another leading toy franchise. Hot Wheels was the first in mind given some of their playsets look like they were designed for rollercoasters and Sonic's zones have rollercoaster like formations.

Also the hot wheels cars could be based on Sonic Racing games,
And since the new Hot Wheels game is a success, it'd be a cool if the have Sonic DLC too...
But I guess it would feel samey with Sonic racing games.

Offline Berto

Re: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package
« Reply #796 on: December 28, 2021, 12:24:22 am »
Sonic Frontiers' Release Date Might Have Already Been Leaked

It's due to arrive at some point in the "holiday 2022", so when exactly can we expect the blue blur's next outing?
According to the PlayStation database tracker 'PlayStation Game Size', Sonic's next adventure has been listed for 15th November.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/12/rumour-sonic-frontiers-release-date-might-have-already-been-leaked

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #797 on: December 28, 2021, 11:40:16 am »
Also the hot wheels cars could be based on Sonic Racing games,
And since the new Hot Wheels game is a success, it'd be a cool if the have Sonic DLC too...
But I guess it would feel samey with Sonic racing games.
True. I'd rather have a Sonic playset where I can construct the courses however I like like Lego Mario but still have that need for speed Hot Wheels have.

Offline Berto

« Reply #798 on: December 28, 2021, 07:02:44 pm »
The leak about LEGO Sonic the Hedgehog set is true!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b3QZcm2Sog

– 1125 Pieces
– 5 Minifigures
– Price: $69.99 / £59.99 / €69.99 / 119.9 AUD / 89.99 CAD
– Available January 01, 2022

Link : https://lego.com/Sonic

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #799 on: December 28, 2021, 07:46:20 pm »
£60 for a something you just put in a room to look at. Would it even be called a "toy"?

Offline Berto

« Reply #800 on: December 28, 2021, 11:57:49 pm »
£60 for a something you just put in a room to look at. Would it even be called a "toy"?

This is also a toy according to online stores :

And most people who has it I'm sure would just put in a room to look at,
not playing with it.
Guess the meaning of toys have changed now.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #801 on: December 29, 2021, 09:32:14 am »
This is also a toy according to online stores :

And most people who has it I'm sure would just put in a room to look at,
not playing with it.
Guess the meaning of toys have changed now.
I guess figurines do count as toys, though dunno who wouldn't want to keep hands off of a toy like that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #802 on: December 29, 2021, 06:50:41 pm »
There are also "sex toys" so guess there are many different kind of toys.

Offline Berto

« Reply #803 on: December 30, 2021, 12:03:02 am »
Sonic Blue Inferno : Adventure Inspired Fangame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTk1uQxBRA

The game was made in Dreams (PS4/PS5) so the game making tools are very limited.

Link : https://discord.gg/XR5QsCQTPn

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #804 on: December 30, 2021, 11:18:19 am »
There are also "sex toys" so guess there are many different kind of toys.
Yeah but evne those toys have some interaction.

Offline Berto

« Reply #805 on: December 30, 2021, 07:03:00 pm »
Yeah but evne those toys have some interaction.

So anything could be a toy!

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #806 on: December 30, 2021, 08:50:15 pm »

So anything could be a toy!
In a way, yes. I mean guns and weapons are obviously not toys. But some could regard certain devices as toys, I'd say it comes down to how much joy one derives from it even if it's non-productive.
For example cameras are used for photography but there are those who simply like taking pictures because it's a fun hobby for them, so that camera would technically be a toy to them.

I guess that technically makes figurines "toys" even if they're just for display, I just can't argue that they are if you don't "play" with them. I's why Elf on a Shelf can go F itself. It's not a toy, it's a scam.

Offline Berto

« Reply #807 on: December 30, 2021, 11:12:20 pm »
That's why some figurines called as "statues",
because they are not meant to play with.
But sometimes those statues are too small,
as small as children's toys.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #808 on: December 30, 2021, 11:25:18 pm »
That's why some figurines called as "statues",
because they are not meant to play with.
But sometimes those statues are too small,
as small as children's toys.
Yes, thus as statues you can't "play" with them given they're suppose to be decoration. So would that make them toys? Is Elf on a Shelf really a toy?

Offline Berto

« Reply #809 on: December 30, 2021, 11:52:28 pm »
Is Elf on a Shelf really a toy?

If you give them to a toddler, they're gonna play with it.
Everything could be a toy.